Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four Four Two Season Preview

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Has us down to finish a very dull 12th. West Ham and Leicester 1 and 2 with 'Boro Reading, Brum and Forest in play offs. Palace to be 20th with Doncaster, Peterborough, Watford and Barnsley down. Nothing to exciting really

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
4 to go down? I suggest they do a bit more research.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Absolute tosh - why oh why do "experts" keep saying Birmingham will go up. They're broke, having to sell alot of their players and are on the brink of administration.

Both West Ham and Leicester, whilst having spent alot are managed by two old school managers whose tactical knowledge is 10 years out of date. I can see them both not meeting expectations and only scraping into the play offs.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
4 to go down? I suggest they do a bit more research.

Oh yeah, well they are shaded grey so presume that is what they mean!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd question the choices of Birmingham and Forest. Birmingham well documented as being in the financial mire and Forest unable to make any substantial impact in the transfer market.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Also have man city winning the premiership with Blackburn, QPR and Wigan down

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What did they predict for League One last year???

Sky had this

1. Southampton
2. Charlton
3. Sheffield Wednesday
4. Huddersfield
5. Brighton
6. Notts County
7. Brentford
8. Peterborough
9. Plymouth
10. Bournemouth
11. Bristol Rovers
12. Walsall
13. Carlisle
14. Swindon
15. Leyton Orient
16. Oldham
17. MK Dons
18. Exeter
19. Colchester
20. Yeovil
21. Tranmere
22. Hartlepool
23. Rochdale
24. Dagenham & Redbridge

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'd question the choices of Birmingham and Forest. Birmingham well documented as being in the financial mire and Forest unable to make any substantial impact in the transfer market.

Forest will do well. They have finished in the play offs the last two seasons, McLaren is a decent manager and Greening is a great signing at this level. Birmingham on the other hand could be in all sorts of trouble.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4260090 said:
12th dull? I'd be doing somersaults

Despite being as mad as a march hare, no one could accuse you of being unrealistic.

If people are seriouisly expecting us to do much better than 12th there are going to be some very dissapointed fans come may.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
I have always said that mid-table would be fine for the first season. Then build again and push for play-offs.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
would expect Hull and Blackpool to be top six, Birmingham are in a mess and have little chance of going back up this season.

would settle for 12th, a season of consolidation and maybe a promotion push next year or so.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd take that now , without question :)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In defence of FourFourTwo, the preview gets done, laid out and sent to the printers a while ago. Certainly before Birmingham's finances came to light this week.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I like to keep the preview supplements next to the toilet, so i can check progress throughout the season and laugh at the hopeless optimism displayed by the fan sections.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
On one side Tony and Gus are pushing for the playoffs so 12th would be disappointing. Unfortunately there are about 15 other teams doing the same so a safe 12th seems good to me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here