Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd to join with CMS???

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Really don't think we need him. We have so many options going up front, especially on the wings. Even more so since the subs rule change - at the moment it's very possible that worthy players are going to be left out of the squad. The defence is a priority as whilst I don't think we'll be anywhere near like Blackpool last season, we don't want to run the risk of verging in that territory.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Really don't think we need him. We have so many options going up front, especially on the wings. Even more so since the subs rule change - at the moment it's very possible that worthy players are going to be left out of the squad. The defence is a priority as whilst I don't think we'll be anywhere near like Blackpool last season, we don't want to run the risk of verging in that territory.

Plus he's the type of player you have to build a team around. Not what we want at all. Let's get in another class CB and maybe a 'Keeper. Then I'll be very, very excited!

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
After seeing Dunk against Spurs, I see a defender as a "nice-to-have" signing now. Dunk was imperious with Greer. The goals were errors from the flanks, not the centre-backs.

Boyd would be astounding... Buckley will come good.

I think loan cover is the way to go with the CB at the moment. Dunk and Greer work well together, and I have faith that Cook will play well if need be. However, if Greer gets suspended/injured, I'm not sure if a Dunk/Cook partnership would be that effective.

Boyd would be awesome, I'm sure he could play on the wing, attacking centre midfield and the Bennett role well if he had to. Plus him and CMS work wonders together. I'm sure Gus must have at least considered this.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Nevermind Boyd we really do need cover for Casper. What did I say about Brezovan last week? Disaster waiting to happen… That error sat was shocking, you wouldn't expect that in League 2 let alone the Championship. Get rid.

Thought Dunk did ok but id like to see us add another CB, if Greer gets injured theres no way we can rely on 2 rookies until El-Abd or Tommy get fit.
An experienced CB on loan would be ideal but thats not going to be easy.

The rest of the side looked fantastic. If we add the cover I mention I thick we are in for a really strong season.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Think he would be an amazing signing. He supplied most of CMS goals last season. Its a no brainer

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The fact that Peterborough have rebuffed a bid from Burnley means they either want a lot (which granted he's worth) of just don't want to sell. Having lost CMS I doubt that they want to lose any other key players.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
After seeing Dunk against Spurs, I see a defender as a "nice-to-have" signing now. Dunk was imperious with Greer. The goals were errors from the flanks, not the centre-backs.

Leaving aside the third abbertion, I would narrow it down to left flank !

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

GG was correctly MoM... Dunk was great, but what if one of them are injured or suspended? Also, it is a HUGE risk to throw Dunk into the melting pot that is the Championship IMHO...

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Dunk was sublime! Cook and Hall both had strong pre-seasons, but I don't know how they would do in the Championship. I think we should go for a 6-month loan CB until christmas, but I really want to see Dunk play a lot this year

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
GG was correctly MoM... Dunk was great, but what if one of them are injured or suspended? Also, it is a HUGE risk to throw Dunk into the melting pot that is the Championship IMHO...
Dunk, when he's alongside Greer especially, is more than good enough imo and I think in Gus' opinion. As you say the issue is if one of them gets injured or suspended then we are in a bit of trouble - though the fullbacks could all probably do a job in the middle for a while. But if we sign someone then in a a few weeks we've got Elphick and El-Abd back then it's a different problem. Gus has said he only wants to sign someone who improves things and not just a stop gap so that makes it more difficult as well. The key is how long we have to wait how for El-Abd and/or Elphick to be available, I haven't heard anything about that lately.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dunk was sublime! Cook and Hall both had strong pre-seasons, but I don't know how they would do in the Championship. I think we should go for a 6-month loan CB until christmas, but I really want to see Dunk play a lot this year

Looks like you will... experienced CB should have been one of our top priority signings IMHO...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dunk, when he's alongside Greer especially, is more than good enough imo and I think in Gus' opinion. As you say the issue is if one of them gets injured or suspended then we are in a bit of trouble - though the fullbacks could all probably do a job in the middle for a while. But if we sign someone then in a a few weeks we've got Elphick and El-Abd back then it's a different problem. Gus has said he only wants to sign someone who improves things and not just a stop gap so that makes it more difficult as well. The key is how long we have to wait how for El-Abd and/or Elphick to be available, I haven't heard anything about that lately.

Mid-Sep earliest for our injured CBs, I believe... hence, IMHO, we are running a BIG risk not getting in an experienced CB...

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
lost confidence and confusion is created from not having a strong comading gk who makes few mistakes. i believe our defense would look stronger if they new they had a good keeper behind them

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Casper played every leauge game last year i think and is our number 1 - what type of quality could we really bring in as back up? we have Poke as well dont we? I know he was poor in the past but he obviously has something...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Overheard a conversation today, guy claimed he is Dunk's best mate and Dunk was told after the game on Saturday that he will be playing a lot this season. Going by that, if he is going to start every week, then I suspect it will only be a temporary cover that would come in until El-Abd and Elphick are back.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Overheard a conversation today, guy claimed he is Dunk's best mate and Dunk was told after the game on Saturday that he will be playing a lot this season. Going by that, if he is going to start every week, then I suspect it will only be a temporary cover that would come in until El-Abd and Elphick are back.

Good news, as he can only get better and better! He already looked very, very good on Saturday, keeping Pavlyuchenko and Defoe very quiet.

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
Boyd and smith combination would be brilliant!! I think its only a matter of time before he leaves as Peterborough agreed that they would let him and cms go this summer because they stayed with them last season! Im actually surprised he hasn't already moved to a bigger club to be honest! I thought a top champinship side would have moved straight in for him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here