Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non commuters - most annoying thing

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Gatwick Airport! Why do you [figuratively, obvious alll NSCers are too clever to make this mistake] stand directly in front of the door waiting to get on? If you don't move, I can't get off and give you the space to get on!

Following on from this, when I was a young lad (35 to 40 years ago) I am sure I remember that, as a whole, queueing was normal and mostly adhered to in every day society.
I have been commuting for about 16 months now and still to this very day I can be right in front of the doors but find myself quickly barged out from the sides by people desperate to get on the train or tube.
When did we, as a nation, give up on the whole queueing thing?

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Gatwick Airport! Why do you [figuratively, obvious alll NSCers are too clever to make this mistake] stand directly in front of the door waiting to get on? If you don't move, I can't get off and give you the space to get on!

Trains that have the button in the middle of the door don't help, but they all have glass windows so you can see if there's someone waiting to get off, are you really so stupid as to not realise its you who has to move?!

Much as I think this is common sense, almost all stations in London (over- and under- ground) make announcements about standing clear of the doors and yet at Gatwick they don't.

This reminds me. People that get off the train at Gatwick with their luggage and wait right in front of the stairs or escalators in big groups deciding where they're going next. Move the f*** along people, I have a train to catch. I'll happily walk through them and their luggage if they don't move when they see me coming.

And I'm with you on queuing. We, as a nation, pride ourselves on our polite manners (well, most of us do). Yet these people that try to barge on the train before people have alighted really annoy me. Stand to the side and queue up like good boys and girls and let me get off, please.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
As a fellow commuter, I completely understand all your frustrations! In fact, a little whle ago I decided to start a blog - it's been quite theraputic if I'm honest!

http://paulstenning.blog.co.uk

Hah - I recognise many of those sentiments. I notice you only work half-days though - leaving HH at 8:04 ? that's half way through the morning. My train passes through HH at 7 - we do stop there for 10 mns to admire the view though (or get 4 more coaches added, I think it's called officially).

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Following on from this, when I was a young lad (35 to 40 years ago) I am sure I remember that, as a whole, queueing was normal and mostly adhered to in every day society.
I have been commuting for about 16 months now and still to this very day I can be right in front of the doors but find myself quickly barged out from the sides by people desperate to get on the train or tube.
When did we, as a nation, give up on the whole queueing thing?

Its just not the culture in most of the rest of the world, we were always uniquely good at it. London and Gatwick seem so dominated by tourists and other non-Brits that I think its gone completely. Elsewhere I think the pushers-in are in a minority.

I always seem to be in a rush so I work to whatever system moves things the quickest, if fighting with you is going to slow us both down, I'll step aside, whoever was there first, but if you're going to daudle, I'll nip in/past/around and get out of your way as quick as I can.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
When "commuting" to Falmer.
Move down the bloody aisle people! Don't you think that 99.5% of the people on this train are going to the same station as you, so you won't get left stranded on it and miss your stop?
Don't block the bloody doorway when there is plenty of room in the aisle or in 1st class. The guard will NOT walk down the train and check that you have a 1st class ticket! In fact, probably 90% of the people on the train won't have paid for 2nd class let alone 1st!
:rant:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hah - I recognise many of those sentiments. I notice you only work half-days though - leaving HH at 8:04 ? that's half way through the morning. My train passes through HH at 7 - we do stop there for 10 mns to admire the view though (or get 4 more coaches added, I think it's called officially).

If you go from Shoreham you must get the same train as I get when I'm in London (split my time between there, Surrey and working from home)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would add sitting on the seat near the aisle leaving the empty seat next to the window, hoping that no-one will ask you to get up. But if you're a regular commuter and get 'hugely pissed off' by this kind of stuff, you're not going to be long for this world.

This. I f***ing HATE that. I wish I could physically PUNCH people in the FACE
who do this. Just sit by the f***ing window or stand waiting until someone else does.

Also a shout out to the ***** who when getting on a busy train stand there, take coat off, hang it up, take rucksack off (another pet PET hate, are you f***ing going on holiday or hiking? No you say? You ****), put rucksack on the table, take out ipad/laptop and book. Put bag in overhead storage. Then sit down.

PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO GET PAST YOU UTTER UTTER MORON. f***ing SIT down and then when EVERYONE is sat down THEN and ONLYTHEN get your oh so important "toys" out.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When "commuting" to Falmer.
Move down the bloody aisle people! Don't you think that 99.5% of the people on this train are going to the same station as you, so you won't get left stranded on it and miss your stop?
Don't block the bloody doorway when there is plenty of room in the aisle or in 1st class. The guard will NOT walk down the train and check that you have a 1st class ticket! In fact, probably 90% of the people on the train won't have paid for 2nd class let alone 1st!
:rant:

Oh and this. Thats REALLY fucks me off as well.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There are actually two very good reasons why people do this:

(a) They have a laptop in the rack above and want to make sure it's not getting stolen
(b) They want some legroom so can swing their legs into the aisle.

Dont CARE its f***ing INCONSIDERATE.

I wish I could take a CHAINSAW and saw their f***ing legs off.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dont CARE its f***ing INCONSIDERATE.

I wish I could take a CHAINSAW and saw their f***ing legs off.

so much anger marcus

I used to really hate people on the lap top tapping away incessantly whilst you are trying to sleep!!!...and when the tables are smaller at the isle end, taking up all the space on teh table with the bloody thing...I snapped one nigyht asked this twat if he could move his lap top as I couldnt fit my book on the table...he told me to f*** off...so I was very naughty as I had picked up my friends warrant card he had left in my office and i was keeping it for him.....I flashed it at him and said.." I will ignore that comment SIR, but I suggest you move that lap top now" Bit naughty really but he mumbled an apology and closed his lap top and feigned sleep till he got off at Haywards Heath.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Also a shout out to the ***** who when getting on a busy train stand there, take coat off, hang it up, take rucksack off (another pet PET hate, are you f***ing going on holiday or hiking? No you say? You ****), put rucksack on the table, take out ipad/laptop and book. Put bag in overhead storage. Then sit down.

PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO GET PAST YOU UTTER UTTER MORON. f***ing SIT down and then when EVERYONE is sat down THEN and ONLYTHEN get your oh so important "toys" out.
:lol: this to the power of 1 million :lol: i hate it when this happens as you can see people who have entered by the other door rapidly taking all the available seats, and when you say " excuse me" to get past and get the " wont be a moment" reply !! JUST GET OUT OF MY WAY SO I CAN GET A SEAT YOU ABSOLUTE CVNT!!!!

D

Deleted member 18477

so much anger marcus

I used to really hate people on the lap top tapping away incessantly whilst you are trying to sleep!!!...and when the tables are smaller at the isle end, taking up all the space on teh table with the bloody thing...I snapped one nigyht asked this twat if he could move his lap top as I couldnt fit my book on the table...he told me to f*** off...so I was very naughty as I had picked up my friends warrant card he had left in my office and i was keeping it for him.....I flashed it at him and said.." I will ignore that comment SIR, but I suggest you move that lap top now" Bit naughty really but he mumbled an apology and closed his lap top and feigned sleep till he got off at Haywards Heath.

Haha amazing. What a rude prick.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
embarrasingly, one morning, I was learning a piece from Mozart's requiem...I had the ipod and headphones and used to sing along in my head to the music whilst having the relevant sheet music opened and following along...Its a good way of learning actually..BUT in Domine Jesu, there is a Tenor bit that goes " ne absorbeat eas tartarus,ne cadant in obscurum"...and its only Tenors singing, so unknowing I burst into song at that point. Rusco kicked me under the table and the bloke next to me nearly had a heart attack as he was fast asleep!!!

I apologised profusely and hid my head in the score

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I know buying a ticket isn't buying a seat,but why should companies be allowed to sell more tickets than there are seats,especially as I will always need the extra space next to me for my shopping bags,hat,coat ,umbrella,that little bag with the egg Mcmuffin and my shoes,which I will have taken off after a hard days walking ?

And has anyone read the post about the paedo,his booked seat and the harridan with the excessive children ?

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hi all - new to NSC so please be gentle!

As a commuter I get hugely pissed off with non commuters who spread themselves across two seats on a rush hours and then give you a filthy look when you ask them to move their crap so you can sit down.

Just wondered what gets on the nerves of my fellow travellers?

C*nts like you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here