Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Dyson Airblade

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I have a fear that the airblade is blowing someone else's stale piss over my hands.

How hygienic are these things?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Same here, but found it works if you move your hands up and down in the airflow. Still can't beat the Excelerator!

Indeed, there's nothing quite like sticking your hands under a jet engine.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm sure we are all now aware of this invention.
Dry your hands in 15 seconds:-

View attachment 39361

Now far be it of me to tell The Dysotron how to run his business, but surely he's missing a gap in the market.

A giant Airblade attached to either side of the bathroom door frame, and post bath or shower your whole body would be dry in 15 secs, 20 if you touch your toes.

Be honest who actually has the time or patience to dry themselves properly, anyway.
All that kerfuffle, time and stress saved simply by slowly walking out the door.
genius. Absolute genius.

edit: I've never seen one of the swimming pool ones either :(

further edit:
I'd go for Dr Christian Jessop, who would lend the advert an air of medical authenticity. I would have said Richard Hammond, but he'd have trouble reaching.
Barry Scott for me :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How about knoblow then, or blowknob.

Wonder who they would get to front the tv advert
Has to be Bradley Wiggins, huge profile at the moment.......they could show him checking out a wet patch at the front of his cycling shorts then getting knocked over by a van outside a petrol station. Then he could scrape himself off the floor and say into the camera.

"If only I'd dried my knob on a knowblow."

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I prefer the low tech cheaper version

pool.jpg

Thread starting somewhat mundanely but quickly reached the "trying not to laugh too loud to wake anyone up crying and ending nearly inducing a hernia through trying to supress hysteria" level.

Meanwhile here is the Daily Mash take on it

We thing licked, humanity tells Dyson

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Such things exist in public swimming baths, the world over. Have you never seen one?

I've never heard of them but i havent been to a public swimming baths since about 1990.

- - - Updated - - -

Such things exist in public swimming baths, the world over. Have you never seen one?

I've never heard of them but i havent been to a public swimming baths since about 1990.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Airblades are the coolest invention that has come out in a long time. Always disapointed when i get a wannabe Airblade such as an Xcelerator to dry my hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here