Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gleeson - "MK Dons are better than Brighton"

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Horse shit of course but if you were a supporter of MK then this sort of noise coming out the club would be fantastic which is why he has done it.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
HAHA. They look good, and I like the way they play football, but I sincerely doubt they'll get 95 points. Chumps.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Interesting that he says " I want to play in the Championship"...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bit of "look at me, I'm a mercenary.....go up or I'm off!"

Still, I wouldn't have knocked Bridcutt (for example) if he had said the same sort of thing last year.........confidence from the players is exactly what fans need to hear, as long as it's reflected in performances on the pitch which it is at the moment. MKplasticDons have a good coach and a great style of play. Shame I can never get to like them!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
If he is of that opinion due to the away game at MK Dons last season then who can blame him. I recall us being pretty rubbish that day.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Quite a compliment really - Must be pretty insecure

I don't remember any of our boys feeling the need to say we were better than Norwich or other such rubbish. Just quietly confident and focusing on the job in hand. Like real champions do....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Based SOLELY off of Football League Show Highlights, they do look to play a more attractive passing game that us, we rely quite heavily on our (excellent) wingers to create things, where as they pass the ball more around the entire midfield looking to create opportunities.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It's mainly due to it being MK. If it was Exeter top and saying the same thing, most wouldn't bat an eyelid. As it's the MK Donuts, people are pissing their little knickers about it.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
We played poorly against MKD last year, especially away, and the view might be based on that. Anyone involved with, say, Peterborough, would think differently.

And don't forget that these words are being spoken by an Irishman, and are therefore dripping with good ol' boy amiability.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just sold their best striker and replaced him with Charlie MacDonald.Says it all.

D

Deleted member 18477

he's just put him and his team under HUGE pressure to now better Brighton of last season.

also can i point out... he quotes this...

“This is my third year, so we’re on track,” he said. “If we get promoted, I’m here, I’m definitely staying.

IF? I thought he just said they were better than Brighton of last year. Surely they'll also walk the league then? Dear oh dear silly contradicting comments like that wont help anyone at MK dons!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here