Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Feedback

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was that Guy Lloyd, the guy from Juice? I know he has a job in 'corporate hosting' A Spurs fan don't you know.

No idea, but he needs to turn the volume down and speak normally. I accept the getting excited bit about MOM is de rigeur but for the most part I'd prefer it if he was a bit more whispering Bob Harris :lolol:

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Loved it and it was better than I hoped. Can they make it even better?

Sure- have a greater range of snack food and put some more tv's in the BUPA lounge the ones in there are all above people at tables so you'd have to hover next to them to watch.

As said before drink orders for half time like in a theatre would speed things up.

I absolutely love my seat.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Parking can be improved...at Bennetts field where 3 lots of traffic meet,(two out of the park and the main rd out)the steward just let people go,so who was ever in the moving traffic went slowly on and others who could not ease in just had to sit there. If the steward had let 10 cars go from one queue,then 10 from another,then the other 10 traffic would have moved quicker,Jeez I could break into the Kremlin quicker than I got out. From leaving after the match I did not get home till 7pm....a ten mile journey....sort it!

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Food was good, staff very pleasant and helpful just lacking in experience, understandably. Seats fantastic. My only gripe was the lounge announcer, I don't need to be geed up by a shouting man 6 or 7 times during the afternoon. I think he is gonna annoy me during the season.

The lounge announcer needs to tell us that the teams are coming out for the 2nd half not that the game has kicked off again, we might then get back to our seats in time!

I hope you got the oik sacked

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It was a GREAT day. Here are my views:

- You SHOULD be able to wear shorts I think. It's a bloody football game not a conference.

- Bar staff were really slow, but I'm sure that will change. They did all seem very young and without a manager in sight which surprised me slightly. The way some people were talking to them in there was a joke though, I heard a woman tell a girl it was "TOTALL UNACCEPTABLE" that the boiling water for the tea would be another 3-4 minutes. She then demanded the girl bring the tea over to her table without so much as a please. Rude cow.

- They've got to work some traffic management system out. Exiting the ground just became a free for all. The lights at the top weren't a problem, it was just all the people in the car park cutting through the queuing traffic.

These are all minor things really, this is a massive operation and after a few weeks I'm sure they'll iron out the few creases there are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
- They've got to work some traffic management system out. Exiting the ground just became a free for all. The lights at the top weren't a problem, it was just all the people in the car park cutting through the queuing traffic.

This. I accept that it will take a fair time to clear the car park. What I did find frustrating is aggressive drivers taking a direct route and cutting through and getting out ahead of the polite and patient folk like myself who queued orderly and waited for their turn. Some stewards and cones will easily sort this out though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The way some people were talking to them in there was a joke though, I heard a woman tell a girl it was "TOTALL UNACCEPTABLE" that the boiling water for the tea would be another 3-4 minutes. She then demanded the girl bring the tea over to her table without so much as a please.

I'd have poured the water over her and said 'sorry I took so long'.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Clippedgull I normally agree with most of your comments but Paul Rogers is a true gent, very lovely man. He was understandedly severely stressed on Saturday so I think you should cut him some slack.

The fact he was available so readily to everyone says it all really.

Yes there were problems but Paul is a fantastic representative of the club.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Loved it and it was better than I hoped. Can they make it even better?

Sure- have a greater range of snack food and put some more tv's in the BUPA lounge the ones in there are all above people at tables so you'd have to hover next to them to watch.

As said before drink orders for half time like in a theatre would speed things up.

I absolutely love my seat.

You're right. A few more TVs that aren't in the seated dining section would certainly be useful.

Mr Is

Feb 10, 2011
Thought it was all fantastic, the Stadium is amazing (what a contrast to the Withdean!!)
Seats comfortable, good view
Atmosphere great (will only get better), we need to get the West stand singing revved up next week, the North stand sounded great.
Bar was busy but both before and at half time got a beer within 5mins, perhaps there could have been a couple more barstaff
Staff were friendly and helpful, I agree that there should be an announcement in the bar for the 2nd half.
Travel seamed to work ok, my own experience was perfect on the bus back to Lewes, walked out of stadium got straight on bus back home by 5.45, glad I didn't pay for parking space now.
Overall there was not much to complain about, I'm really full of praise for everyone involved in bringing this amazing achievement to fruition, I'm sure the minor stuff will be ironed out and it will improve over the first few games

Well done the Albion, great job done.

MissT

Nov 16, 2009
My experience of the match day was very good. We enjoyed a drink at the end of the game to avoid the car park problem - as far as possible.
Someone mentioned that his wife wasn't comfortable standing for very long; were there seats in the lounge where those having a drink or a coffee could sit? It didn't seem you could use the tables set for dinner.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Clippedgull I normally agree with most of your comments but Paul Rogers is a true gent, very lovely man. He was understandedly severely stressed on Saturday so I think you should cut him some slack.

The fact he was available so readily to everyone says it all really.

Yes there were problems but Paul is a fantastic representative of the club.

I've put it behind me and moved on.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Good day ... couple of small niggles .... pies had run out at 2 ish ... bit disappointing .. but I went down into the main concourse to get some and brought them into the BUPA lounge ... would like warning the game is about to restart .. half time passed so quick that I missed the restart..
Will improve with time ... some people seem to be moaning about very little !

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
You're right. A few more TVs that aren't in the seated dining section would certainly be useful.

You`ve paid god knows how much, and you want to sit down and watch the telly.The prawn sandwich brigade realy are on a different planet

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
You`ve paid god knows how much, and you want to sit down and watch the telly.The prawn sandwich brigade realy are on a different planet

The point is when you pay a high price you want to make sure you get what you have paid for. The more you pay the greater the dissapointment when things are'nt right.

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
This. I accept that it will take a fair time to clear the car park. What I did find frustrating is aggressive drivers taking a direct route and cutting through and getting out ahead of the polite and patient folk like myself who queued orderly and waited for their turn. Some stewards and cones will easily sort this out though.

I to like you queued saw some of the drivers mainly they had 4x4 or top of the range cars but like you I waited my turn (as normal British people do) - and yes I did see some stewards using their bains and puting cones out - problem was not enough cones or stewards around to cover the car park. Perhaps it will be sorted through feedback from the stewards.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Spot on with the comment re tellies in Bupa Lounge.
All the dining tables were positioned around them, leaving the other half of the room with no tellies.
The people eating weren't interested in watching SPN.
This could be sorted easily by swapping the dining and none dining areas over.
Would be good to install even more tellies on the vacant pillars. Blimey. I'm a telly addict!
Also, they need to double the number of seats for the non-diners.
You shouldn't need to get there early to get a seat.
The clothing rules seemed very relaxed.
I spotted sports shoes, shorts, and one or two replica shirts.
It's going to take a few matches for tweaking, both for the fans and the club, but I'm sure the few gliches will be sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here