Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Milliband..... I do believe he's got it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very good speech so far, talking a lot of sense. Particularly his references to this country splitting in to the haves and have nots with little hope.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've got more and more impressed with Ed and he's grown into the job. He'll make an excellent PM - assuming the Tories haven't totally destroyed the country by the time they're booted out.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Very good speech so far, talking a lot of sense. Particularly his references to this country splitting in to the haves and have nots with little hope.

Yep - That's the key theme and he's right, much as he wants to move on from New Labour, we can't (much as I wish we could) go back to old Labour. Principled but unelectable, those times have gone.....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Has he said where the money is coming from yet?

Probably, from where it seems to be going at the moment, Banks and out of the country.

Probably, from where it seems to be going at the moment, Banks and out of the country.

Not sure what you mean by this tbh. Banks (and financial institutions) and their support industries employ hundreds of thousands of people in this country. How is that draining government spending?

As for "abroad", do you mean on the pointless wars that the last labour government committed us to? Or just the huge foreign aid budget they laid out?

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't believe a word this man says. Sorry but Labour running this country will be no different to what we currently have, I should think it will be a lot worse.
Lets not forget a certain Mr Blair now earns millions of pounds of year doing consultancy work. They are all a bunch of hypocrites.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I hazard a guess that most comments on this thread (up until about 6.30pm) will be pro-Ed.

And then, when the workers come home, the balance might shift

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I hazard a guess that most comments on this thread (up until about 6.30pm) will be pro-Ed.

And then, when the workers come home, the balance might shift

Not one to generalise are you?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure what you mean by this tbh. Banks (and financial institutions) and their support industries employ hundreds of thousands of people in this country. How is that draining government spending?

As for "abroad", do you mean on the pointless wars that the last labour government committed us to? Or just the huge foreign aid budget they laid out?

wow ! deep thinking there ! ... too deep I'm afraid. I mean getting the banks to start lending at reasonable rates and trying to stop the money draining out of the country in tax avoidance.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Given that the last labour government left the country on the verge of bankruptcy and that the 2 Ed's were Gordons advisers in financial matters please NO!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I really cant beleive anyone listens to this shite anymore they are all the same great speeches, same old same old when in power.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here