Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gai Assulin

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Assulin has tremenduously quick feet, and a trick or two, but in his limited chances so far, has he actually created anything at all? Very skillful player, but thus far yet to be convinced that he is capable of really influencing a game. More Israeli Noone, than Israeli Messi.

Assulin's technique is about 7.4 times better than Noone's. And that's not a dig at Noone.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Are you 4 years old?

That's a tad unfair, a 4 year old should know the difference between "would of" and "would've".

For me Assulin looks very good when he has the ball at his feet but then he ruins it when he tries to distribute it. Given a bit more match time I'm sure he would become a regular in the starting eleven, we need someone else that can control the match.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Assulin's technique is about 7.4 times better than Noone's. And that's not a dig at Noone.

Probably - but that's not at all the point I was making. More that so, far his contribution has been style of substance.

For me Assulin looks very good when he has the ball at his feet but then he ruins it when he tries to distribute it. Given a bit more match time I'm sure he would become a regular in the starting eleven, we need someone else that can control the match.

This

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Considering how many of the Barcelona/Spanish team come from the Barca youth team and are now pretty much world champions in every competition going we would be mental not to try and renew him on a season long loan next season. No way will we get him on a permenant deal, even if Citeh dont want him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Considering how many of the Barcelona/Spanish team come from the Barca youth team and are now pretty much world champions in every competition going we would be mental not to try and renew him on a season long loan next season. No way will we get him on a permenant deal, even if Citeh dont want him.

Correct. Bizarre people talking about buying him. If we've got £10m spare or so, sure.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
LOL

I never meant instead of Vicente. As you know Vicente is my fav player, but can we keep him? I would love both, but im assuming the worst and that Vicente may go. Maybe Gus sees Assulin as the creative outlet, if Vicente leaves. Hopefully we can keep both. Certainly Assulin would learn from Vicente.

Btw I still cant do dodecahedrens, nor probably spell it

Instead of Vicente? I haven't heard anything as foolish from you since Mr Jolly's Maths class in 1978! ;)

However, I'm with you on the season-long-loan idea.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
what part of that post is it you are not understanding , let me explain for the hard of hearing . I believe vicente will not be at the amex next season IF we do not go up....there is that a bit plainer for you.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No premiership , no vicente ....end of. So what do you suggest ?

You posted this in response to HKFC having a discussion with me about wanting to see a bit more of Gai Assulin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here