Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non commuters - most annoying thing

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
daudling people when i am in a rush like when the tube is delayed and someone blocks half the esculator with suitcase when you ask them they say no

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
People who don't have to commute because they live near the office. (start my new job in Brighton in 2 weeks after 8 years of commuting) :dance: :rave:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
As I matured I tended to look for a seat next to a youngish female. She kept well withing the boundaries of her seat and I was very comfortable. I did not always find that seat though !!

D

Deleted member 18477

People who don't have to commute because they live near the office. (start my new job in Brighton in 2 weeks after 8 years of commuting) :dance: :rave:

It's the way forward! Office near Preston park or at home sometimes. Perfect!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Having read all this I have to say that I am so glad I do not have to put up with our bretheren! On packed trains, buses and even streets I hate the masses! I guess I am fortunate that I work from home and I really feel sympathy for those forced to endure, chin up huh!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There are actually two very good reasons why people do this:

(a) They have a laptop in the rack above and want to make sure it's not getting stolen
(b) They want some legroom so can swing their legs into the aisle.

There's another very good reason. The lights on the Gatwick Express trains are in the central aisle meaning that, in winter, it's quite hard to read if you're in the window seat. So, I tend to sit in the inside seat in summer and the outside one in winter. Why they can't have lights above all seats baffles me

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Loads of people crowding to use 1 ticket gate, when there are like 5 available. Also people who dont get their ticket out for the barrier on the train, but leave it until they get to the barrier holding everyone up. Another thing is people who walk straight in front of you with suitcases, tripping you up and then look at you as if your the problem !!

Thing that annoys me most of all is people who dawdle to get on a different train, when you are in a rush to get yours !!! Im happy i no longer work in London !!!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The easiest way to keep an empty seat next to you is to smile at passengers as they get on the train, and pat the empty seat next to you with your hand.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
People who stop right at the top of an escalator while they make their mind up which way to go. They look surprised when other travellers crash into the back of them.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
2. Families travelling home from a day out in London and letting their young precious kids have a seat to themselves - put them on your lap!

This is annoying, but I'd probably rather stand than sit next to someone with a kid on their lap!

Hate all the obvious things like pricks on their mobiles. However, what's annoying me most recently is the ticket gate line at Victoria. Firstly, the twattish people on the gates who decide to not allow any railcard tickets through, meaning a MASSIVE bottleneck at the single manned gate where they even ask to see railcards. Sorry, but if you want to do this you need to employ more staff to check them. OR, just rely on the fact that anyone buying railcard tickets without a railcard is likely to get caught by a ticket inspector on the train and doesn't need to get their cards out AGAIN to get out of the station. Also, people who automatically get in a massive crowd for the manned gate, blocking all the perfect functioning automatic ones. The worst, however, is people who still try and put their ticket in even when the gates are all open. What is wrong with you? Just walk through!

Also, this a slight tangent, but how f***ing annoying is Haywards Heath station now - they can afford to have someone titting around on the ticket gates, whilst there are queues out the door for the ticket office and ticket machines because of staff shortages. Surely the priority should be allowing people to actually buy tickets? Greedy bastards. Plus, 2 gates each way is not enough during busy periods, it's pure greed in place of sense. Trying to get through with matchday tickets usually causes a problem as well, as each idiot on the gates comes up with a different way of delaying everyone. Had a big run in with a prick of a guy once who took the hump because we were trying to get on a train and he was talking to a customer so I shouted "mate, can you open the gates for us?".

Finally - after the last evening game, at Brighton statiion our train arrives in a position where everyone had to get through the gates, which were closed. Cue a MASSIVE bottleneck at the one open gate. A policeman told a complaining bloke to tell the rail guy to open the gates. The bloke points out the problem politely - "no one can get through the gates", the rail guy's response was, I quote, "well they should have got here earlier then shouldn't they". A better example of the kind of twats that seem to work for the railways I've yet to see!

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
All i can say is thank the lord I dont have to commute to London every day for work. Been up there a couple of times for work in the rush hour and its a bloody nightmare. i pity the poor sods that have to do it on a daily basis.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This is annoying, but I'd probably rather stand than sit next to someone with a kid on their lap!

Hate all the obvious things like pricks on their mobiles. However, what's annoying me most recently is the ticket gate line at Victoria. Firstly, the twattish people on the gates who decide to not allow any railcard tickets through, meaning a MASSIVE bottleneck at the single manned gate where they even ask to see railcards. Sorry, but if you want to do this you need to employ more staff to check them. OR, just rely on the fact that anyone buying railcard tickets without a railcard is likely to get caught by a ticket inspector on the train and doesn't need to get their cards out AGAIN to get out of the station. Also, people who automatically get in a massive crowd for the manned gate, blocking all the perfect functioning automatic ones. The worst, however, is people who still try and put their ticket in even when the gates are all open. What is wrong with you? Just walk through!

Also, this a slight tangent, but how f***ing annoying is Haywards Heath station now - they can afford to have someone titting around on the ticket gates, whilst there are queues out the door for the ticket office and ticket machines because of staff shortages. Surely the priority should be allowing people to actually buy tickets? Greedy bastards. Plus, 2 gates each way is not enough during busy periods, it's pure greed in place of sense. Trying to get through with matchday tickets usually causes a problem as well, as each idiot on the gates comes up with a different way of delaying everyone. Had a big run in with a prick of a guy once who took the hump because we were trying to get on a train and he was talking to a customer so I shouted "mate, can you open the gates for us?".

Finally - after the last evening game, at Brighton statiion our train arrives in a position where everyone had to get through the gates, which were closed. Cue a MASSIVE bottleneck at the one open gate. A policeman told a complaining bloke to tell the rail guy to open the gates. The bloke points out the problem politely - "no one can get through the gates", the rail guy's response was, I quote, "well they should have got here earlier then shouldn't they". A better example of the kind of twats that seem to work for the railways I've yet to see!

Tailgate through, you have a valid ticket so no worries?

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
People with backpacks on who don't realise that when they turn round, they're going to hit people with it.

People who have those pull-along suitcases and nearly trip up all the people they cut across.

People who never give up their seats for pregnant women (only other women seem to notice and do this)
Rubbish! I got on the 17.23 at london bridge nice and early on tuesday , got a seat comfortably and then just as the train was pulling out made the schoolboy error of looking up from reading the standard to notice a heavily pregnant woman stood near my seat, I offered her mine , she gladly accepted and I was stood all the way to bloody three bridges :nono::D

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
8. People listening to music with Apple standard issue earphones, allowing everyone else in the carriage hear your music.

Thhiiisiissssssss - I sometimes wonder if Apple made a massive mistake and actually put the noise making bit on the OUTSIDE of the earphone?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Also excited cliques of people from a local firm who have obviously got a meeting with head office in London. These people NEVER shut up all the way and make comments like ooh there's a football ground! - when it's actually Selhurst Park

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011

I spent ten years living less than a ten-minute walk away from my work in Wesminster, before moving to Prague, finding a flat, and co-incidentally finding a job less than a ten-minute walk away from it. I've just been lucky, but it's definitely superb: popping home for lunch never gets old!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here