NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The greatest band of ALL TIME.

Baz 47
JJ 60
Dave 62
Jet 73

Jet 73 and still a legend on the drums !

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Was very tempting but am inclined to agree that never quite the same without Hugh Cornwell. Yes, i know he left yonks ago and they are a creative force moving on with new materal but i would be on a nostalgia trip.

Classic memory from school days was when just before half term break you were allowed to bring in your own music for discussion in class. Vivid memory of music teacher diving for the record player as one of my mates had put on 'I Feel Like Wog':). Still i guess it could have been worse i.e. School Mam:clap:

Personally, everyone bangs on about the Sex Pistols but from that punk era i thought the Stranglers had the real class with not just the attitude but the songs and musicianship to back it up. And of course Dave Greenfield was a Brighton lad

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
The greatest band of ALL TIME.

Baz 47
JJ 60
Dave 62
Jet 73

Jet 73 and still a legend on the drums !

my all time favourite too,only two things used to matter in my life when i was young,brighton's fixtures coming out and the stranglers tour dates

won't be there tonight as i live in france now,but very tempted to pop along to toulouse on 8th april,i did say i wouldn't go and see them without hugh,but having the chance of watching some of JJ's legendary bass rifts,i am very,very tempted

be interested to see the song list,probably be the same on the french tour,if it's filled with classics,might just tip it for me

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

my all time favourite stranglers song!

top 10

1 walk on by
2 down in the sewer
3 hanging around
4 no more heroes
5 nice n' sleazy
6 toiler on the sea
7 genetix
8 dagenham dave
9 baroque bordello
10 school mam

not to mention sometimes,grip,go buddy go,feel like a wog,dead ringer,something better change,burning up time,choosey susie,DYW/DNB,tank,the raven,MSD could go on,what a f***ing band,to produce rattus,heroes and B&W in the space of 18 months
ok alot of the songs were written alot earlier than that,but even still

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Let me assure you Baz is a superb member. 11 years now and the rest of the band are the same. 3rd year in a row for me at The Dome, Brighton and 2010 was the greatest concer I have ever seen. Its pretty much sold out, all seats gone and a few standing left which is due to word of mouth that they are one of the few remaining legendary touring bands.

You forgot about Tank and Peasant in the Big Shitty.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Suite 16, released in 2007 well matches their early stuff.

Would love to go but on crutches at the moment.:down:

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
They produced some MOR dross in the late 1990s/early 2000s with Paul Roberts and John Ellis, but the latest line-up (Baz Warne on guitar/vocals) is brilliant, as is the new album Giants - the track 'Freedom is Insane' is one of the bext things they have ever done - and I'm a die-hard fan of Rattus Norvegicus ('Down in the Sewer' - favourite track of all-time),The Raven, Duchess, etc, and have seen them 22 times.

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Incidentally, some twat with a death-wish threw a pint over Jean-Jacques Burnel (a black-belt in karate) two weeks ago - watch him eye-ball the culprit at the end of No More Heroes before he jumps in to the crowd to sort out the beer throwing retard!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
killing joke for me in pompey

Saw them in Bristol last week; superb. Their last album 'Absolute Dissent' is one of the best and heaviest albums ever by any band; not a duff track on it, and 'The Great Gull' is a monsterous riff.

I've always thought 'Geordie' is a criminally-underrated guitarist. On stage, he looks so cool and laid-back, and makes guitar-playing look easy, yet he produces a wall of noise which sounds as if there are 20 guitars on stage. He's produced some fantastic chiming riffs over the last 30 years.

Sounds like the new album will be good too; this is on it, and is brilliant:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Saw them in Bristol last week; superb. Their last album 'Absolute Dissent' is one of the best and heaviest albums ever by any band; not a duff track on it, and 'The Great Gull' is a monsterous riff.

I've always thought 'Geordie' is a criminally-underrated guitarist. On stage, he looks so cool and laid-back, and makes guitar-playing look easy, yet he produces a wall of noise which sounds as if there are 20 guitars on stage. He's produced some fantastic chiming riffs over the last 30 years.

Sounds like the new album will be good too; this is on it, and is brilliant:

first album was good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here