Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings v Bristol C Away

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I am guessing the ratings (from previous games, reading NSC, BBC and SSN updates), lets see how close I get! :D

Ankergren - 7
Greer - 7
Dunk - 8
Calderon - 7
Painter - 6
Noone - 7.5
Harley - 7
Dicker - 6
Bridcutt - 7.5
Barnes - 8
Mackail-Smith - 8

LuaLua - 7
Buckley - 7

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Ankergren 7 Did what he had to
Greer 7
Dunk 8
Calderon 7.5
Painter 6.5 often looks short of pace
Noone 8
Harley 7 sometimes got caught napping
Dicker 8
Bridcutt 9 everywhere - always available when we are in possession, always breaking things up when opposition have the ball
Barnes 8 right place at right time
CMS 8 frightens defenders, creates space for others

Buckley 8 promising
Lua Lua 8

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I hope this thread is only answered by those who actually saw the game and not those who relied on BBC Sussex or Seagulls Player !

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
According to the radio CMS was poor, but two raters so far gave him good marks?

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I hope this thread is only answered by those who actually saw the game and not those who relied on BBC Sussex or Seagulls Player !

I was doing it as a joke, amazing how close you can get though. Its pretty obvious who are best and worst players are now. So you can almost post the same ratings from here without even knowing the score. Dicker is the only one who is hard to guess, he ranges between 4 and 9. Most of the others are consistent.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I was doing it as a joke, amazing how close you can get though. Its pretty obvious who are best and worst players are now. So you can almost post the same ratings from here without even knowing the score. Dicker is the only one who is hard to guess, he ranges between 4 and 9. Most of the others are consistent.

Rating ranges

Ankergren 5-8
Greer 7-9
Dunk 7-10
Calderon 6-8
Painter 6-7
Noone 7-9
Harley 7-9
Dicker 5-9
Bridcutt 7-10
Barnes 6-9
Mackail-Smith 8-10

LuaLua 5-9
Buckley 7-10

:D

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
As a joke? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hilarious!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Thought CMS did ok, but didn't get much service in the first half. Second half the whole team played much better. CMS had two or three half chances, including a great header just wide. He was also put right through by a great ball from Buckley (I think), but slipped at the crucial minute. My ratings would be....

Ankergren 8 (vital save at the end, did nothing wrong)
Calderon 7
Painter 7
Greer 7
Dunk 7
Bridcutt 8
Harley 6 (nice touches, but lost concentration several times, and a couple of times seemed to give up - not the Poyet way)
Dicker 7
Noone 8
Barnes 7 (didn't do much apart from the goal!)
CMS 7

Buckley 8
Lua Lua 7

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1. Ankergren 8
2. Calderon 7
3. Painter 5
4. Bridcutt 9 (mom)
5. Dunk 8
6. Greer 7
7. Harley 6
8. M-Smith 6
9. Barnes 6
10. Dicker 6
11. Noone 8

Subs
Lualua 6
Buckley 7

Under par performance, but I'll take these 1-0 away wins all the way to the Premier League. Good turnout numbers wise, must have been at least 1500, didn't like having that bloody drum next to us, rubbish, although it helped us react against their songs I guess. Bristol City were our match for much of the game but completely toothless in front of goal. What is all the fuss with Maynard about? The bloke is pony!

I guess I should explain why I marked painter down, it was due to their right wing beating him with almost every run, any danger to us (such as it was) came from that side.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt go my self but my eldest text me saying Bridcutt MOM Painter a bit slow caught out a lot, Harley in and out moments, the rest below par but a 1 - 0 win was great result taking into account the overall performance

GrahamH65

May 19, 2009
Rather than looking at it individually, I think it's easier to say that, as a team, we weren't at our best. The first half was disappointing. We were better in the second and the substitutions showed that Poyet wanted three points. Average team performance, solid defensively, scrappy goal, three points and still top of the league. And yes, I was there.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Rather than looking at it individually, I think it's easier to say that, as a team, we weren't at our best. The first half was disappointing. We were better in the second and the substitutions showed that Poyet wanted three points. Average team performance, solid defensively, scrappy goal, three points and still top of the league. And yes, I was there.

Thank you for your quote which I think means much more !

kjgood

Thought it was our worst performance so far this season, apart from the first half against Doncaster and we were perhaps a little lucky to get the three points, fans were fantastic, Bristol City's fans were poor. As for the players:

1. Ankergren 8 Did everything he needed to and the save right at the end was real
class
2. Calderon 7 Defended well, got forward now and again, solid game, at the end
of the game he applauded the fans and looked really happy
3. Painter 6 Did what he had to do, got forward a bit, but does look to lack a
little pace, but fairly solid game
4. Bridcutt 9 My MOTM again, was everywhere, broke the play up, always
available, a quality performance again
5. Dunk 8 Spot on again, Gus lock him in a long term contract now please
6. Greer 8 Quality quality quality
7. Harley 6 Looks a good player when on the ball, dont think he's yet adjusted to
the pace in the Championship, got caught several times on the ball,
appears to stroll around a bit
8. C-M-Smith 6 Thought he was struggling a bit, looked unhappy actually and
seemed to moan about the service which TBH wasnt good. I think
he's struggling with the way we play, its not direct enough for him
9. Barnes 6 Had a quiet one apart from scoring
10. Dicker 6 Average game
11. Noone 8 Thought he started OK was kicked around a bit early on. Thought
he looked tired, not up to the fantastic form he has been in but
he has been soooooooo good
Subs
Lualua 7 Did Ok, getting his pace back, went past his defender with ease,