Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caskey on bench v plymouth

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
this is awesome! he was so good and is the future of the club :) nice to see these amazing young players getting a chance

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
A 16 year old League One midfielder with a double-barrel surname? Got to be worth at LEAST £10m.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I've got nothing to base this on, just got a feeling he 'll go to a 'big club' sooner rather than later, a Walcott type scenario. Hope he does get the chance to stay and develop with us.

As Matt Le Tissier said, Walcott wasted two years of his career by going to Arsenal so early. Not saying it was Walcott's choice as it may have been the club keen to get the cash rather than Theo wanting the move, but he has a point.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
of course sooner or later he will go to a big club, but its nice to see some real talent in our youth!

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
As Matt Le Tissier said, Walcott wasted two years of his career by going to Arsenal so early. Not saying it was Walcott's choice as it may have been the club keen to get the cash rather than Theo wanting the move, but he has a point.

I know we don't need the cash as much as we once did. But with the large number of midfielders we already have, I wander if it would be too much for TB to resist if someone like Arsenal came in with a silly bid. Lets hope his real Dad isn't influencing any ideas of grandeur and that his Stepdad is telling him to get his footballing education with us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Well Te Tiss is wrong. I love this theory that Theo should be held up as example of what can 'go wrong' for a young player who moves too early.

Walcott is a regular international, a multi-millionaire with a beautiful fiancee, playing for one of the best clubs in the world, surrounded by brilliant players, and coached by one of the best managers of the last two decades. Where did it all go so WRONG for him?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
I know we don't need the cash as much as we once did. But with the large number of midfielders we already have, I wander if it would be too much for TB to resist if someone like Arsenal came in with a silly bid. Lets hope his real Dad isn't influencing any ideas of grandeur and that his Stepdad is telling him to get his footballing education with us.

think about it this way

The Walcott went at the age of 16/17 for 10Mill to Arsenal

Oxlade-Chamberlain was rumoured to go to Arsenal for 10Mill

so why cant our star man go for the same kind of price?

he just needs time to prove himself :)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well Te Tiss is wrong. I love this theory that Theo should be held up as example of what can 'go wrong' for a young player who moves too early.

Walcott is a regular international, a multi-millionaire with a beautiful fiancee, playing for one of the best clubs in the world, surrounded by brilliant players, and coached by one of the best managers of the last two decades. Where did it all go so WRONG for him?

Cant argue with that. What does mr "one club, no ambition" know anyway.

As for Caskey if it pushes Batti further down the pecking order then GOOD.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Wow, 2 sub appearances in his life, and we (NSC) have already decided that we have enough midfielders that we can accept the inevitable silly bid that is coming our way from Arsenal.

The getting-ahead-of-ourselves barometer is rising fast.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cant argue with that. What does mr "one club, no ambition" know anyway.

That's a bit harsh on Le God. His comfortable career at Saints, earned him a few quid, two England caps, a Zenith Data Systems Trophy WINNER'S medal, and a few goes on Marilyn from Home and Away.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

You're missing the point though. He could have still had all those things and still spent another season or two in a lower division learning his trade, instead of kicking his heels in the reserves - I think it was quite a while before he made his full debut for the Arse. Who knows though - maybe it helped him being around the arsenal team for his formative years.

Just a guess, but for a player that good, I would have thought it would make sense to get sold to the top team when the offer is there and play on loan for a season more in the lower league.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wow, 2 sub appearances in his life, and we (NSC) have already decided that we have enough midfielders that we can accept the inevitable silly bid that is coming our way from Arsenal.

In fairness, this is for a player who has been likened to Andres Iniesta on another thread!

:jester:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You're missing the point though. He could have still had all those things and still spent another season or two in a lower division learning his trade, .

COULD have. Or he could have turned shit, or broken his leg a week later.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

build them up to knock them down type thing as usual

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Never has so much potentially ridden on us getting promotion this season. The other two occasions we went up to the Championship, we knew we would have to punch above our weight with no money to back it up. It could all be so different this time with TB at the helm and The Amex generating more money than we have ever had before. Hopefully this means we have a better chance than ever before holding onto players like Caskey for longer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That's a bit harsh on Le God. His comfortable career at Saints, earned him a few quid, two England caps, a Zenith Data Systems Trophy WINNER'S medal, and a few goes on Marilyn from Home and Away.

Yes of course. Plus he has the kudos of keeping Stains in the top division for a few seasons.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
this is awesome! he was so good and is the future of the club :) nice to see these amazing young players getting a chance

Source? I thought he probably would be anyway, but can't see anything on Argus or Club Site.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here