Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We'll never die

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011

After everything we've been through in the last 14 years, I thought this song would be very fitting considering how we've never given up and always fought to save our club, I know it's a song from another team but it's still sending out the same message !

We'll never die, We'll never die
Seagulls still flying high
Brighton and Hove Albion will never die

MaggieT83

Oct 26, 2010
Pulborough
Yeah I'd love it if we can get a new range of songs going and this one would be very fitting for us. Shame about the clubs that already sing it tho

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Shirley it should be:-

Flyin' high we'll reach the sky
We'll keep the seagulls flying high
We'll keep the seagulls flying high
'Cos Albion will never die

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Imagine the whole ground singing this before kick off though.

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
After everything we've been through in the last 14 years, I thought this song would be very fitting considering how we've never given up and always fought to save our club, I know it's a song from another team but it's still sending out the same message !

Seagulls still flying high
Brighton and Hove Albion will never die

Like.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No thanks. I hate the fact that Chelsea and Man Utd sing it - two of the most repulsive clubs in the country to most football fans.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
No thanks. I hate the fact that Chelsea and Man Utd sing it - two of the most repulsive clubs in the country to most football fans.

Does it matter who sings it ? It sends out a message.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Yes, and because Chelsea and Man U sing it, that message is that you're a complete cock.

So for that reason, I'm out.

Deary me, So what, nearly every song that is sung isn't owned by one club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Deary me, So what, nearly every song that is sung isn't owned by one club.
Deary me indeed. I'm not looking for an argument, I simply don't like the song because I only ever hear it sung by those two.

You go ahead and belt it out if that's what floats your boat but I don't think you should canvas opinion on here if you don't like the feedback you get.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I really like both versions suggested here. If we wanted to make it a little different from United's then I'd go with Twinkle Toes' version, but both would be awesome at the Amex.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
We don't seem to have trouble with Blaydon Races, which isn't just only sung by Newcastle fans, but is a traditional georgie song.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We don't seem to have trouble with Blaydon Races, which isn't just only sung by Newcastle fans, but is a traditional georgie song.
Yet we do have a problem with "Glad all over" - because it is associated with a team we don't like very much.

Blaydon Races is a tremendous ditty, and to me, it isn't really synonymous with Newcastle any more than any other club despite being a Geordie tune. I just find "we'll never die" incredibly dull and tedious, and synonymous with Chelsea and Man Utd.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Yet we do have a problem with "Glad all over" - because it is associated with a team we don't like very much.

Blaydon Races is a tremendous ditty, and to me, it isn't really synonymous with Newcastle any more than any other club despite being a Geordie tune. I just find "we'll never die" incredibly dull and tedious, and synonymous with Chelsea and Man Utd.

What about the Murray/LuaLua chant, that's associated with Man United and others, and the Bennett one is associated with Liverpool, the list goes on.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
'Yes it does, that's a Man Utd song, one that Man Utd sing all the time. Try and think of something original"

This.

Most songs are recycled but some are so closely associated with another club that singing them just sounds wank. For that reason, I also hate 'Go get your father's gun'... which Southampton always sung about Portsmouth, and we seem to have adopted.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What about the Murray/LuaLua chant, that's associated with Man United and others, and the Bennett one is associated with Liverpool, the list goes on.
They are songs about players though. Not really the same thing because when those players leave, those clubs won't sing the songs any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here