Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd to join with CMS???

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes Dunk looked really good on Saturday and to me should have got man of the match and good shout on jake Livermore as he seems a real livewire. I do though feel that our midfield surprised me as it looked much better than I thought it would and going forward we looked dangerous but just concerned at the back and we certainly need a quality second goalie if not a possible no 1 as I dont know why as even though Casper was fine I just felt a little bit nervous with him at times and as for Peter well what can I say lol...

We were great for the first 35 mins or so. Playing our passing game, a neutral would not have guessed who the prem side was..

However, and I have seen us do this before, when we let a soft goal in (and it was soft) we sometimes go to pieces.

It was only a friendly against a top Prem side. I'm sure it gave Gus food for thought prior to the season starting.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
And I have no idea where shipping Buckley out, before the season has even started, has come from either.

D

Deleted member 18477

Yes Dunk looked really good on Saturday and to me should have got man of the match and good shout on jake Livermore as he seems a real livewire. I do though feel that our midfield surprised me as it looked much better than I thought it would and going forward we looked dangerous but just concerned at the back and we certainly need a quality second goalie if not a possible no 1 as I dont know why as even though Casper was fine I just felt a little bit nervous with him at times and as for Peter well what can I say lol...

i agree midfield did look better than i thought as well. i knew they were good but to do that to spurs for the first 35 mins was impressive. but we need another centre mid as kish has gone remember so to have livermore, dicker, bridcutt and sparrow would be decent! i personally dont know if Navarro will be good enough but i'll let him prove that on the pitch if given the chance, but he needs to pick up the pace quick as the championship will be no place for mugs.

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
We were great for the first 35 mins or so. Playing our passing game, a neutral would not have guessed who the prem side was..

However, and I have seen us do this before, when we let a soft goal in (and it was soft) we sometimes go to pieces.

It was only a friendly against a top Prem side. I'm sure it gave Gus food for thought prior to the season starting.

You are quite right the first 35 mins was actually quite breath taking and considering it was not even just a premiership side but a top premiership side being made to look average was quite incredible. It is as you so ashame that a soft goal seems to change the momentum and quite often knocks the stuffing out of them for a good few mins until they start again as the late 2 goals for Spurs in the first half were almost like just letting them score, it was a bit surreal.

The quality is certainly there and I am sure lime you say as well with Gus he will not tolerate these lapses on the day and that we have a big enough squad to drop players that under perform whether or not they are a big name or not.

Cant wait for next Saturday now it is so addictive, just wish the pies were not so addictive as well:)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Hmm I'm not sure about Boyd. He's certainly got the talent but I've always felt he was the kind of player that you need to build a team around and is a bit of a personality. Not sure he'd quite fit into our setup and for that reason it'd be a 'no' from me.

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
i agree midfield did look better than i thought as well. i knew they were good but to do that to spurs for the first 35 mins was impressive. but we need another centre mid as kish has gone remember so to have livermore, dicker, bridcutt and sparrow would be decent! i personally dont know if Navarro will be good enough but i'll let him prove that on the pitch if given the chance, but he needs to pick up the pace quick as the championship will be no place for mugs.

Yes if the only concern that really came out on Saturday was more the speed element but I must keep remembering this was a top 5 premiership side and it was some achievement to keep up with them in the way we did. I must also remember it was only 2-3 seasons ago that our team played hoof and run football.. how things have changed under Gus and Bloom at the healm has simply been extraordinary and just wish my Dad was around to see it!!! I dont also want to diversify but my what an atmosphere as well for a friendly although being in the East myself I could not have coped being in the West Upper as would have felt ill with the height lol..

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Not saying I agree at all with getting rid of Will Buckley as sure he has lots of potential but just trying to read between lines as seems to be common from comments on here and from what people say was mentioned on Saturday that he has not settle in as quick as had been hoped but I would hoppe we give him a chance. What I can say is it certainly has never been so exciting to be a fan of this club and what an emotional day Saturday was!!

Now come on. He hasn't played a single competitive game yet. Let's not be silly

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
This

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
These Buckley mumblings are annoying. Not every player is going to hit top gear in pre-season.

Naylor has tweeted about an axe. I very much doubt Gus has specified to him that a particular player is due to be culled. Merely local tabloid tittle-tattle to try and boost their dwindling ratings.

I'd imagine Burnley are relatively cash rich after their Premier League foray.

Not quite sure I understand this "[Another town/city] vs Brighton - I know which I would pick" - firstly, one does not have to move into the town/city that purchases the player and it seems that most of our players don't actually live in Brighton, anyway!

D

Deleted member 18477

AndyNaylorArgus Andy Naylor
In Monday's Argus Poyet's axe threat, boost for Barnes and why one of Albion's big summer signings could be a frustrated spectator #bhafc

i reckon that just means buckley may be frustrated due to others form of late! OR becos hoskins hip injury may put him out for a period of time? the axe threat will be for brez prob or anyone that is under performing. simple.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Livermore comes in on loan.

Harry was really impressed with the way we passed the ball around. I think he would like Livermore to come here as he knows Gus would have him playing the way he likes

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
maybe this axe threat is over Will Buckley and maybe like Mark Wright we may look to offload him straight away and Boyd may be the replacement??? Not sure as always speculation but I do think if we got Boyd as well we would certainly be in the mix.:)

That is such nonsense... why would Gus get him here..and then get rid. Hes had a slow start ... hes now learning how to play proper football...it takes time . People here really do need to get a reality check . Good grief !

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I don't think we really need him tbh. If there was a spare couple of million after we had addressed positions which are a little weaker than middle field then sure why not, but I feel a striker (especially if Hoskins is injured) a CB, and after yesterday's performances, a goalkeeper are far more important than another creative player. IF we were in for him and had a bid accepted, maybe the fact CMS is here would help persuade him? But any way, I don't see it personally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here