Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our keeper

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Since peter regained his position between the sticks our bad run of form has ended ,we beat the saints 3-0 we beat a confident Bristol city and his contribution to the win at Wrexham with his lightning reflexes surely must ensure he stays our number 1 keeper, even with the keeper we now have from city.The commentators for the Wrexam game even stated Peters quality,traveling up to the posh in the morning i for one will be very disapointed in Gus if Brezovan is not playing.:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:.motm for the Albion on Wednesday imho:clap::clap:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Poyet won't replace Peter after 2 clean sheets and a strong performance vs Wrexham.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I had my doubts and I'm still not 100% confident he is what we will need to push for promotion, but so far I can not fault him and I hope he proves me wrong.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
you really love the guy dont you :lolol:

lmfao ,i realy do think he has the potential to be a great keeper he just needs games to play he is already fcuking brilliant, if we let him go we will regret it when we see where he ends up.Brezovan will play in the premiership as i have already posted, i honestly cannot understand for 1 minute why Gus has ever played Ankergren with Peter fit,but saying that in Gus we trust.From what i have read the new guy is a bit if a flapper and his English is crap, so i am a bit surprised that we signed him.
I love anyone that plays well for the Albion with heart, as Brez does.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
did not see the stoke game everyone refers to so i might be shouted down for this but i think he deserves to keep his place he,s been solid

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
did not see the stoke game everyone refers to so i might be shouted down for this but i think he deserves to keep his place he,s been solid

I was at the Stoke game with my daughter they out classed our whole team defence included , Stoke were 1st division we were 3rd division there was no shame in losing that game for any of our players.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Only issue with Brez in recent games is his distribution, which is by no means bad but not as good as Caspers, which I assume is why Gus had been so reluctant to play him, given how pivotal the goalkeeper is to our style of play.

Having said that there is absolutely no way he will be dropped given his immense performances recently and there is no doubt that the defence has looked far more comfortable with Brez between the sticks.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Only issue with Brez in recent games is his distribution, which is by no means bad but not as good as Caspers, which I assume is why Gus had been so reluctant to play him, given how pivotal the goalkeeper is to our style of play.

Having said that there is absolutely no way he will be dropped given his immense performances recently and there is no doubt that the defence has looked far more comfortable with Brez between the sticks.

His distribution will improve , his attributes are his quick reflexes and the amazing saves he makes to replace him would be madness, keepers are employed to save goals Brezovan is brilliant at that he proved it on wednesday

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
thanks mutts so he wasnt as totaly dreadfull as some on here made out (i was wondering if we had two keepers called brezovan)

The jury is always 'still out' for goalkeepers. I'm not convinced by either of our main goallies, and actually I can't think of many in the game I would be completely comfortable about. That Vorm has looked exceptional in the Prem, and Hart is probably numero-uno for the England position.

There will never be another Gordon Banks I don't think.

His distribution will improve , his attributes are his quick reflexes and the amazing saves he makes to replace him would be madness, keepers are employed to save goals Brezovan is brilliant at that he proved it on wednesday

He also adopted a crouch position that ended as a total stumble when their goal went into our net.
I don't know why a keeper would go into the coiled-spring readiness, then end up fully floored - surely a leap at the ball might have been a bit of a requirement at that moment in time?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This Mutts Nutts/Brez love in is getting ridiculous. He is better than Ankergren and I have to say I'm not convinced that Ankergren's distribution is as good as Brez. However, Brez is not a premiership goalie and from what I have seen, is unlikely to be unless we get promoted and don't sign someone.

He also adopted a crouch position that ended as a total stumble when their goal went into our net.
I don't know why a keeper would go into the coiled-spring readiness, then end up fully floored - surely a leap at the ball might have been a bit of a requirement at that moment in time?

He was ready to dive but the shot was way beyond him. Had he dived you would have pointed out what a pathetic dive it was.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
thanks mutts so he wasnt as totaly dreadfull as some on here made out (i was wondering if we had two keepers called brezovan)

Peter was not dreadfull, in that fa run we knocked out two 2nd division sides portsmouth and watford we were 3rd division they were 2nd division i was at both games peter was insrtumental in both wins, had ankergren been in goal we would have lost both games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here