Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Ordered my self a new bicycle on Monday, got a call from the shop that it had arrived yesterday & I could collect it today.
Got to the shop this afternoon to be told that they hadn't noticed it was damaged when it arrived (returned to them by another branch) or they would have called to let me know & save me a trip.
So I'm really disappointed I can't try it out tomorrow, but they have promised me that the re-ordered one will be brand new & boxed when they get it.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ordered my self a new bicycle on Monday, got a call from the shop that it had arrived yesterday & I could collect it today.
Got to the shop this afternoon to be told that they hadn't noticed it was damaged when it arrived (returned to them by another branch) or they would have called to let me know & save me a trip.
So I'm really disappointed I can't try it out tomorrow, but they have promised me that the re-ordered one will be brand new & boxed when they get it.

What are you getting?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Hey Moto, I see you starred the Nov Geek Ride. Does that mean you're gonna make a super star guest appearance??

I won't be able to commit until much closer to the day. but I hope too. I'm still carrying injuries from that last tumble but am building up again.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It's a bit out of your manor, but be good if you could. Hope you're healing well.

Cheers B. Contemplating telling the GP my haematoma with numb patch is still unresolved. My hunch is the only healing aid is time.

The next ride, will it be one or two like last time?

Any Hastings fellas fancy heading north if I head south one day? I've got a trip to Battle pending.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cheers B. Contemplating telling the GP my haematoma with numb patch is still unresolved. My hunch is the only healing aid is time.

The next ride, will it be one or two like last time?

Any Hastings fellas fancy heading north if I head south one day? I've got a trip to Battle pending.

I haven't been out for a proper ride since about April or May. I don't do Summer heat and added to that I totally lost my mojo anyway. The short daily commutes and rides with the kids is all I've done. The cuckoo trail was nice again today it has to be said.

If Autumn does tempt me back out again, which I hope it will, then I might be up for something, but I'm not making any promises. Armchair clubber knows some good loop routes around the Battle area. My preferred direction from here is usually to go East to be honest.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I haven't been out for a proper ride since about April or May. I don't do Summer heat and added to that I totally lost my mojo anyway. The short daily commutes and rides with the kids is all I've done. The cuckoo trail was nice again today it has to be said.

If Autumn does tempt me back out again, which I hope it will, then I might be up for something, but I'm not making any promises. Armchair clubber knows some good loop routes around the Battle area. My preferred direction from here is usually to go East to be honest.

I get your drift 10.

Might have to shelve that Battle plan, because the only way to cross the A21 is smegging Pembury. I want to explore further afield but maybe as the days are getting shorter I'll have to review in the spring.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that's all depressing, on a lovely sunny day.

I have just winter-fide my winter 'hack', as my summer legs and physique have long since left the building.
Lights, Garmin, bottle cages, full 'guards bought, now just trying to source a pair of Vittoria Open Pave to replace the Continental Grand Sport tyres it came with.

Fingers crossed I can get going again.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I have just winter-fide my winter 'hack', as my summer legs and physique have long since left the building.
Lights, Garmin, bottle cages, full 'guards bought, now just trying to source a pair of Vittoria Open Pave to replace the Continental Grand Sport tyres it came with.

It might be a lovely sunny day, but the cold easterly wind is relentless this week, and makes going home (for me) a joyless experience.

Until I get there.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Sake fella. Swing your leg over and get your head down.

What 'guards out of interest?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sake fella. Swing your leg over and get your head down.

What 'guards out of interest?

My winter bike needs specific Cube 'guards as disc brakes means there's no rear brake bar to attach onto.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Oh, may I chip in with my thoughts on guards?
Crud road racer mk 2 = easy to fit on even the tightest of bikes. They're easy to snap if you get even tiniest stick caught in the front wheel, but crud happily sell spare bits. Overall they're fine, super light, look ok and cheap.

SKS unbreakable = very snappable although sks shipped a new set to me quickly von Deutschland. But they snapped too.

Bontrager = I'm loving these and they have a nice funnel type flap which I think catches all the rain and muck. Easy to fit, look ok and haven't snapped.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My lights turned up today SB. Shame I can't use the rear because of the kit bag under the seat. Just need a plug converter and I'm away. How do you set it to flashing mode?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My lights turned up today SB. Shame I can't use the rear because of the kit bag under the seat. Just need a plug converter and I'm away. How do you set it to flashing mode?

There isn't a flashing mode.
Think of it as an individual headlight, with high and low beam.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here