Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team v Leeds

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Vicente has travelled
So have Noone and LuaLua

Lewis Dunk seems to have stayed behind

so defence looks like..........................

Brez

Calde or Jara

Greer
elAbd

Mattock

what are the odds that Vicente will start in midfield in place of Spadge?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Really difficult to just pick the 16 players, let alone a starting XI.

Brez

Mattock Greer El-Abd Calde/Reyes

Bridcutt Navarro

Barnes JFC Buckley

CMS

Subs:
Ankergren
Calde/Reyes
Vicente
Noone/Lua Lua
Vokes

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
the team trained at lancings ground this morning,charlie popped in to say hello,

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
think it is safe to assume that Gus has decided this is a good time for the lad to have a rest.

He has played a lot of games in his first full season in the first team and has been under added personal pressure recently of course.

Better to rest him than risk burn-out and we have the strength in depth now to be able to do that as - should el Abd or Greer need to be covered we could always slot Calde in there (can't remember which was the match he started at centre back but I recall Gus' comment that he played well and the discipline of playing in the middle had benefitted him in reminding him of his defensive duties at full back :) )

Plus we have Vincelot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brez

RB - Calde/Reyes
CB - Greer
CB - El Abd - suits a big feisty away, will get their striker sent off
LB - Mattock

DM - Bridcutt
DM - Navarro

RM - Buckley
CM - Vicente
LM - Barnes - doing defensive work also if needed/covering for Mattock bombing on

ST - CMS

I reckon/hope.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brez

Reyes
Greer
El Abd
Mattock

Buckley
Bridcutt
JFC
Vicente
Barnes

CMS

That midfield is MEGA attacking. I think Gus will be cautious and use Navarro ahead of JFC for this one. Half hope I'm wrong though.

FourFourTwo

Jul 1, 2011
Brez

Reyes
Greer
El Abd
Mattock

Buckley
Bridcutt
JFC
Vicente
Barnes

CMS

Probably the best possible 11 IMO. With Vokes and Noone/Kaz to make an impact later in the game if needed.
With the luxury of Navs for a bit of stability should we need to see out the game.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Anyone think that Ryan Simmonds will not exactly be in Gus' good books for letting the cat out of the bag over Lewis Dunk not travelling :lol:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
That midfield is MEGA attacking. I think Gus will be cautious and use Navarro ahead of JFC for this one. Half hope I'm wrong though.

Gus has brought in a premiershi- striker in Vokes (possibly with a view to a permanent contract.

Does anyone think that he might start Sam Vokes rather than Barnsey, whom I admire greatly, but who is just too wasteful.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
As we are playing Leeds:

Brezovan
Calderon, El Abd, Greer, Mattock
Bridcutt, Buckley, Noone
Vokes, Mackail-Smith, Barnes.

sub: Vicente, Kazenga, Ankergen, Reyes, Navarro.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Brezovan
Reyes~El-Abd~Greer~Mattock
Bridcutt
Buckley~JFC~Noone
CMS~Barnes

Bench: Ankergren, Vincelot, Vicente, Noone, Vokes.

May look fairly attacking, but not too dissimilar to the team who played the second half against Leeds back in September. We just had no Buckley, and Dicker wasn't injured (and obviously the loanees).

Vicente to replace JFC with about half an hour left, Lualua to replace Noone and Vokes to replace Barnes, or most likely CMS.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Fully expect Navarro to start tomorrow.

Brezovan

Reyes - Greer - El Abd - Mattock

--------------Bridcutt---------------

---Buckley - Navarro - Vicente --

---------------------Barnes--------
----------CMS----------------------

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
There have been many posts as to whether or not it would be a good idea to start Vicente or bring him on.

I am uncertain on this as, on the one hand, would it perhaps be better to start him and let him do damage whilst the game is still winnable, OR, bring him on later when alternatively the balance of the game has shifted away from us.

Purely a question and I would be interested to hear any view on this.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
There have been many posts as to whether or not it would be a good idea to start Vicente or bring him on.

I am uncertain on this as, on the one hand, it would perhaps be better to start him and let him do damage whilst the game is still in the balance, OR, bring him on later when alternatively the balance of the game has shifted away from us.

Purely a question and I would be interested to hear any view on this.

For me, if he's fit, start him. You can't rely on his swinging the balance as much as the return game every time, and an on-fire Leeds attack are more than capable of scoring a couple.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
For me, if he's fit, start him. You can't rely on his swinging the balance as much as the return game every time, and an on-fire Leeds attack are more than capable of scoring a couple.

That frankly is my personal view.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Brezovan

Calderon Greer El-Abd Mattock

Reyes Bridcutt

Buckley Vicente LuaLua

Mackail-Smith

Ankergren
Vincelot
Forster-Caskey
Barnes
Vokes

Bexhillian

Jan 18, 2011
I'd go with this, Barnes has been great but surely it has only been a stopgap while Noone & KLL have been out?

Brez

Calde
Greer
El Abd
Mattock

Buckley
Bridcutt
Navarro
Vicente
Noone

CMS

Last edited: