Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Barnes [Merge of many threads]

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Defend him because he plays for the club you 'support' and is a bloody good servant. Do you 100% what went on then?

Foul and abusive language. He has not given our club support by getting sent off AGAIN so why should I support him?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Fact one: we only have one recognised striker for the foreseeable future

Fact two: this isn't the first time his temper will have cost us dearly

Fact three: he never appears to learn

Fact four: Gus appears to have given him chance after chance yet he still throws it away

Fact five: He's as thick as a brick

Think that's enough justification for making a reasoned judgement.

You can't argue with those facts.
3 Reds in 15 months is just not acceptable. He's let the club and the fans down AGAIN.
Will be interesting to see if Barnes has a future with us now, considering Sparrow marginalised from playing for the club again with 2 Reds.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Without meaning to rub salt into the wound, if that is his 2nd straight red card of the season, surely his ban will be longer than 3 matches? I'm not sure if his first red card was deserved or not but a 3 match ban would seem a little lenient.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Loving the way some of you turn on an Albion player before you know the facts. True fans - well done

What ? You think maybe the ref is lying and has made it up about Barnes swearing at him.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Confirmed as foul and abusive language at the ref. So, still going to defend him? Is that acceptable or would you say it is the reaction of a someone selfish and petulant?

How about read my posts - not just that 1.

NO ONE will defend his actions today and i immediately said that. Its unacceptable, but to say we should sell a young player who does have potential is just pathetic.

He needs to sort it out - big time.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Bye Bye Barnes

Would like to hear Barnes/Poyet version of events first and whether it leads to a appeal before going off on one

I doubt you can appeal for foul and abusive language to an official no matter how idiotic their decision might have been in the run up.

It's the one rule in the book which doesn't have any subjective bias.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Without meaning to rub salt into the wound, if that is his 2nd straight red card of the season, surely his ban will be longer than 3 matches? I'm not sure if his first red card was deserved or not but a 3 match ban would seem a little lenient.

Correct. 4 matches, assuming it's a 3-match ban for foul and abusive language?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good servant?! :lolol:

What by getting sent off AGAIN and letting down his team-mates, the staff and the fans AGAIN? Yeah, excellent servant.

No being a important part of the league winning team, leading scorer last season and scoring important goals this.

I will not judge him until I know what happened (was it a penalty, will we appeal etc) but carry on with the witch hunt

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ashley Barnes should never, ever play for us again

Fact one: we only have one recognised striker for the foreseeable future

Fact two: this isn't the first time his temper will have cost us dearly

Fact three: he never appears to learn

Fact four: Gus appears to have given him chance after chance yet he still throws it away

Fact five: He's as thick as a brick

Think that's enough justification for making a reasoned judgement.

Tell me EXACTLY why he got sent off then.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Foolish to say the least. Love or loathe him, with only 2 fut strikers getting yourselves sent off at the death for foul and abusive language is downright stupid and has let his team mates down. Injury to ulloa on tuesday and we have problems, let hope gus has some irons in the fire.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
I just think the boy must have shit for brains. He had a chance to be a hero this season. I think it is a four game ban for him. Idiot it could be all over by the time he comes back.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
We are all assuming it was a deserved red, and not just the ref being a c***, bearing in mind he'd been a c*** for the previous 93 minutes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here