Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Team CMS - and proud of it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Does he? I'm looking at something very different from you. Clearly offside.

Can't really tell from the video as it doesn't show the whole back line, there is at least 1 defender (the one who is marking Baldock in the centre) who is out of shot. You'd need a wider shot of the pass to see if he was offside or not for certain. Although playing it through I do think he was marginally off.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The Leeds fans we spoke to after the game could not speak highly enough of CMS saying they would love to sign him.
He gives them more trouble than any forward every season they reckon.

He does seem to save good performances for them.

They should know. They watch a darn sight more football than a lot of the posters on here. Most of them are away season ticket holders and go to the vast majority of Leeds games.
CMS is one of those players ( like Barnes ) who clearly divide opinion amongst our fans. Leeds fans are not the only ones who rate CMS highly and I think you will find that he is held in pretty high esteem by many within the game. Those in football love energy and the type of player who is a ' disruptive ' influence on the field. CMS fits this bill. He works the back four to death, never allowing them a moments peace. He scurries around looking for the slightest mistake. He unsettles opponents, something that a lot of BHA fans fail to recognise. They pick up on his first touch, which is a bit clumsy at times. They moan about his lack of goals but fail to analyse his strengths and question if he has been used properly. They ignore the injuries he has had and which, in some seasons have prevented him from reaching 20 goals. They ignore some of the blindingly good goals he has scored at BHA, when his confidence has been high and concentrate on some of his disappointing misses.
My work enables me to talk to a number of contacts within football. Experienced, knowledgeable people. Seen it, done it, got the teashirt types. As yet, I have not heard a negative comment re CMS.
IMHO he offers us something different and we should value that. We see too many ' samey ' types, too predictable, too readable. I like CMS for his unpredictability. One minute brilliant, next minute frustrating and ordinary. And its those flashes of brilliance that can make the difference. A stunning overhead kick followed by a stumble.
CMS will never let you down. He may frustrate you but you will never fault his workrate and commitment and last night he absolutely ran Leeds ragged, giving Tex and Kayal the freedom behind.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Someone said the first goal was offside. I didn't think so and video proves it wasn't.

I think most people will probably consider that the video proves he was, at the time the ball was played through, just offside. He did check his run to be back onside but that is prior to the still you posted, not after.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think most people will probably consider that the video proves he was, at the time the ball was played through, just offside. He did check his run to be back onside but that is prior to the still you posted, not after.

Linesman should know. We were both in line on the opposite side of the pitch. I reckoned level. We could not see CMS properly form our side because a defender blocked the line of sight so I was confident he was onside.

I originally posted before I saw the still.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Linesman should know. We were both in line on the opposite side of the pitch. I reckoned level. We could not see CMS properly form our side because a defender blocked the line of sight so I was confident he was onside.

I originally posted before I saw the still.

Linesmen make mistakes. When it happened we felt he was just off (we're in line up in the WSU) but it doesn't matter if the lino doesn't see it!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Linesmen make mistakes. When it happened we felt he was just off (we're in line up in the WSU) but it doesn't matter if the lino doesn't see it!

He didn't miss the other offsides. And how could he miss it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The video shows this still shot to be misleading. Macca runs back into an onside position when the ball is kicked.

This is the closest frame I could grab to Calde kicking the ball, you can see his right foot coming down to kick the ball (a frame later and the ball is past the defender closing Calde down). In this frame CMS has already made his run back onside and is running forwards again. Not sure what is misleading about it other than the possibility the right back is out of shot playing him on?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He didn't miss the other offsides. And how could he miss it?

Are you saying that the still is wrong? Macca is offside in relation to all the players visible. The linesman missed it, possible because he had seen Macca run back on side and was at that moment, seemingly looking at Calde.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can we not pick over a fantastic match, the like of which we haven't seen for 2 years, just to imaginary 'points'.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
They should know. They watch a darn sight more football than a lot of the posters on here. Most of them are away season ticket holders and go to the vast majority of Leeds games.
CMS is one of those players ( like Barnes ) who clearly divide opinion amongst our fans. Leeds fans are not the only ones who rate CMS highly and I think you will find that he is held in pretty high esteem by many within the game. Those in football love energy and the type of player who is a ' disruptive ' influence on the field. CMS fits this bill. He works the back four to death, never allowing them a moments peace. He scurries around looking for the slightest mistake. He unsettles opponents, something that a lot of BHA fans fail to recognise. They pick up on his first touch, which is a bit clumsy at times. They moan about his lack of goals but fail to analyse his strengths and question if he has been used properly. They ignore the injuries he has had and which, in some seasons have prevented him from reaching 20 goals. They ignore some of the blindingly good goals he has scored at BHA, when his confidence has been high and concentrate on some of his disappointing misses.
My work enables me to talk to a number of contacts within football. Experienced, knowledgeable people. Seen it, done it, got the teashirt types. As yet, I have not heard a negative comment re CMS.
IMHO he offers us something different and we should value that. We see too many ' samey ' types, too predictable, too readable. I like CMS for his unpredictability. One minute brilliant, next minute frustrating and ordinary. And its those flashes of brilliance that can make the difference. A stunning overhead kick followed by a stumble.
CMS will never let you down. He may frustrate you but you will never fault his workrate and commitment and last night he absolutely ran Leeds ragged, giving Tex and Kayal the freedom behind.

Good post, very good points, i always enjoy your Albion related posts.

Very much enjoyed watching CMS giving Leeds the run around, can't fault his commitment.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
That particular linesman would'nt or could'nt keep up with the game the occasion when the Leeds forward broke through and looked at least 4-5 yards off side he was way behind the play and it could have cost us big time.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Just **** off you ****ing loser. Are you some sort of moron. Clearly you are, id be embarressed if I were you.

Out of interest where do you sit?

As you ve been rude to me where I sit is none of your business! And whats that got to do with the fact that cms is goal ratio is 1in 4.5 games great strike rate there! lets keep him on for another 3 to4 seasons on probably one of the highest salary s at the club.think he might have 40 goals in 180apps if you think thats good going your easily pleased.But for me thats not good enough

C.M.S is a great pro and everyone can see that.But he s just not cut it s plain for all to see.Except you!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Bounced in preparation for tomorrow, and a tearful farewell to our favourite labrador puppy.

I will ALWAYS be Team CMS.

*sniff*

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'll stand up and applaud the man as loud as I have for any player this season. He has always given his all. The whole ground will I suspect......... A proper farewell would be nice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Effort cannot be faulted, he deserves s good send off. Guaranteed to score against us when we next meet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here