Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take a point against Forest AWAY now?

Would you take a draw against Forest in 2 weeks' time?

• Total voters

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I reckon we can lose and still come ahead of them .... a draw would be fine and a win totally brilliant.

130317Footie_zps618c10af.png

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
NO , go for the win , what is the use of a point if it turns out that we miss out on the play offs by a single point ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes.
At this stage of the season it's all about wins. Leicester have to go there too and if they win then the point will mean **** all.
Not really. If we get a point and Leicester beat Forest that opens the door for us to go above Forest. We only need to finish above one of them, and given how well they're playing, a draw would be a good result.

NO , go for the win , what is the use of a point if it turns out that we miss out on the play offs by a single point ?
And what if we lose, and miss the play-offs by one point, and would have made it with a draw?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No, I wouldn't. As long as we can go there and show the same amount of (and I shall use this word for the amusement of our Palace friends, seeing as they haven't got much to smile about) spunk, and desire to win, then win we can. That said, it wouldn't be a total disaster to come away with a point, but that would certainly pile the pressure onto the rapidly diminishing number of remaining games.
The one thing we must not do is become over confident due to yesterday's wonderful victory - we all saw what happened following the 4-1 win. Show the same level of commitment and the play-offs are well within our reach.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
If we lose it wouldn't be the end of the world

Fancy us to beat Charlton,Leicester and win at Midd'boro

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope we need to be beating our rivals home or away at this stage of the season if we are to build the momentum to be able to win the playoffs. Off the back of Saturday we should be expecting to beat everybody. Whether we will or not is another matter. I may well settle for a point by the end of the game but at the moment I expect all three.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I would take a point to keep us up around the play-offs .... BUT we do seem to play better against teams near the top of the table so wouldn't really be suprised to see another Cardiff

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
No go for win our away record prior to last couple of away games has been decent forest won 6 in a row the bubble will burst i fancy us to win there

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Do not lose at Forest and beat Leicester and we are on our way.

Is my diary wrong as I have us down to play charlton before the Leicester game. Nobody seems to be mentioning that game?. Am gonna checke the seagulls website because I maybe wrong.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is one of football's tired cliches that "any point earned away from home is a good point". It's not much use if it's the last day of the season and you need a win to avoid relegation!

And in some ways we ARE in a relegation battle of sorts, i.e relegation from the play-off spots. Drawing with Forest keeps them above us and eliminates one more game. Form means nothing in this division as yesterday showed, and draws ultimately count for little. Boro have lost 9 (!) more matches than us this season yet are only a handful of points behind us because they're only drawn 3 to our 14.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Yes, Leicester have a really tough run in playing Cardiff, palace and forest so any points against forest will be helpful,

D_B

Mar 18, 2013
Alright guys, read the 'Jamie' thread in your Gold section and would like to congratulate all in involved.

I'm a Forest fan, can't wait for this game, think it will be an absolute belter.

I hope you can all forgive me for being in a confident mood. We've had a crazy season and up untill 8 games ago, thought there was even an outside chance of being dragged into the relegation scrap if McLeish didn't go.

Davies has come in and done exactly what he does best, he's galvansied us. Got everyone together and we're flying. I think this is our most talented squad in years and they're finally proving it.

From my perspective, Brighton are one of the more 'pleasant' sides in the league, I like teams who play keep ball, however, it's so tough to turn the possession into goals and wins when sides know how you work. It's great to see how you've progressed over the last few years and finally got the stadium you deserved. From a neutral perspective it would be nice to see it capped off with Premier League football. (just hopefully not at the expense of us).

Do you have any preconceptions as to what you think Forest will be?

It's always interesting to see how other fans view you, as they often get to see the highlights/media coverage and make generalisations as it's all you get.

I think we'll look to make it very tough for you. We have some very exciting talent who can win games on their own, but against the better sides like yourselves, we become more of a battling side. I used to be something of a purist. Back in 2003 when we had the likes of Dawson, Reid... etc as kids we played some lovely stuff, but we'd get bullied. It was so frustrating to see and I used to hate teams who would make tactical fouls, slow the game when they needed it and dictate the game exactly how they wanted it. I think that killed off some of the 'purist' in me, and now I can completely see the value in it, maybe that's partly what League 1 did to me too. And that is more what we have become, and yes, it feels a little dirty saying this, but it's fun. I'd say we have the spirit, tenacity and combative nature of a side who scraps for every ball as if their Championship status depends on it, yet we now have the ability that allows us to open teams up when we get the space. It's funny how a manager and a couple of months can change things around, although maybe easier that it's someone who knows his way around the club already. But it just feels right.

With regards to your approach to the game. As the home side, we'd obviously like it if you came at us, as most sides come looking for a point (not just at Forest in general, obviously there's a win and home and draw away concept in football) and then that would allow us to do what we do best. I will completely forgive you for coming away from the game annoyed at our style, we'll be a bit dirty, waste time and foul your talented players.

As I said earlier, I hope you can forgive me for confidence at the minute, but 1 draw and then 6 wins on the bounce would get anyone excited. So I think we'll win the game.

But I do think it has the makings of a cracker, and here's hoping we both ensure that Leicester fail to make the top 6 this season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here