Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone on here tried crack?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Of course it does.
Lcohol is freely available and drunk by millions.

It is just a simple number game.

+1
What a stupid statistic to keep quoting.

BTW more people die falling out of bed than climbing mount Everest.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
No. He made a good point you ignored. Alcohol ruins more lives than crack or any other hard drug.

By the same token,car drivers kill more people than terrorist bombs in this country!
Reckon terrorist bombs are a bit nastier ,don't you?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Uncle C..

I see youre quite adamant that all drugs are bad...they are not.
Ive smoked grass daily since 1979, I work in a technical field, and have done for many, many years. My attendance record is far better than people around me who drink. I live a good life, living in a nice city, with a beautiful girlfriend.
Im not 'kidding myself'...im accepting a reality.
Some people go off the rails with drink...some people go off the rails with cannabis...some people go off the rails with Ampthetimes...some people go off the rails with cocaine, some people go off the rails with food etc etc etc etc etc...Not all do...

Its the individuals, not the individual drugs, drinks, eating habits.
What people are saying, and that you seem unable to accept is if you want to ban drugs..why not drink?...eating habits kill many...why not ban food..?
To ban drugs on the basis that a percentage of the takers do themself damage is daft. As daft as banning food because some overeat and develop heart problems, as daft as banning booze as some become alcoholics...
How about banning beds, as more people fall out of them than climb Everest?

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Uncle C..

I see youre quite adamant that all drugs are bad...they are not.
Ive smoked grass daily since 1979, I work in a technical field, and have done for many, many years. My attendance record is far better than people around me who drink. I live a good life, living in a nice city, with a beautiful girlfriend.
Im not 'kidding myself'...im accepting a reality.
Some people go off the rails with drink...some people go off the rails with cannabis...some people go off the rails with Ampthetimes...some people go off the rails with cocaine, some people go off the rails with food etc etc etc etc etc...Not all do...

Its the individuals, not the individual drugs, drinks, eating habits.
What people are saying, and that you seem unable to accept is if you want to ban drugs..why not drink?...eating habits kill many...why not ban food..?
To ban drugs on the basis that a percentage of the takers do themself damage is daft.

Where did I say that all drugs are bad?

What I am saying is that many drugs are taken by individuals who have weak personalities and are therefore vulnerable. They need to be examining what is so wrong with their lives that they need to cop out for a while.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Where did I say that all drugs are bad?

What I am saying is that many drugs are taken by individuals who have weak personalities and are therefore vulnerable. They need to be examining what is so wrong with their lives that they need to cop out for a while.

Thought I noticed it on an earlier post..apologies if not..
I enjoy smoking grass..nothing wrong with my life because I enjoy smoking, and enjoy the effect and find it enhances some aspects of my life, ie listening to music, enjoying art, enjoying reading, enjoying time with my girl etc... I just dont go with the..theres something missing from their lives bit..

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Thought I noticed it on an earlier post..apologies if not..
I enjoy smoking grass..nothing wrong with my life because I enjoy smoking, and enjoy the effect and find it enhances some aspects of my life, ie listening to music, enjoying art, enjoying reading, enjoying time with my girl etc... I just dont go with the..theres something missing from their lives bit..

Here is the definition of a drug

"A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you feel the need to alter a normal bodily function then you must be unhappy with it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Dont we all, but I take mine caffiene free.

oh for f*** sake man........you have GOT to be joking , there are numerous cultures in the world that have naturally occurring narcotics as the basis of their religious beliefs, you are assuming that if someone pops an illicit pill or powder they are weak and lacking something in their lives..........you so obviously have zero first hand knowledge of the subject, you really ought to keep your puritanical views to yourself...........intimating that people you have never met are weak is just ignorant.
i replied to the question asked by the thread starter with what i considerred to be a relevant answer........you have just waded in spouting UTTER BOLLOCKS....:wave:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
No and I never ever want to try it in my life.

I'm going out with a girl at the moment who smokes crack in my support group and want to get her off it. The easy option would be to steer well clear of her but she's a decent person underneath that's just got a bit lost. I'm willing to take a chance even with the danger. She's pretty, intelligent and I'm going to remain committed to helping her. I've got strong feelings already but I want her to be 100% honest with me. If we stick to that basis I believe we've got a future together. She makes me forget about my own problems even though I worry about her.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
No and I never ever want to try it in my life.

I'm going out with a girl at the moment who smokes crack in my support group and want to get her off it. The easy option would be to steer well clear of her but she's a decent person underneath that's just got a bit lost. I'm willing to take a chance even with the danger. She's pretty, intelligent and I'm going to remain committed to helping her. I've got strong feelings already but I want her to be 100% honest with me. If we stick to that basis I believe we've got a future together. She makes me forget about my own problems even though I worry about her.

Doing some research on substance abuse, reading your touching story I just hoped 4 years on are u still with her, did she manage to stay clean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here