Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Bright

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Just watching Late Kick Off, Falmer looks fantastic with state of the art facilities. Martin Perry came across and a good bloke and very informative.Ok there are so different ideas such as making the away end welcoming and a changing room for Gully but doesn't that just show that the Albion is a community club.

Go back to the studio for expert opinions and that TWAT Mark Bright is just so negative about everything that the club has strived for.

Why do the BBC employ such amateurs who treat us fans of clubs and the beautiful game with such disregard. Mark Bright as a player I hated you and as a pundit your wooden and a complete Cock!

I was always told if you haven't got something good to say don't say anything, Mark Bright should try to remember this.

PS. Was great to see the goal in the 1-0 win at Selhurst, ceratinly made up for the previous year.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I used to read the Mark Bright column in the Metro regularly. Classic case of job for the boys. Absolutely no media talent whatsoever. Sort of person to throw out 10 different opinions or predictions and one will turn out correct - will then spend a certain amount of time gloating about how he told us so. Rubbish bore.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I used to read the Mark Bright column in the Metro regularly. Classic case of job for the boys. Absolutely no media talent whatsoever. Sort of person to throw out 10 different opinions or predictions and one will turn out correct - will then spend a certain amount of time gloating about how he told us so. Rubbish bore.

But....he keeps the BBC's black quota on track. That is honestly the ONLY reason I can fathom for keeping this berk on. His co-commentary is toe-curling, he is the absolute master of stating the complete and utter frigging obvious. He's a bland dullard, as is that other complete nonentity media studies uni-graduate Manish Bhasin. They're just there to tick the Beebs ethnic boxes - seriously, why else are they POSSIBLY worthy of broadcast ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mark Bright - even his bloody NAME should be challenged by the Trades Description Act.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What did he say, exactly?

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
...that TWAT Mark Bright is just so negative about everything that the club has strived for.

He's always irked me with his negativity in co-commentary. I don't think I've ever heard him say anything positive, ever. Constantly berating players decision making or criticising their ability and performance. So what you say here really comes as no surprise.

On a related note, speaking of BBC commentators, did anyone notice Jonathan Pearce say of Kenny Dalglish on MOTD2 last night that he has "...probably the most delightful smile in football"?

WTF! :safeway :lolol:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
But....he keeps the BBC's black quota on track. That is honestly the ONLY reason I can fathom for keeping this berk on. His co-commentary is toe-curling, he is the absolute master of stating the complete and utter frigging obvious. He's a bland dullard, as is that other complete nonentity media studies uni-graduate Manish Bhasin. They're just there to tick the Beebs ethnic boxes - seriously, why else are they POSSIBLY worthy of broadcast ?

But Manish is just a presenter and a facilitator, something I think he does an extremely good job at considering the "pundits" he works with (Claridge, Bright etc).

As the Late Kick Off, just watched it on the iPlayer... Talk about belittling the stadium. Talking about the away end when its less than 20% of the stadium? I mean come on, is Bright really saying away fans would prefer to go to a urine soaked hell-hole like Selhurst where you are constatly terrified of catching something?! Give me strength!

Stadium looks great, Ainsworth (despite his hair) knows his stuff and the presenter was pretty positive. As for Bright, did we expect any less from a dull, bland and pathetic Palace fan?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
So having decent ground will work against us ? Playing in a toilet doesn't seem to be helping Palarse much good does it ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As far as I can remember all he said was he wouldn't make the opposition so welcoming and that at Colchester they painted the changing room walls grey to give the opposition as miserable time as possible. What did I miss?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No definitely not getting this at all, did he say something other than what I've already posted?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I actually stayed up watch it. Waste of time, I should have gone to sleep. Mark Bright's comments where not that complimentary.

I think a lot of people are jealous, and they can't and don't want to understand how a club like Brighton is getting this stadium when so many clubs are in financial ruin.

We have to expect this. Lets just get on, get promoted and get the recognition we deserve.

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
LondonBlue, he didn't say much but thats NSC for you. Anything or Anyone who says something slightly bad about the Amex then they get ripped on and called every name under the sun. He probably hadn't heard of the colours etc for the away fans and had to say something i.e. the first thing that came to mind. Gully's dressing room is a nice touch but I agree is it really needed that much. The away end is a good idea no doubt but it will divide people but who cares everyone on here will be in the home stands anyway.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I really enjoyed the show and Bright's comments were very much tongue in cheek, liked Ainsworth and the presenter and really the way fans have been complaining about lack of coverage of all things Albion they shouldn't moan when there is an excellent piece from BBC.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That's why I am saying I don't actually remember him saying anything bad about the Amex. I know he mixed up the away end with opposition, hence what I originally said 4 posts up. And is why I am genuinely asking if I missed something.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That's why I am saying I don't actually remember him saying anything bad about the Amex. I know he mixed up the away end with opposition, hence what I originally said 4 posts up. And is why I am genuinely asking if I missed something.

He's a pal**e twat, that should be good enough reason on it's own to start a thread and call him a c**t. Saying anything remotely negative about our new home makes him fair game for a beasting. If it were up to me I'd tie him up, put him in a gimp suit and drop him in the bushes at dukes mound.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here