Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El-Abd

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What a superb performance yesterday. I don't think a thread has been dedicated to his brilliance yet, but he deserves one. Block after block in the first half, positionally he was spot on every time and was never troubled. And this is the guy who was replaced at 3-0 down at half time to Walsall a couple of years ago. Much as I like Lewis Dunk, I think he will have a bit of time to rest himself now because El-Abd and Greer's partnership is perfect for this team. Chopra is a dangerous striker and the only chance he had came from a slip, and we all know how that ended up.

A couple of years ago I was all for releasing El-Abd and didn't rate him at all. What a transformation, I have never seen a player improve as much as he has in the last couple of years.

What a man.

I tapped to talk.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spot on.
I didn't notice to much of his Carroll tac tics today either (I'm not saying there wasn't any!)
He was definitely Mr Body on the line, yesterday, again nothing new there.
He nust lift the whole team when he makes those challenges time and time again.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It seemed like a lot of his blocks didn't garner the sort of reaction they normally do, as if not many people noticed them.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I love that man, he's had some great performances this season, really stepped up and shown what he can do. Great celebrations after we scored and at the end of the game as well, taking over the CMS duties of the "lap of clap"

Respect to Navarro as well for his great defensive covering when El-Abd and others were out of position to make challenges or close people down a bit further up the pitch.

A great team performance all round yesterday.

Last edited:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I'm a big fan of Adam el-abd - for me he just gets better and better - nice guy too I believe -

He never gives up running and challenging - he's great

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I'm a big fan of Adam el-abd - for me he just gets better and better - nice guy too I believe -

He never gives up running and challenging - he's great

Would you mind ever so much if i asked you to change your Avatar,every time i look at it i get the urge to slip the misses one,she`s starting to get the hump.:D El Bad is f***ing brilliant btw

He is indeed a modest and quiet-spoken fellow, and one of our greatest assets.

In my opinion, yes of course he has been getting ever better and grown in stature and confidence expedentially - but to a great extent he DID already have all the right attributes to his game back when people were crying out for him to be dropped. He was alone a lot of the time, or strung out by fellow players who weren't helping.

Virgo often played him late, or dangerous passes in bad areas. Elphick derelicted his duty to try and grab goals, and was less concerned (and incredibly slow, for a player of his build) at getting back from forays forward. The midfield would get sucked too far forward and make life more difficult if he had the ball or was back defending.
Thus it was AeA and FDM back there facing down a charging attack and trying their best to delay/deflect it so men could get back and help out. Whing was the ONLY other defender in years who could be called a proper defensive team-mate, and maybe Richards because he moved into space and made himself available for a pass.
How easy is it for one player to dominate the whole goal area, when expected to take care of an opposing hotshot (like Carroll for instance last week)?
Yet HE is the one people tended (and occasionally still tend) to blame.
Not a big guy, but a hugely committed and brave professional who was always prepared to stick his cranium where boots were flying in. NEVER seen throwing tantrums but also was occasionally used as an someone to berate by Kuipers or Greer when they screw up.

The thorn in the side for almost every opposing 'star forward', who intend to run over and around this stocky upstart 'thug' defender they tend to see him as.
In this league, referees are recognizing his effort is not foul play, but counteracting a lot of that stuff from sly opposition players.

A player who likes to have it his way gets a bit of an awakening when they realise they are getting absolutely NOWHERE, and no change out of a solid, focused player who is on them for their every move.

I hope people realise, after MANY man of the match performances, why Gus saw and liked, and what it is he does for this team.
Even when he doesn't get MOM, he's often the very reason someone else is able to get nominated!

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To think there were som who even doubted his ability to cut it in the championship.....and I noticed those blocks ...and Gus applauding one of his long clearances.....shouldn't forget Greer as well....goal saving clearance and brilliant pass to Buckley leading up to our first goal

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To think there were som who even doubted his ability to cut it in the championship.....and I noticed those blocks ...and Gus applauding one of his long clearances.....shouldn't forget Greer as well....goal saving clearance and brilliant pass to Buckley leading up to our first goal

Those with short memories who forgot that he had played 50 games at this level previously.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was superb as was GG next to him. That should be the back four that we play week in week out - sorry Dunk and Calde

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
she also wants to come to one of your parties:lolol:

Lol cool although I think I won't be posting on here again when I'm three parts to the wind again!!! I'm still suffering today - had a couple of glasses of wine in Dicks yesterday and had to go to bed early last night - am going to the Grand Hotel this afternoon for a hen afternoon - tea and cocktails and I'm really not looking forward to it - or should I say my liver is not looking forward to it!!!

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
A complete performance from him yesterday
Had him on par with Razak for man of the match
His blocks were Terry-esque

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
He was magnificent yesterday, I have been stunned how good he has been at this level, this time around. It makes Gus's job even harder as Dunk has also been immense this season. GG, seems fine with either partner as well.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
When AeA plays we all know the opposition have got to get past him and nobodies going to do that without a fight.

Then the opposition find that out too and look how many forwards he's seen off. Dunk may have the talent but AeA has the presence.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Do you know what? I wish he was there for the Palace game at the amex i really dont think it would have been that result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here