Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 2 finish!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Only post here if you think we can do it-

Doors open.......feel free to walk in whenever

No entry fee required just the occasional slice of humble pie required to be eaten.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I do think we can do it IF Dobbie and Lopez perform well, which it sounds like they can

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We should be expecting top 2 with the players we have now. :clap:

We have Premier League talent throughout the squad, we have players who have proven their worth and their ability.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The time for caution is over,this is a make or break season(well it's not but Gus won't hang around forever),with a strong wind behind us,great crowds,the correct team spirit and players staying in form and fit-this will be our year,i have a really good felling about this season,a very good feeling.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Nothing like two good results against very average sides to push people's expectations a little too high

We are far from the finished article and yet to be tested against a top side so a top 2 prediction is a little over confident at this stage. I hope you are correct and we do finish in the top 2 but I would say a finish between 4th-8th is slightly more realistic.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is this a "will finish top two" thread or "can finish top two" thread?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Nothing like two good results against very average sides to push people's expectations a little too high

We are far from the finished article and yet to be tested against a top side so a top 2 prediction is a little over confident at this stage. I hope you are correct and we do finish in the top 2 but I would say a finish between 4th-8th is slightly more realistic.

Agreed, there are some very strong teams in this division and I would like to see how we get on against a few more away from home before getting too confident. Having said that,the new signings have really strengthened the squad so eeets possible :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As mentioned above, in the last couple of seasons (even when we battered League One) we struggled against the strongest sides, so we need to be clinical against the worst 10/12 teams and get as many points from them as possible.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
As mentioned above, in the last couple of seasons (even when we battered League One) we struggled against the strongest sides, so we need to be clinical against the worst 10/12 teams and get as many points from them as possible.

Beat the dross, draw with the best away and beat them at home = Champions (again). :clap:

Also, Charlton were second when we whomped them 4-0, as Peterborough were second (I think) when we dismantled them on Blue and White day, their cup final! Unlucky not to beat Southampton at St Mary's too, if only we could take penalties. But your point does stand, we lost a few away games 1-0 against the better teams. And Sheffield Wednesday.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This is no time for complacency or for that matter shyness in coming forward Brighton-this is our time,we shall bang the drum for the rallying cry,the cry for the all out assault on the Top Flight..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Beat the dross, draw with the best away and beat them at home = Champions (again). :clap:

Also, Charlton were second when we whomped them 4-0, as Peterborough were second (I think) when we dismantled them on Blue and White day, their cup final! Unlucky not to beat Southampton at St Mary's too, if only we could take penalties. But your point does stand, we lost a few away games 1-0 against the better teams. And Sheffield Wednesday.

I think we are getting to a place (providing we continue to play the same way away from home) where we can take near maximum points from the "dross" in this division.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think we are getting to a place (providing we continue to play the same way away from home) where we can take near maximum points from the "dross" in this division.

I deffinitely agree with that. At home we're more than a match for any team, however they choose to play. Away from home we needed to work on, and I think we needed new players. So we've signed some. We've improved the goalkeeper, the full backs, the centre of midfield and the wings and even got a Elf for CMS to play with in attack, when required. The only thing I can see stopping us now is if Gus can't get the rotation right, or if the players don't buy into how we play, with the element of control and posession. I really don't see that as being a problem though, not even a potential problem. We've signed players at an age where they have enough experience and football intelligence to understand what Gus wants and even better, he's got almost two weeks to drill into them how we play and what they need to do. It's going to be a very exciting season from here on in.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you are giving us too much leeway.

We should have the division wrapped up by March.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here