Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just joined NSCstrava this week. Apart from giving me stats my old Garmin cannot deliver, it is interesting to stalk the competition. I had followed your routine and woke at 6 for a 15 mile tortoise run to Rottingdean. Got home and checked to see if our paths had crossed and was impressed with your consistent mile times. Good running.
I have learnt it's better to get it over and done with early in the morning, great being at the marina before it was light.
Coming back from injury I have upped the mileage so much that I risk further injury but seem to be OK. The coming week is going to be a killer with the accumulative mileage kicking in. Best enjoyment from running since Hastings last year.
Have also learnt that the hills out to Ovingdean in the marathon deserve more respect than I give them on the day.

Cheers, quite pleased with the pacing, it helps being given a target pace and then slightly exceeding it :)

Strava's great and this stalking thing works both ways! You have been a very busy knocky. Good running!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In a shock move, I've not been out yet! The delights of 15 miles in the rain lay ahead...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'd rather complete 2 self assessment tax returns with a happy glow of accomplishment....from running not the income earnt!

I had the joys of the two tax returns too. The run afterwards in the piddling Manchester rain was a pleasure by comparison. The real depressing part is now I have to go online and pay the tax bill :(

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Caught the 8:17 to Seaford and ran home. 28km/17.4 miles in 2:31. Wind was n't too bad but I was pretty cold wet and cold by the end. Bit slippy in the mud up on the cliff tops which did n't help - can't imagine what it'll be like along the Adur for the DarkStar . Still means I'm ahead of last year's training so happy with that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I had the joys of the two tax returns too. The run afterwards in the piddling Manchester rain was a pleasure by comparison. The real depressing part is now I have to go online and pay the tax bill :(

Said no Google executive ever,

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Ran 15.5 miles to Eastbourne pier in the rain this morning. Shaved 2 minutes off my half marathon pb in the process, think I wanted to get it over with.
I can't find the strava nsc group. Can someone help me out with what to search for?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Ran 15.5 miles to Eastbourne pier in the rain this morning. Shaved 2 minutes off my half marathon pb in the process, think I wanted to get it over with.
I can't find the strava nsc group. Can someone help me out with what to search for?

Search under north stand chat I think

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Darkstar river run done. F******g hell that was hard. Kind of manageable on the way out, but the rivebank path had turned into an utter quagmire for the return leg. Couple that with my undertraining (no long runs since September) and it basically went tits up and I lost the plot, basically. Still, a few lessons learned and some good hard miles in the legs I suppose. Full horror very clear in the link below - we turned back off the Downslink and onto the river at 18 miles.

https://www.strava.com/activities/482847856

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Running along Worthing Prom for the 4 mile event proved to be hard graft this morning - not great weather conditions. Not got official times through yet but on my own timing I might have just nudged past the time that would give me a PB (age grading) of 77%+. Please with this in the circumstances and put in at least one very fast (for me) downwind mile of 6.25.
Looked like a huge turnout.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Darkstar river run done. F******g hell that was hard. Kind of manageable on the way out, but the rivebank path had turned into an utter quagmire for the return leg. Couple that with my undertraining (no long runs since September) and it basically went tits up and I lost the plot, basically. Still, a few lessons learned and some good hard miles in the legs I suppose. Full horror very clear in the link below - we turned back off the Downslink and onto the river at 18 miles.

Bloody hell that looks like hard work! Forget the time - just think of the calories..............Awesome effort.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Running along Worthing Prom for the 4 mile event proved to be hard graft this morning - not great weather conditions. Not got official times through yet but on my own timing I might have just nudged past the time that would give me a PB (age grading) of 77%+. Please with this in the circumstances and put in at least one very fast (for me) downwind mile of 6.25.
Looked like a huge turnout.

You're a rocket. I have to go sub 20 in a 5k or sub 42 in a 10k this summer to get even near that. Not an easy job but the work has begun. Could you please not go any faster before then....

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk

Super run bud well done

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

Great effort. Congratulations!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here