Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Barber

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Amazingly, there were 15 home ties for Championship teams today.

Some of the attendances were real shockers:

21740Brighton v Newcastle
14463 Leicester v Burton
13693 Palace v Stoke
13198 Peterborough v Norwich
12370 Middlesborough v Hastings
12204 Bolton v Sunderland
11740 Derby v Tranmere
11462 Sheffield Wed v MK Dons
11447 Leeds v Birmingham
11293 Nottm Forest v Oldham
8585 Hull v Orient
6657 Charlton v Huddesfield
5364 Millwall v Preston
5091 Barnsley v Burnley
5054 Blackburn v Bristol City

Cracking game, cracking atmosphere, cracking attendance, living the dream, so glad I went.

We had the most attractive fixture in that list by a long long way. Especially considering our clubs recent history and lack of top flight opposition over the years.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Good attendance so soon after Xmas and live on tv.
It was fairly flat first half but great atmosphere for the second, helped by some good vocal support from the geordies

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We had the most attractive fixture in that list by a long long way. Especially considering our clubs recent history and lack of top flight opposition over the years.

Yeah, plus the fact that all the fans of the other 14 teams probably stayed at home watch them on ITV...........oh wait!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good atmosphere in the ground, apart from the Newcastle fan next to me in ESU who unsurprisingly contributed sod all and disappeared the second Hoskins' goal went in.

A friend of mine who watched on TV, having no knowledge of football and having never seen an Albion game in his life before, said it sounded "very loud" with particular reference to the stands song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here