Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 More Empty Seats for the Rest of the Season. Another Loyal Supporter Lost.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fair point, and I agree it's too much money to replace them but as this is not exactly a secret I keep mine in a separate pocket and never with me on non-match days.

I keep mine in my wallet.

To be honest, there is a far higher chance of you forgetting your tickets, than there is of someone's wallet being stolen (*touch wood). Then you'll be on here crying, because the club made you pay for paper replacements at the ground!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you have Paul McGowans direct line number so as to avoid the ticket office switch board. As regards the actual ticket mine stay in my wallet at all times as I am sure that it does with most people.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Yes £25 is harsh - but as stated earlier the fee is to prevent season ticket holders passing on their cards to an untrustworthy source. If the club relents for everyone that said the cards are lost /stolen - the problem would continue. It is quite clear that ST are non transferable. If I can not make a match I pass on to friends/family. Yes a little harsh given the circumstances but the rules are clear, and ultimately it is your fault that the wallet was lost. It appears to me that you are cutting off your nose to spite your face - if you do want to come pay the £25 and sell the season ticket back to the club. If you do want to come pay the £25 and put it down to experience.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't keep mine in the little plastic thing i call a wallet as it messes with using my oyster card. To Millwall and back from London Bridge cost me about £10 thanks to that and i shall write to Barber in a moment to ask him to have words with London Transport and get this matter sorted.

PS - i hope they show a bit of decency and give you affordable replacement cards without you having to fight your case for too long.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I saw this and was flabbergasted. I have emailed Paul Barber, who always responds promptly in my experience. Will let you know when I get a reply.

Paul, I’ve just seen this on North Stand Chat. I can’t believe that the club would do this in these circumstances. Please tell me this will be sorted! Cheers John

Do you really think one email will just change what is an agreement as part of being a STH ?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
i would write personally to someone senior at the club and i am fairly certain they will respond appropriately. This is still an open and friendly club - just need to let your problem be known to the right person.
good luck!
I agree e-mail Paul Barber and I bet he will sort it out for you and I would suggest you only say sorted or not sorted on this site don't go into full detail ,I would always e-m Paul with issues like this, first remember the club has employees some good as well as a few jobs worth ones. Good luck with job hunting please keep the faith I been watching the Albion since 1964

:angry::thumbsup::xmas::bowdown:

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Just had a phonecall from a friends dad saying he had accidently taken my wallet instead of his 2 days ago and he has only just f***ing realised and phoned and told me. So panic over. Thanks a lot for all of your help guys. Still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Hope the club isn't going the wrong way.

All abuse heading my way accepted.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just had a phonecall from a friends dad saying he had accidently taken my wallet instead of his 2 days ago and he has only just f***ing realised and phoned and told me. So panic over. Thanks a lot for all of your help guys. Still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Hope the club isn't going the wrong way.

Lolz.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Last season at withdean I lost my tickets when I moved and was told on the phone I would have to pay, went and spoke to them to explain the full details as to how and why they were missing and with no charge at all all four paper tickets for the last home games were given to me FOC, talk to the club they aren't monsters but on the phone they follow a "script"

I keep mine in my wallet.

To be honest, there is a far higher chance of you forgetting your tickets, than there is of someone's wallet being stolen (*touch wood). Then you'll be on here crying, because the club made you pay for paper replacements at the ground!

Not when your as anal as I am and have a checklist before leaving the house.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Do you really think one email will just change what is an agreement as part of being a STH ?

I'd think that the club and Paul Barber in this instance would be flexible enough to take each case on its merits, and make the occasional exception - although having just read the message above that's obviously not necessary in this instance. I think we should not simply accept whatever the club decides to tell us/decides to implement as policy and should challenge it if it seems unfair. Doing that in the past, as you well know, is what actually led to us still having a club to support :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

:facepalm:

I bet you never lose them again!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I really would say that if you have your wallet stolen, you must report it to the police.

As far as this stupid £25 charge is concerned, it is just that and something should be done to get it scrapped in the event of proven theft when a police reference number is supplied. No one CHOOSES to have their season tickets stolen and considering it costs around £2 to produce a smart card of ANY type, that means that the club are making a profit of 1250% profit for the club...it's disgusting that the club are penalising someone who has been the victim of a crime. Even insurance companies aren't THAT mercenary!

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Again, thanks for all your help. So releived. Still leaves a really sour taste in the mouth and things like this make me consider the money I spend on the club. £25 is a joke.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We all know why the charge is there - to discourage the selling on of tickets. its not designed for your situation. Speak to the ticket office manager, nicely.

This, the muppets who man the ticket office desks are jobsworths, email the ticket office and the manager will sort it out quickly and easily as he did me just before christmas - I don't know why emailing is more successful that face to face, in any other business it is the other way around

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here