NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This thread rather died a death.

This will be rectified when Cesar Chavez meets Herr Tubthumper for the First NSC International Craft Summit on Monday. This thread will be buzzing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And we're off. First stop was our very own Norm's gastro pub in West Village and I took in a Thirsty Dog IPA from the cask. A classic Citra IPA, great but these days a Citra needs to be brilliant to impress me. Then a Keg Bronx Brewery IPA which was again was classic IPA but I loved the long bitter after taste. Then Spotted Pig house bitter which was nothing to write home about. The food was great though. Moved onto Blind Tiger Ale House and am enjoying a nice red ale.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheese board with Smuttynose IPA and Porter.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
And we're off. First stop was our very own Norm's gastro pub in West Village and I took in a Thirsty Dog IPA from the cask. A classic Citra IPA, great but these days a Citra needs to be brilliant to impress me. Then a Keg Bronx Brewery IPA which was again was classic IPA but I loved the long bitter after taste. Then Spotted Pig house bitter which was nothing to write home about. The food was great though. Moved onto Blind Tiger Ale House and am enjoying a nice red ale.

I went to the Spotted Pig and Blind Tiger last year both good places, especially Blind Tiger remember being in there for hours and hours and feeling ridiculously pissed as every beer was in excess of 5.5% got a second wind from somewhere as did my mate after he puked in their toilets.

I might be going back between the 27-30 Nov with 3 mates so I'll be sure to stop of there again, also noticed DFA 1979 and George Clinton are playing the Friday night so might try and get a gig in too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went to the Spotted Pig and Blind Tiger last year both good places, especially Blind Tiger remember being in there for hours and hours and feeling ridiculously pissed as every beer was in excess of 5.5% got a second wind from somewhere as did my mate after he puked in their toilets.

I might be going back between the 27-30 Nov with 3 mates so I'll be sure to stop of there again, also noticed DFA 1979 and George Clinton are playing the Friday night so might try and get a gig in too.

Wow.George Clinton in NY, with lunch at The Spotted Pig and a few beers at Blind Tiger. what a day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whew. I was out with my old friend Cesar Chavez last night and took in a number of hostelries and sampled numerous crafts and highlights included Harpoon IPA and a Lagunitas IPA. Also had an interesting Southern Tier Pumpkin ale. Highlight of the night was definitely Fette Sau though http://www.fettesaubbq.com. This is a craft beer and BBQ shack in Williamsburg in a converted former mechanics garage. The space and decor reminded me of Bills in Brighton. It sits I'm deepest darkest hipsterville and ticks all the hipster boxes: craft, BBQ, beer served in jam jars, references to its former use etc and the food was fantastic. Had a huge platter and a Coney Island Mermaid Pils.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
First of the craft beer celebration beers?
Just turned up in NYC

Attachments

• Sierra Nevada.jpg
    Sierra Nevada.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 95

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am going to have a Triple Karmaliet and a Valium tonight.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Off to the West Coast tomorrow for a few days with work. 1 night in San Francisco, 5 nights in San Jose. Hoping to get to some proper little craft breweries if I get some spare time. I've heard we've got a cracker next to our hotel in San Jose!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Off to the West Coast tomorrow for a few days with work. 1 night in San Francisco, 5 nights in San Jose. Hoping to get to some proper little craft breweries if I get some spare time. I've heard we've got a cracker next to our hotel in San Jose!

" if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any xxxxxxg Merlot !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
" if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any xxxxxxg Merlot !

You could have substituted Harvey's in that script veg and it still would have worked......... But I love that film.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am going to have a Triple Karmaliet and a Valium tonight.

only the one ? have a couple myself set aside against just such a rainy day, plus a couple of Maredsous Tripels and a 6 pack of Afligem Tripels. Had a runner out in Belgium last week and I think I have a half crate of Straffe Hendrik on the way too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
only the one ? have a couple myself set aside against just such a rainy day, plus a couple of Maredsous Tripels and a 6 pack of Afligem Tripels. Had a runner out in Belgium last week and I think I have a half crate of Straffe Hendrik on the way too.

Bought 6 Affligems in the last order. Changed to a La Chouffe before my Karmaliet.

Note your chilli plant in the background.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 231

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm noting the gravitational anomaly too........that La Chouffe looks a bit sticky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here