Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what strikers should we try and sign for next season

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
CRYSTAL Palace boss Dougie Freedman will make adding experienced players to his squad a priority in the summer.

SOUTH LONDON PRESS TODAY | SPORT | Palace boss will target experienced heads in summer

:(
:lol:
luther-blissett_1939483c.jpg

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
while lots of these ideas are potentially very good e.g. Phillips or Becchio, getting a bid accepted for the ideal striker is very difficult and a big gamble on them fitting in, adapting to style of play etc etc etc. It's simply not very easy to find a very good striker, cos most clubs won't want to sell their good strikers for any less than many millions.

I'd really like to see some of the youth product guys such as Agdestein and George Baker given more of a go... They already know the club and style of play, and for existing strikers seeing them come in should be a kick up the bum to buck up their ideas

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Emnes

Deceptively strong
Can run with the ball
Can play with his back to goal or running onto through balls

I think he would suit our style of play and from what I saw when boro played he can link up well with the midfield too.

Plus his first name is Marvin, which is quite cool.

Dec 29, 2011
Why not give Barnes a spell up front? He's a pretty natural poacher, always seems to pop up in the right positions. KLL likes to whip balls along the ground which suits Barnes' style of play.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why not give Barnes a spell up front? He's a pretty natural poacher, always seems to pop up in the right positions. KLL likes to whip balls along the ground which suits Barnes' style of play.
I agree with this, and get Vicente Buckley and LuaLua all from the start.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Emnes

Deceptively strong
Can run with the ball
Can play with his back to goal or running onto through balls

I think he would suit our style of play and from what I saw when boro played he can link up well with the midfield too.

Plus his first name is Marvin, which is quite cool.

Agree 100% with this, we couldn't handle him the other week, can't see Boro letting him go though.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Back on topic, do Brighton fans actually want Chris Martin?

i dont tbf, he's alright at this level but not really the goalscorer we need like. He reminds me a little of Ashley Barnes but not as good, i for one would rather we spent money on someone else

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
if he would come, Lukas Jutkiewiscz would be a great signing for us IMHO
Big strong, good in the air, holds the ball up, knows where the goal is, great link up play

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Austin, Bechio and Barnes would be a good for next season.

In reality we could probably only afford one of Austin or Bechio. I would also love to Emnes in the stripes.

I hope CMS comes good but from what I have seen not sure he is a top half championship player.

Last edited:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
If we can't have Emnes, then Murray........(grabs coat)

Stumpy Tim

I suggested this for last nights games, and was told it was a very "different" team. Why playing your top scorer up front is different I don't know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here