Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bunch of pigs need to get off cms back!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He won't get you promoted. He's not a natural goalscorer. He's a poor mans Brett Ormerod, works hard and chips in with 10ish goals a year. Look at the other teams strikers, the teams that are above you.

Saints: Lambert, Sharp, Lee, Connolly, Barnard
Reading: Roberts, Hunt, ALF, Church
West Ham: Cole, Maynard, Baldock, Vaz Te, Carew
Brum: King, Zigic, Folan, Rooney
Blackpool: Phillips, Lua Lua, Dobbie, Taylor-Fletcher, Ormerod
Cardiff: Miller, Mason, Earnshaw, Gestede
Boro: Emnes, McDonald, Jutkiewicz, Ogbeche
Leicester: Nugent, Beckford, Gallagher, Vassell

All of these teams have 2/3 top quality forwards and decent back up. Compare this to your front line, you just don't have the quality in this position, no real goal scorer. CMS has done it in league 1, and that's it. He's 28 and if he was any good someone would have picked him up a couple of years earlier.

Brighton: CMS, Barnes, Vokes
That's rubbish,i suggest you look at how many goals reading's strikers have scored???We have two strikers with 11 and 9 goals respectably and I can assure you many clubs in this league have the same or worse stats.
So CMS is not a goalscorer mmmmmmm,you looked at his stats,his stats were better than zamora's and knights etc etc and he done it for 3 years,9 goals with poor service most of the season is not bad,he offers more than goals and I hope he's here for a long time.The man is lacking in confidence but he will be back with a bang.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
That's rubbish,i suggest you look at how many goals reading's strikers have scored???We have two strikers with 11 and 9 goals respectably and I can assure you many clubs in this league have the same or worse stats.
So CMS is not a goalscorer mmmmmmm,you looked at his stats,his stats were better than zamora's and knights etc etc and he done it for 3 years,9 goals with poor service most of the season is not bad,he offers more than goals and I hope he's here for a long time.The man is lacking in confidence but he will be back with a bang.

They all chip in with a decent amount. They get rotated a lot, only Roberts has been a truly consistent starter. I expect there's teams with a higher combined total as your top scorer is 13th in the table. That's not very good for a team going for promotion. CMS will never be the striker to get 15/20+ goals needed. Your second striker should end up around the 10/15 mark, not your top scorer, if you're going for promotion. He hardly add's more than goals, his passing is diabolical, movement average, shit in the air... Just face it, you got mugged off. I said that last summer and i'll continue to say it. You paid more for him, than we did for Lambert, Sharp and Lee....

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
They all chip in with a decent amount. They get rotated a lot, only Roberts has been a truly consistent starter. I expect there's teams with a higher combined total as your top scorer is 13th in the table. That's not very good for a team going for promotion. CMS will never be the striker to get 15/20+ goals needed. Your second striker should end up around the 10/15 mark, not your top scorer, if you're going for promotion. He hardly add's more than goals, his passing is diabolical, movement average, shit in the air... Just face it, you got mugged off. I said that last summer and i'll continue to say it. You paid more for him, than we did for Lambert, Sharp and Lee....

Just not true, Balls about 4 foot above him are never going to be chances but when it put on his head he does well, He has already scored a header v a Prem club this year, His passing is good enough for a striker and I'd say his movement is top notch. But then what would we know.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
CMS, attacking midfielder, who cant tackle, shoot, pass or control. Heard it all now

Really you obviously dont watch him closely enough then !! Or are you another fountain of footballing knowledge like so many on here !!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
100% agree, i still think he'll score goals, he has been very unlucky in the scoring stakes if you ask me. I was certain that one 2nd half was going in. And yes, easily our best striker. And even when he is in bags of space, no-one seems to notice.

10 goals in a season for a striker that has played in virtualy every game is not unlucky,it is not good enough

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He won't get you promoted. He's not a natural goalscorer. He's a poor mans Brett Ormerod, works hard and chips in with 10ish goals a year. Look at the other teams strikers, the teams that are above you.

Saints: Lambert,

Corrected that for you.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

All of these teams have 2/3 top quality forwards and decent back up. Compare this to your front line, you just don't have the quality in this position, no real goal scorer. CMS has done it in league 1, and that's it. He's 28 and if he was any good someone would have picked him up a couple of years earlier.

Why has nobody else pointed out that BORO and LEICESTER ARE NOT ABOVE US..... Blooming Cheek.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
CMS is a quality player who works his bollocks off every game he plays !!
IMO Gus should try him as an attacking central midfield player in this league he would destroy teams defences partnered up with Vicente !!! (PANTS DAMP AT PROSPECT)

Unfortunately, I think the whole point is that he is not a "quality" player. We works hard, and got a good reward for his efforts at League 1 level. "Quality" is that missing something from his game.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
The missing link for CMS is Bennet, last season Murray banged in approx 20 goals, this season what has he got, is it 6, ? How many assists has our midfield made for Craig? not many that I can remember. You can only make comparisons with like for like. We need another Elliot.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
The missing link for CMS is Bennet, last season Murray banged in approx 20 goals, this season what has he got, is it 6, ? How many assists has our midfield made for Craig? not many that I can remember. You can only make comparisons with like for like. We need another Elliot.

I'm hearing you about Bennett but it's not as though he has not had any service from the flanks. Buckley, KLL and Noone havent delivered the killer cross as consistently as Bennett did but the problem for me is that CMS is lacking in the confidence to get in to those goal scoring positions. Like most others I love the bloke but he is woefully short of confidence which was so evident on Tuesday night.
Really hope his luck turns before the end of the season but about as confident as he is.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My Biggest problem with CMS is he cant pass for shit, hes not a great footballer.

The Price Tag was to much but still does a job for me and fingers crossed he will be here next season, there will be some games when we will need a player like him who runs and runs.

Burnley at home for instance possibly his best game for us and if only he had finished the chance in the 90th Minute.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Those who are saying that CMS is not up to standard seem to forget he plays for his country,secondly he does not get the advantage of Lau and Noone on at the same time,if given the chance particularly at home could run riot,instead why he continually works his socks off running into scoring positions the defence are passing the ball at walking pace in their own half,which must be so frustrating for him and hardly the type of football to grace our fine stadium.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Vicente has already got the most assists but I've seen LuaLua get to the byline and put in a great cross with Macca nowhere near to tap it in. He's also missed some spectacular sitters like Leicester away and Peterborough away where through balls were laid on a plate for him.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
He's up front on his own all the time. I don't think many strikers would have scored many more than he has. As someone said to me earlier in the week, when Vokes comes on for him, what does he bring to the party, not a lot in my eyes, and he's a Premiership striker! I'm a big CMS fan, he may have missed a couple of sitters this season but if we were to revolve the team around him, then it could be a whole different ball game.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

I love the way you come on here talking like you are God! Poor man's Brett Ormerod, what a f***ing joke! And all these strikers you've named above like Bart Ogbeche, Simon Church, how many goals have they scored this season, and Gestede who is absolute muck, and Lee Barnard and so on............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here