Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Were has this money come from all of a sudden, they have a pre season home game against the mighty Real Madrid.

They have signed Nugent, Kasper Schmeichel, Neil Danns, Sean St Ledger and Lee Peltier

Just made a bid of £5mill for Matt Mills of Reading.

They got to be favs to win the league this year.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
They might be up there.

If they can keep up with us :lol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Nana nana nana nana na na
Are we keeping up, keeping up
Arrre we keeping up

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
little wonder people are cynical. The track record for Thai owners isn't good and you kind of wonder about whether clubs are being used as outlets for money laundering when there is so much cash involved and it is invariably a short term relationship. Fail again this year and it isn't hard to see SGE doing what he does best and walking away and LCFC doing what they do best and going into administration. Of course they should walk this league based on money spent but there are a fair few very useful sides and it's no gimme.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
little wonder people are cynical. The track record for Thai owners isn't good and you kind of wonder about whether clubs are being used as outlets for money laundering when there is so much cash involved and it is invariably a short term relationship. Fail again this year and it isn't hard to see SGE doing what he does best and walking away and LCFC doing what they do best and going into administration. Of course they should walk this league based on money spent but there are a fair few very useful sides and it's no gimme.

Leicester and Bristol Rovers, 90/1 double. I'm on.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
They're expected to spend large on Nicky Maynard too £4.5-£5million bid expected.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thinking about it, most these signings are probably championship standard but top championship....i have my doubts.

Can't see them walking it with what they have brought in.

Top 6 and in the mix more likely

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
They scored goals last season, but shipped them too - Getting in Schmeichel, Mills, St Ledger and Konchesky is certainly going to help there. If you don't think they're top championship players you need to re-think. They will be right up there.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
They scored goals last season, but shipped them too - Getting in Schmeichel, Mills, St Ledger and Konchesky is certainly going to help there. If you don't think they're top championship players you need to re-think. They will be right up there.

agree they will be right up there, my point was they won't run away with it

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
from sky sports website

Foxes end Maynard interest
Millen worried about striker's focus

Leicester City have ended their interest in Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard, according to a club spokesperson.

Foxes boss Sven Goran Eriksson had targeted the frontman as part of his remodelling job ahead of a pursuit of promotion from the Championship.

Maynard has just one year remaining on his contract and it was thought that Bristol City would be prepared to listen to offers this summer.

But Leicester have been surprised that three bids, which reportedly peaked at £4.75million, have been turned down and are now thought to be looking at Sheffield United forward Ched Evans.
A Foxes spokesperson told the Bristol Evening Post: "We felt we made a very favourable offer for Nicky Maynard and were surprised when it was turned down.

"Bristol City have made their position clear and it is time to move on and look elsewhere."

Focused

A new contract has been on offer for Maynard, but he has yet to reach an agreement and Bristol City manager Keith Millen is concerned Leicester's interest may have turned the player's head.

"I'm worried that all this speculation could turn out to be a distraction for Nicky," said Millen.

"It is part and parcel of the game these days, but it is not ideal for the club or the player. I don't want Nicky's head being turned by other clubs, I want him to be fully focussed on getting fit and match sharp, so that he is at his best when the season kicks-off in August.

"I'm ambitious and want us to be pushing for promotion next season. I'm certainly not in the business of selling my best players and I'm delighted the club stood firm and rejected the bids from Leicester.

"Nicky is happy here and, apart from anything else, the money on offer was nowhere near enough."

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
FOOTBALL:Leicester sign defender Paul Konchesky from Liverpool for an undisclosed fee (external link)

another good buy for them, if they get hargreves i see them walking the league

I've always thought Konchesky was one of the most over-rated players I have ever seen.

However, some of their other signings are pretty impressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here