Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many sth didn't attend today?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Another negative thread from the terminally pathetic R of R

I think the Rev makes some good points if loads of STH did not go to the game it shows how good our fan base is and could be. We still had a good attendance and the atmosphere was ok. I can't wait to have our first 30'000 gate. Not all StH can make every game and not just the cost of the ticket it's transport food beers and programmes etc lost time from work and family commitments . So please pat the all fans and the team on the back lets hope we get a good draw in the next round.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
From my East Upper seat, it was astonishing how empty WSU was looking. Enormous patches of unoccupied seats, especially near the back. Even more surprising were the clear gaps in the North, where none were expected.

It's impossible to know how empty your own stand is of course. But looking around, the feeling was that loads of people in the East were first-timers - not at all a bad thing, as it surely demonstrates the breadth of Albion's potential support. This was pretty evident when the response to "We're the North stand, etc..." - especially early on - was bemused silence from the other three sides.

Frankly, it's surprising that the Amex's 'official attendance' magic calculating machine was even able to struggle above the 20k mark.

Last edited:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
What a day yesterday, the atmosphere at the ground was great, lots of loud chants & singing, nobody around me moaning and most people stayed 'til the final whistle to cheer their team on; brilliant, what a result!

There is a small risk that some of the absentees may "wander off" but a really positive outcome would be that amongst them would be the flaky fans who moan incessantly on here and certainly weren't missed yesterday.

It was easily the most enjoyable game of the season and one that will live long in the memory. In fact I can't remember enjoying a Brighton game so much for ages. I reckon I got my money's worth, that's for sure.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I didn't go as I wasn't prepared to stump up £50.00 on a train fair, £28.00 on a ticket, just get there in time for the early kick off and then jump back on the train back down west.
Far easier to watch in on TV and save myself £100.00 with beers etc in the price

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
that's not Really the point though is it i could have paid the money but felt i had better options that day:wink:

I'd had a few pints yesterday when I posted:drink: As other people have said there were £28.00 empty seats in the South & North. I think that sums it up. I hope you enjoyed your day off tho:wink:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was one of those absent from the WSU....

However, I reappeared, with my 2 kids in the family stand. I was able to transfer my normal seat, purchase 2 kids tickets for an extra £11.

Add on £17 for the Seagull Travel coach both ways, it was well worth it.

and the kids loved it :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here