Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Being a fan does not mean you have to sing!
As a passionate member of the East lower I enjoy the singing from all sides and sometimes join in when caught up in the moment but if I wanted Sunday singing I would go to church or join a choir!
The Newcastle fans were very vocal earlier in the game and from where I was sitting which admittedly was fairly close - they outperformed the North stand until the game turned against them! I looked across and most of the NS were standing quietly with arms folded so I am sorry - 'you are not all that'
As for criticising others for not singing (how sad) perhaps you would be far better putting your heads together to find some new material, as we have a reputation for poor singing but maybe the many absentee members from your area were already doing that at another venue - church maybe?

:facepalm:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
As a passionate member of the East lower I enjoy the singing from all sides and sometimes join in when caught up in the moment but if I wanted Sunday singing I would go to church or join a choir!
The Newcastle fans were very vocal earlier in the game and from where I was sitting which admittedly was fairly close - they outperformed the North stand until the game turned against them! I looked across and most of the NS were standing quietly with arms folded so I am sorry - 'you are not all that'
As for criticising others for not singing (how sad) perhaps you would be far better putting your heads together to find some new material, as we have a reputation for poor singing but maybe the many absentee members from your area were already doing that at another venue - church maybe?

Plank :wrong:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

You'll cop a load of stick for this, but you're absolutely right. Nobody has the right to tell you how to support the team. We all pay to go, we can all decide individually how we behave when there. Personally, I go to see a football match. I cheer along and sing songs because I like feeling involved, but if you don't want to sing why should you HAVE to?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
You'll cop a load of stick for this, but you're absolutely right. Nobody has the right to tell you how to support the team. We all pay to go, we can all decide individually how we behave when there. Personally, I go to see a football match. I cheer along and sing songs because I like feeling involved, but if you don't want to sing why should you HAVE to?

I have no problem if you sing or don't. I took exception to the comment 'North Stand not being all that'. I think that is poor coming from a Brighton fan.:albion2:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

No, he really isn't. Football fans sing, football watchers don't. Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with simply watching and not singing, but his/her assertion that "being a fan doesn't mean you have to sing" is plainly wrong as I pointed out earlier.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Well yes, by definition. 'Fan' is short for 'fanatic' and someone who just sits and watches is obviously not being 'fanatic'. There's nothing wrong with it btw, it's just nice for me personally to be in with Brighton 'fanatics' as opposed to sitting with people who are just there to watch football. As I say I was very pleasantly surprised with the East Upper, not sure what it's like for the mundane league games.

I cant even be bother to respond to this...hold on a minute...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No, he really isn't. Football fans sing, football watchers don't. Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with simply watching and not singing, but his/her assertion that "being a fan doesn't mean you have to sing" is plainly wrong as I pointed out earlier.

And who gave you the right to decide that "fans" sing? Fans can do what they want. If you want to drink several pints pre-match and then slump in a seat, you carry on. If you want to have 3 pies per match and not care who knows it, you carry on. If you want to sing the words to GOSBTS then you do, and you can sing with me. If you don't, you don't have to.

I object to someone telling someone else how to support the club. It is all subjective.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

When you looked across to see most in the North Stand with their arms folded did you not realize it was half-time :drink:
Also we couldn't hear a lot from the away end so why would you be able to hear us if you were down that end----just a couple of questions like???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here