Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wi-fi from March

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Superb news; wonder if I can take my laptop and do a cheeky hours' work in the 1901 before games....

(Reading that sentence back that's probably up there with one of the stupidest things I've ever said)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
W00-H00! Even more people sitting next to each other ignoring each other engrossed in their Farcebook pages etc.

I take it you are referring to the Digital Stadium project just e-mailed...?

In which case I'd hold your horses before celebrating 'WiFi at the Amex'. Having just done the survey it seems to be more likely some kind of shared tethering system where those with mobiles on a network with better signal/capacity may help support those on a network that is overloaded.

Either way it is good news that the club and the University are working on a way of adding network capacity to help provide data services in the stadium area, but with 30000 people in a small area once every couple of weeks I doubt any system will be able to provide a service equivalent to WiFi at the Amex. Even a paid for service would probably be patchy if everyone piled on together (e.g. at half time).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just use the 3 network. Problem solved.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I take it you are referring to the Digital Stadium project just e-mailed...?

In which case I'd hold your horses before celebrating 'WiFi at the Amex'. Having just done the survey it seems to be more likely some kind of shared tethering system where those with mobiles on a network with better signal/capacity may help support those on a network that is overloaded.

Either way it is good news that the club and the University are working on a way of adding network capacity to help provide data services in the stadium area, but with 30000 people in a small area once every couple of weeks I doubt any system will be able to provide a service equivalent to WiFi at the Amex. Even a paid for service would probably be patchy if everyone piled on together (e.g. at half time).

Indeed.

Although my link is an American football example, it shows how costly this is to set up and maintain.

Why your smart device can't get wi-fi in the stadium | Ars Technica

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How much is Barber gonna rush us for this then ???

£10 for everyone to share each other's phone networks. And you have to read his pre-match essay and successfully do a quiz on it before you are allowed to connect.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Has anyone who's done the questionairre managed to get question 11 filled up ok. It keeps telling me to submit an answer and when I do it it won't let me post it because it says it hasn't been filled up!

Not a very good start for our digital partners if they can't even get the survey sorted to work!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has anyone who's done the questionairre managed to get question 11 filled up ok. It keeps telling me to submit an answer and when I do it it won't let me post it because it says it hasn't been filled up!

Not a very good start for our digital partners if they can't even get the survey sorted to work!

Works fine for me. Problem between keyboard and chair ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just use the 3 network. Problem solved.

What i did, generally good signal from the back of the North !!

Oh and this is generally for pre-match, half-time and after the match - not actually during it.

Also, for the "project" - why just an Android phone ? Presumably they dont like [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] then and this is Barbers way at getting back at him.

Last edited:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Superb news; wonder if I can take my laptop and do a cheeky hours' work in the 1901 before games....

(Reading that sentence back that's probably up there with one of the stupidest things I've ever said)

I believe they already have wi fi in the 1901 lounges.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here