Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brigton Micropub - latest

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My thread about Micropubs generated some interest and myself, [MENTION=15906]Colossal Squid[/MENTION] , [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] are meeting up on Wednesday 20th June at 8pm at The West Hill, Brighton, to discuss ideas for starting one.

If anyone else is interested please come along.

Here is the original thread which started everything

A local pub for local people: Drink - The Independent

Hope to see you.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
My thread about Micropubs generated some interest and myself, [MENTION=15906]Colossal Squid[/MENTION] , [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] are meeting up on Wednesday 20th June at 8pm at The West Hill, Brighton, to discuss ideas for starting one.

Hope to see you.

I read this article a few weeks back and thought it was a brilliant concept. Best of luck with it, seems to be a lot of empy properties given the economy that would make a perfect drinking hole

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I read this article a few weeks back and thought it was a brilliant concept. Best of luck with it, seems to be a lot of empy properties given the economy that would make a perfect drinking hole

Thank you.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Hope to see you.

Brilliant idea and I am interested. Any idea what sort of figures you are considering that potential investors need to put in? I want to get an idea as to whether this is in my ball park or not?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I also read that thread with interest and I really like the idea but living in Eastbourne I'm too far away to get involved as I wouldn't be able to put the time in that it would need. However I wish you well and really hope you can make a go of it; given the costs involved, it's not going to bring ruination if it goes tits up.
I'm seriously considering something similar in the future, when some of my investments mature.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brilliant idea and I am interested. Any idea what sort of figures you are considering that potential investors need to put in? I want to get an idea as to whether this is in my ball park or not?

No idea at the moment. Wednesday will be the first time any of us will have discussed anything beyond the common desire to start something. We will, quite literally, start Wednesday with a blank piece of paper. Come along.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No idea at the moment. Wednesday will be the first time any of us will have discussed anything beyond the common desire to start something. We will, quite literally, start Wednesday with a blank piece of paper. Come along.

Will do. I have a little nest of savings and cannot think of any better way to invest than in a micropub :)

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
I missed the original thread but find the idea quite intriguing and would definitely be interested in finding out more. Annoyingly, I’ve got a meeting in London next Wednesday afternoon so I’m not sure I’d be back by 8pm – it would probably be closer to 9pm. Anyway, if I can get back at a reasonable hour I’d definitely like to come along.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Sounds like a great idea. As the article says - "It's the way pubs used to be, but sadly it's not the way they are nowadays". Talking to strangers!

Godd luck, and keep us posted!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here is a link to the website of the pub which started this concept. Welcome - The Butcher's Arms

Very interesting and he also seems keen to help others start up.

Dec 29, 2011
I read the original article a few weeks back, but didn't it say it was only big enough to hold 6 customers at once?

Either way i'll be watching with interested, keep us updated.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I read the original article a few weeks back, but didn't it say it was only big enough to hold 6 customers at once?

Yes, 3 tables of two. There's standing room too. It's a nice little boozer, if a little odd!

I know a microbrewer who will soon be looking for a micropub for his beer, so I'll keep a lookout for developments of this meeting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The website says 15, and in the 360 photo there are about 15 people in it.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yes, 3 tables of two. There's standing room too. It's a nice little boozer, if a little odd!

I know a microbrewer who will soon be looking for a micropub for his beer, so I'll keep a lookout for developments of this meeting.

The website says 15, and in the 360 photo there are about 15 people in it.

Really? My memory is shot to peices :)
Interesting place though. The toilets are at the other end of the cellar through the old Butchers plastic curtain and their collective hatred for all things Shepherd Naeme is commendable!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Guys, here's where I am on this.

I love the enthusiasm you are showing and the belief in your product but I just don't feel that I can add anything to the business.

I don't want to spend my children's inheritance on this and for that reason, I'm Out.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I have no money, but i would have loved to get in on this! It seems such a good idea!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

Hope to see you.

erm and me!!!!!! I'm devastated you forgot about me :(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
erm and me!!!!!! I'm devastated you forgot about me :(

We did PM you. Have you checked your mail over the past week? You're copied into 6 PMs but we got not reply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here