Assulian 0 (Lualua 0)
Dicker 0
Brids 0
Barnes 0 (Cms 0)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
01 Brezovan 4 (probably at fault for the first goal)
03 Greer 6 (not really his fault)
06 El-Abd 4 (lack of height was a problem)
14 Calderon 7 (the quality of crosses made life too awkward for him: I can't see he did anything wrong)
22 Painter 5 (exposed by through balls)
08 Navarro 5 (against superior players)
15 Vicente 7 (marked heavily but still looked a threat)
18 Dicker 5 (not up to standard in this game)
26 Bridcutt 6 (not lost, but not influential)
09 Barnes 4 (was he on the pitch?)
13 Assulin 7 (made a surprise impact, very slight)

Kazenga 5 (West Ham defenders crowded him out)
Macca 5 (game was already lost)
Noone 5 (games was already lost, but a few good touches)

I don't think Buckley would have done any better. Dunk might have done.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
i'm finding it hard to see how people scored greer so highly today - his passing is good and he reads the game well.......so much so that when he fears that the opposing forward (Cole, Roberts, Lambert) is going to get the better of him he stays miles away and leaves El Abd to mark him (with a height difference of over 6 inches). His leadership was poor today dishing out bollockings after the event and was nowhere to be seen as the goals continued to flow. Watch him next match, every corner for or against he justs blocks and leans into the forward and never actually makes a challenge to win a header.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
from what I saw on the live stream

Brez 4
painter 2
Calderon 4
Greer 5
El abd 3
Dicker 2
Navs 2
Asulian 6
Bridcott 4
Barnes 5
Vicente 7

Just got back......pretty fair markings there.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Embarrassing performance. Gus must be off his head. How could he ever have picked that starting line-up? My confidence in him is sapping rapidly.

Brez 4. From what I saw the fist goal went right thru his arms. Awful goal-keeping. But he did make a couple of good saves later in the half. No idea whether he was at fault for any of the 2nd half goals.
Calderon 4. Not as bad as some of his team-mates.
Greer 6. Best of the defenders.
ElAbd 4. Poor game.
Painter 2. Terrible defending lead directly to 3rd goal. Did nothing worthwhile. Reyes did all right last game so why the hell did Gus suddenly decide to bring Painer back. Weird ... and wrong.
Navarro 4.
Bridcutt 4
Dicker 3. Very poor game.
Vicente 6. Only player to come away with any credit. He will not want to hang around at Brighton with the bunch of clowns he has to play with.
Assulin 5. Second best of the Albion players, but too lightweight.
Barnes 3. Awful.

Subs:
CMS 2. Did nothing
KLL 3. Was not given the ball.
Noone 3. Tried a couple of things, but overall poor.

Manager 1. Truly bizarre line-up. Wrong subs. Bad, bad, bad.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Embarrassing performance. Gus must be off his head. How could he ever have picked that starting line-up? My confidence in him is sapping rapidly.

Brez 4. From what I saw the fist goal went right thru his arms. Awful goal-keeping. But he did make a couple of good saves later in the half. No idea whether he was at fault for any of the 2nd half goals.
Calderon 4. Not as bad as some of his team-mates.
Greer 6. Best of the defenders.
ElAbd 4. Poor game.
Painter 2. Terrible defending lead directly to 3rd goal. Did nothing worthwhile. Reyes did all right last game so why the hell did Gus suddenly decide to bring Painer back. Weird ... and wrong.
Navarro 4.
Bridcutt 4
Dicker 3. Very poor game.
Vicente 6. Only player to come away with any credit. He will not want to hang around at Brighton with the bunch of clowns he has to play with.
Assulin 5. Second best of the Albion players, but too lightweight.
Barnes 3. Awful.

Subs:
CMS 2. Did nothing
KLL 3. Was not given the ball.
Noone 3. Tried a couple of things, but overall poor.

Manager 1. Truly bizarre line-up. Wrong subs. Bad, bad, bad.

And this was the squad that until very recently was 4th in the table. A few results go against us and everyone is suddenly shit. Have you never had an off day?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brez - 4 - 1st goal, oh dear..
Calderon 4 - can't defend...
Painter - 3 - at fault for 3rd and the clearance that led to the scissor kick. Out of his depth.
Greer - 4 - worst performance in a Brighton shirt. Didn't get off ground on 2nd.
El Abd - 5 - won nothing, but did not defend as badly as the others.
Navarro - 3 - been great lately, but was outmuscled today and passing was awful.
Bridcutt - 4 - uninspiring, had no help around him.
Dicker - 5 - at times was actually one of the better ones. Kept trying until the end.
Vicente - 6 - wanted the ball, but was at fault along w Brez for first.
Assulin - 5.5 - looked ok w the ball, but too lightweight against a physical team.
Barnes - 5 - no service, but linked well with others.

CMS - 3 - Pointless. Not as good as Barnes, but must've been difficult to get in the game in fairness.
KLL - 5 - kept the ball better than some of the others.
Noone - 4 - little impact.

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
i'm finding it hard to see how people scored greer so highly today - his passing is good and he reads the game well.......so much so that when he fears that the opposing forward (Cole, Roberts, Lambert) is going to get the better of him he stays miles away and leaves El Abd to mark him (with a height difference of over 6 inches). His leadership was poor today dishing out bollockings after the event and was nowhere to be seen as the goals continued to flow. Watch him next match, every corner for or against he justs blocks and leans into the forward and never actually makes a challenge to win a header.

And this is why Dunk should be in the team either with GG or AeA ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Dicker & Painter ratings are interesting & predictable.
Will never be Championship promotion contenders class, but Gus has his favourites.

Then it is time he stopped playing his favourites. Dicker was dreadful before his injury and nothing has changed. Painter was awful and should never have been in today's side. Why on earth did he change the side so drastically after Tuesday's performance? One thing is for certain- we need 2 strikers who get some service. Still gutted after that shit performance

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I believe these marks are based on today's performance

Not having a go at the poster, but when we come up against Premier league class players, who on the day are on fire, like Liverpool in the F A Cup and West Ham today, our weaknesses are exposed. Some of our squad are, in all honesty, league 1 players who, to their credit, have over achieved for most of the season. It is this that should be recognised rather than slaughtering them for one abject display.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26

Hallelujah,at last someone has the bollox to voice Greer's weakness,been saying all season that he cannot defend corners/crosses with his head,weak in the tackle,knock kneed(no pace)and loves moaning at the rest of the team for his shortcomings,thanks timbha for your ability to see what the majority of others can't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hallelujah,at last someone has the bollox to voice Greer's weakness,been saying all season that he cannot defend corners/crosses with his head,weak in the tackle,knock kneed(no pace)and loves moaning at the rest of the team for his shortcomings,thanks timbha for your ability to see what the majority of others can't.

I agree and have been astounded that so many were saying that he was their choice for Player of the Season.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Sorry I thought I had a point to make about Dicker then it just fizzled out (heavy night last night) so I just ended up stating the obvious....

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm not going to join the disgusting slating of our players on here - the very players who have got us to play off contention.

I will say that we need a response on Tuesday at that means two strikers and two wingers. Go for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here