Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donny Fan regarding our allocation

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Thor,

as it is a new stadium, the regulations mean that we have to have ramp up events to ensure the infrastructure can handle the fans, and that the transport links, the bars etc can handle the people safely.

As we proved on Saturday they can, as everything worked pretty well.

i just hope that after the game, we can all have a drink afterwards (west Lower) open the bars for a late drink. Might be worth it, rather than spend time standing in the queue.

I for one, would be happy to have a drink with the Donny fans...

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Good you will need to be , we have got virtually everything a Rovers supporter wanted in terms of our player retention and recruitment. As I said before we are coming for all 3 points and a party.

After the game come and drown your sorrows in the North stand, i will buy you a pint. 4 - 3 to us i think

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
Who have you signed to improve on last year ? Not a game to be underestimated but I do fancy us for 3 points

For a start we have retained both Sharp and Coppinger (both subject to bids pre-season) added Naylor , Spurr, Baxendale , Mason, Bennett, Johnson, Vine, Rashid and awaiting the possible signature of 'he who cannot be named'. They look good on the ball and very incisive be warned.
All in all a great blend of both youth and experience to supplement the likes of Stock, O'Connor, Chambers, Hayter, Dumbaya, Oster, Lockwood and last season's pearl George Friend.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
For a start we have retained both Sharp and Coppinger (both subject to bids pre-season) added Naylor , Spurr, Baxendale , Mason, Bennett, Johnson, Vine, Rashid and awaiting the possible signature of 'he who cannot be named'. They look good on the ball and very incisive be warned.
All in all a great blend of both youth and experience to supplement the likes of Stock, O'Connor, Chambers, Hayter, Dumbaya, Oster, Lockwood and last season's pearl George Friend.

WHO!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
swansea and donny,too very good passing teams last year,thinking this could be a agreat advert for championship footy,2-2

drfc1

Jul 28, 2011
I think we are marginally stronger than last season but still lack in key areas ( in goal and centre back) on our day we can give anyone in this division a game, sadly squad size means we are rarely at full strength for a decent period.it will be close but I think you will shade it. I remember the new stadium effect when we thumped Huddersfield 3-0. Hope I'm wrong but after all the shit you have been through in the last 15 or so years I wouldn't begrudge you 3 points.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think we are marginally stronger than last season but still lack in key areas ( in goal and centre back) on our day we can give anyone in this division a game, sadly squad size means we are rarely at full strength for a decent period.it will be close but I think you will shade it. I remember the new stadium effect when we thumped Huddersfield 3-0. Hope I'm wrong but after all the shit you have been through in the last 15 or so years I wouldn't begrudge you 3 points.

Jolly decent of you to say so. Whatever the result lets hope we both can have decent seasons

drfc1

Jul 28, 2011
We've already got LuaLua!

Unless you mean literally cannot be named... like, he's Dutch or Welsh or something really guttural

He who can't be named except by the official site who named him in Fridays Grimsby report. Giles Barnes is the man, whether he signs is one thing & if he does it's not O'Driscolls style to throw in straight in the team at such short notice.

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
We've already got LuaLua!

Unless you mean literally cannot be named... like, he's Dutch or Welsh or something really guttural

Kasanga Lulu is an excellent player, however you can be sure that SO'D has done his homework on all your players. It will be an excellent contest, we may even allow you the ball for 10 mins in each half ; make sure you use it effectively. The latest one is unpronounceable (Bouhenna) and the other one is under wraps chances are we won't get him....he's top top draw.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
We lost Matt Mills, Jason Shackell, Gareth Roberts, Richie Wellens and Paul Green... all for top money... and last season it showed.
George Friend came from Wolves as a full back but, because of our drastic injuries, he had to play CB. He developed into a class act in that position (another stroke of inspiration by SOD). However, playing O'Connor beside him just wasnt a long term answer, even tho he did well... he's a superb FB, not CB, and we missed his pace.
Dumbaya came from non-league and impressed us all... then got injured.
We signed 3 CB's as a quick fix, but none of them were ball players and we struggled to change style because of this.
Sharpy was superb whenever he played... then got a long term injury.
Stock and Woods were our oustanding midfielders... then got long term injuries.
At one point we didnt have a single, fit striker.
Now we've offloaded the chaff and brought in some good prospects: Bennett, Spurr, Naylor, Brown, Bouhenna, Baxendale... and he who must not be named in case anyone else nabs him first (hopefully; come on JR!)
Our starting 11 should be pretty strong, and the players coming back from injury will give SOD a headache... they are the backbone of the club: Stock, O'Connor, Woods, Martis, Chambers, Lockwood.
It's all looking very exciting for the season overall.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Seems to still be very confusing. The Donny waiting list prove that there is a demand for these tickets so they should have them. We maybe in a situation where we have people locked out of a game that isn't sold out.

Given that we took a couple of days to sell our general sale allocation I think the brighton in the away end argument is pretty poor as there was ample opportunity to buy home end tickets if you could be bothered to get them when they went on sale.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The only likely scenario I can think of is...

We tell you that you can have all of the tickets but you have to pay for all of them no matter how many you sell.

Donny don't want to buy 1000 tickets if they'll only shift 800 as it will cost them c£5k for the unsold tickets.

We give you a few more days to try and get enough names for the remainder. If you don't, your club will not buy them, they'll come back to us and we'll sell them.

that is how the a way ticket system works everywhere. the away club have to buy AND PAY for their allocation in advance...........

which might put Donny off taking their full entitled to allocation

oh and we haven't got the safety certificate for the stadium sorted out yet, which whilst it may well be a formality now after the ramp up events , is still a hoop that the club has to jump through before it can release all the tickets

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here