Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the oddest thing you've seen in real life?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I was walking along today and saw a man trip on a pavement, nothing weird about that; but he went back to examine it, screamed at the heavens and ran off down a busy street and i mean ran!

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Went to an all night party in Brighton about 10 years ago. At about 7am on the way back to the train station we came across this 50 year old bloke wearing a little girls pink coat asking us if we wanted to come along to his fun fair. That was pretty bizarre

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not odd, but i did piss myself:

Taking the missus to work, driving through Wick/Littlehampton and stopping at the traffic lights by Clun Rd (gas work) and saw a school kid open the coat she was holding to put it on. At that second her expensive phone (looked like a Galaxy S3) launched itself out of her coat pocket, bounced twice on the pavement and into the road, into the path of an oncoming car which made short work of it. Cue her runnign manically around trying to salvage the renmants before throwing a massive paddy and running back home.

Unfortunate, but at 8:15 and without caffeine it was worth a hearty chuckle.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Saw a bloke along foundry street walking along with his cock out having a slash as he walked. It was going all over him.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Sat in the barbers waiting for a haircut towards the end of the day and this little old man comes in. Bit scruffy, hair messy, tatty old coat. Without saying a word or acknowledging anyone, he shuffled across to the pile of hair that had been swept up, bends down and slowly starts stuffing in it his coat pockets. Every now and then he'll stop to sniff a clump before he continues. Once satisfied he stood up and shuffled out of the place, muttering to himself.

Apparently that guy went there at the same time every day and did that - it was easier to just let him do it than try and stop him.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I saw a guy walk into a lamp post after a night out and then apologise to it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Amazing the fun you can have with mental illness, eh? Great thread :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sat in the barbers waiting for a haircut towards the end of the day and this little old man comes in. Bit scruffy, hair messy, tatty old coat. Without saying a word or acknowledging anyone, he shuffled across to the pile of hair that had been swept up, bends down and slowly starts stuffing in it his coat pockets. Every now and then he'll stop to sniff a clump before he continues. Once satisfied he stood up and shuffled out of the place, muttering to himself.

Apparently that guy went there at the same time every day and did that - it was easier to just let him do it than try and stop him.

He's probably constructing the mother of all voodoo dolls - you'll know when a load of people locally all suddenly burst into flames or die of an unexpected heart attack

boik

Stopped the car in a layby by "lake" Windermere and saw an EXTREMELY well-dressed (expensive long coat, heels, hat) elderley lady totter down to the waters edge. After looking around in all directions to see who was about, she opened her coat, took out a telescopic fishing rod and started fishing. Most up-market poacher I've ever seen!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I remember hiking across a field near Parkwood with a childhood friend when we noticed a bull coming towards us. My friend said you just had to stare them out so i made my exit, only to watch him get chased round a field and dive over the fence into a nettle bush!

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
This kid on a bus (around 5 years old), ran to the back seats of the bus, while the bus was moving. His/Her mum then reluctantly followed, in the brief moment the bus suddenly braked, with the women getting thrown back and landing right on her face!

I didn't laugh (at first), a few people did. After checking she was alright, I had a quick chuckle. Very surreal, but not the 'oddest' thing I've seen.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A pitch invasion after a football match in Ireland which included the utterly bizarre sight of two grown men (one supporter of each team) essentially sword fighting with umbrellas in the centre circle with various other, shall we say more traditional, battles going on around them.

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
On a stag do in Lithuania in 06 sat in a park with a couple of mates lovely sunny day nice stream etc. A young lady approached said something we couldn't understand she then stripped naked walked into the stream and started to have a very intimate wash very bizarre.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
A pitch invasion after a football match in Ireland which included the utterly bizarre sight of two grown men (one supporter of each team) essentially sword fighting with umbrellas in the centre circle with various other, shall we say more traditional, battles going on around them.

I think that is the funniest thing ive read on NSC :lolol::lolol:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I was working in Victoria Station in London on a stall when the Pride parade came through. We closed up early on police advice because it was going to be busy and we'd clearly realised most people weren't there to buy stuff. Two guys dressed as Ferddie Mercury came running through dressed in tennis gear and batting a ball between each other on tennis rackets with the ball tied to them. One of them said to me in a very camp voice "I hope you're not closing on account of us, we're having SUCH tremendous FUN!". Very funny it was.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Completely naked woman standing at a bus stop on a hot summer Saturday in Brixton in 1996. Section 23 Mental Health Act I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here