Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting aside from Poyet re Bridcutt in the Sunday Times......

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Big boots to fill if he is allowed to leave, he's been consistently excellent. I guess every club at this level needs to balance their books though so I wouldn't be surprised if he does go. Should get a decent fee for him though, £2m minimum at a guess?

If we let Liam go for 2 million we might aswell give up now and resign ourselves to lower league football.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If we let Liam go for 2 million we might aswell give up now and resign ourselves to lower league football.

I don't know why you don't just hang yourself. You never ever have anything positive to say, your life must be awful.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Will be a shame to lose him, but realistically it's better to sell your players (Gus needs a bigger budget!) while they are in top form. Gus has to look at the bigger picture for the overall improvement he can make to the squad with a bigger budget.

The guy is always in top form, name me 2 bad performances on the trot, if at all!

Dec 29, 2011
Would be a great target for Swansea, would fit in well there.

I also think Bridcutt is the type of player who flourishes when he gets a good run of games. His development wouldn't be anywhere near as quick if he hadn't been playing week in, week out for the Albion. Let's hope if he does move he lands on his feet and pushes on towards an England cap.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The thing is that any player that Gus brings in from now on must be good enough to play in the Prem or a current missing link for a squad able to get promoted. We could only consider losing Bridders for a very good price in order to bring in somebody who is Prem quality to replace him. Unless we change our system and and get rid of a deep lying playmaker....which I can't see happening

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Was having this discussion just now and I said I don't think we'll never get promoted as we always let our best players go.

So you think we will get promoted?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I don't know why you don't just hang yourself. You never ever have anything positive to say, your life must be awful.

Luckily for me there is alot more going on in my life than just supporting the Albion, so the opinion of pricks like you does not worry me, toodle pip

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The only player I know who has been trained to play the Bridcutt role is Kasim... Whether he's good enough, or will be after a run in the team, is another matter

Does anyone know if the development squad play's exactly the same system as the first team?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
I'm not saying he's as good as Liam cuz he obviously isn't but I'm pretty sure Hammond would be able to play that role comfortably if he went as he did in a Southampton team that finished 2 nd most of last season ! Liam is in a league of his own though and to get someone of that quality would be very difficult

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not saying he's as good as Liam cuz he obviously isn't but I'm pretty sure Hammond would be able to play that role comfortably if he went as he did in a Southampton team that finished 2 nd most of last season ! Liam is in a league of his own though and to get someone of that quality would be very difficult
That's my thing.
Bridcutt is freakin amazing and our best player, but the gap in class is a lot closer between him & Hammond/Crofts/Dicker, than it is between Koosch & Brez/Casper.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Every player has their price.... That said, Liam seems a decent grounded chap, he knows him and Gus are on the same wavelength and we gave him a chance when he looked destined for Torquay or Wycombe. Maybe, just maybe, he will want to stay on the Gus bus a bit longer, but I imagine his new agent is demanding a pretty hefty pay rise.

It's up to the board to keep him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here