Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Holmesdale Fanatics

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4685500 said:
I can't believe Palace didn't hear us, I have literally no voice from the 90 minutes of constant singing and so was everyone around me. The Group on and you stupid bastards... chant was deafening almost every time it was sung.

like you Danny my throat is burning, maybe we were all singing too loud to hear each other, makes sense doesnt it ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
'Gifting' don't make me laugh, even the most avid scum fan would admit we totally outplayed you mugs that day, and don't worry we'll soon make up the 4 points.

Yeah you were by far the better team on the day, but it was a case of your lot playing well and us playing like shit.
We'll see. I think we'll end up a good 15/20 points ahead of you personally, but I guess we're both going to be biased towards our own team.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
lol , i dont give a toss about groupon offers or attendances to be honest, that is for stattos and point scorers. I was in the arthur too and yes you did sing pretty continuously, esp first 15 minutes or so, sounded pretty good, just a matter of perspectives i suppose on support noise levels. I was more interested in the footy actually and thought our tinpot noddy backwater club matched you pretty well. very even game.

agreed - last 20 you looked on the ropes in my opinion but our delivery into your box let us down or you off. Neither pens in my opinion thought the ref gave you everything ( lino gave our non pen) very happy with a draw to be honest was important not to have you do the long awaited double. I am sure we will play each other next year where i hope you still have Zaha as your only creative outlet although he did go absent without leave for most of the second half...

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
agreed - last 20 you looked on the ropes in my opinion but our delivery into your box let us down or you off. Neither pens in my opinion thought the ref gave you everything ( lino gave our non pen) very happy with a draw to be honest was important not to have you do the long awaited double. I am sure we will play each other next year where i hope you still have Zaha as your only creative outlet although he did go absent without leave for most of the second half...

Agree about the last 20, you were all over us, but the ref I thought was ok. Zaha will still be our player next season i'm sure, even still, he wasn't the only player who carved you open in our 3-1 victory last September.

Jimmy Grimble

I'm glad we're all agreed that drums and goals music are only used by noddy clubs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
like you Danny my throat is burning, maybe we were all singing too loud to hear each other, makes sense doesnt it ?
Not really, no. There were good periods where we weren't singing, so we'd have heard you. And even when you can't hear them, you can tell some of the time when the opposition are singing because they're all moving their arms in unison.

The only section of palace fans that did any singing (apart from 1 minute after the goal) was the right quarter (left as we looked at it) behind the goal. I was very surprised how quite Palace were today. The Palace fan I travelled with said it was because while you were fighting relegation last season, your home record was good, whereas this season your home record has let you down and you're barely having any shots on goal - hence the despondency.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Agree about the last 20, you were all over us, but the ref I thought was ok. Zaha will still be our player next season i'm sure, even still, he wasn't the only player who carved you open in our 3-1 victory last September.

very true murray was excellent for you that night in the second half - was a very strange game as we kind of fell to pieces in the second half having played some good stuff. Congrats for you must have been a great night was painful to witness, despite that result very happy with the Gus bus progress. As i am sure you are with what Dougie has done this year. I hope you get your new stadium and become a strong club - no point in having a rival if you never play them or they go bust.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Not really, no. There were good periods where we weren't singing, so we'd have heard you. And even when you can't hear them, you can tell some of the time when the opposition are singing because they're all moving their arms in unison.

The only section of palace fans that did any singing (apart from 1 minute after the goal) was the right quarter (left as we looked at it) behind the goal. I was very surprised how quite Palace were today. The Palace fan I travelled with said it was because while you were fighting relegation last season, your home record was good, whereas this season your home record has let you down and you're barely having any shots on goal - hence the despondency.

I had just typed a reasoned response but i can see this is an emotive issue for brighton fans so ...

You were the loudest we have ever had at Selhurst, ever. Extremely intimidated and impressed, we were pathetic, not one song, just a drum, a noddy drum no less, even the eagle didnt squawk. The Albion Albion was deafening, we can't compete with the likes of that.

night

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I had just typed a reasoned response but i can see this is an emotive issue for brighton fans so ...
I was being reasoned too. I didn't think Palace's support was good tonight. Sorry?
You were the loudest we have ever had at Selhurst, ever. Extremely intimidated and impressed
:D I didn't suggest anything of the sort.
we were pathetic, not one song, just a drum, a noddy drum no less, even the eagle didnt squawk.
So you weren't disappointed with the lack of singing from Palace tonight? You thought Palace were in good voice?

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
very true murray was excellent for you that night in the second half - was a very strange game as we kind of fell to pieces in the second half having played some good stuff. Congrats for you must have been a great night was painful to witness, despite that result very happy with the Gus bus progress. As i am sure you are with what Dougie has done this year. I hope you get your new stadium and become a strong club - no point in having a rival if you never play them or they go bust.

Well tbh we're behind you in this regard, i'd love us to get a get a stadium anywhere near as good as yours, hopefully we'll re-locate to CP Park.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I was being reasoned too. I didn't think Palace's support was good tonight. Sorry?
:D I didn't suggest anything of the sort.
So you weren't disappointed with the lack of singing from Palace tonight? You thought Palace were in good voice?

OK one last time.

This is my opinion, im allowed one.

I was sat 30 yards from you at the top of block X, you sang a lot, you were NOT loud, you went silent after our goal.
The Holmesdale I was 40 yards from they sang constantly, they were NOT loud, i have no clue what they sang after you scored was busy singing myself
Its possible that some of your volume was lost as i was beside you but then others have told me you were nowhere near the loudest this year from elsewhere.
I think its great that you came and sang and supported your club and enjoyed your support.
I do think though that it is petty small minded childish bollocks to keep banging on that our support is shit, its not and you know it, any more than yours is. Its a shame, i like NSC less after what ive read tonight, i know i know f off your boards then. maybe the daytime people are just nicer :)

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25

You were the loudest we have ever had at Selhurst, ever. Extremely intimidated and impressed, we were pathetic, not one song, just a drum, a noddy drum no less, even the eagle didnt squawk. The Albion Albion was deafening, we can't compete with the likes of that.

night

Can't say I agree with that, loudest definatley not, at their place gave as as good as we got, you obviously aren't a true palace fan but I understand why you try to be one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was sat 30 yards from you at the top of block X
That would probably be the one part of the ground most of us couldn't see.
I do think though that it is petty small minded childish bollocks to keep banging on that our support is shit
I think that's what you're going to get from rival clubs.

Can't say I agree with that, loudest definatley not, at their place gave as as good as we got, you obviously aren't a true palace fan but I understand why you try to be one.
:lolol: brilliant. He was being sarcastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here