Most Memorable live music performance

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
can't remember the exact dates but, Thin Lizzie at the Centre , 2 gigs in the late 70's or early 80's .... awsome performance both times. Which may have something to do with Live and Dangerous being voted top live album ever.

I saw

Black Rose
Chinatown
Renegade

Tours, late 70's / early 80's.

The greatest ever live rock band in the World.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
One of the gigs was cancelled and rearranged as Lynott had larynghitus.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I saw

Black Rose
Chinatown
Renegade

Tours, late 70's / early 80's.

The greatest ever live rock band in the World.

it will be the last two that I saw then, I believe Phil Lynott had his OD about six months after I saw them for the last time.....tragedy, especially as he told me and ooo's of the people at the gig, that he was " Going to Give it Up ".....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to me the Essential Festival in Brighton never gets its proper due acclaim. Recall seeing MONSTER sets from Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Fluke etc. on Dance Day over the few years it was going for. Total respect to the organisers.

:bowdown:

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
ally pally was far better than spike island, plus Prince lovesexy tour? saw that at wembley and thought it was cack, the oompa loompa was driving round in a car, pissing around, im sure he played basketball at one point, just wished he would sing and play guitar instead of constantly f***ing about, put me off prince for years!

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
The 'Ruts' at the Marquee around the time 'Human Punk' was recorded for their first album. One of the most underrated live bands of all time!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I also immediately thought of Queen at Live Aid, even though I was only 3 months old and (obviously) wasn't there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Ahmet Ertegan tribute concert, December 2007, without reservation, fear of contradiction, and utterly 100% totally unreservedly enthusiasm, that was the finest live show I have ever seen, guaranteed, and I don't expect to ever see a better one. Oh, and REMF got a clear £400 or so out of it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Seems to me the Essential Festival in Brighton never gets its proper due acclaim. Recall seeing MONSTER sets from Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Fluke etc. on Dance Day over the few years it was going for. Total respect to the organisers.

:bowdown:

Ah, if only that was still going. I remember seeing Public Enemy followed by James Brown and then Jamelia and then DJ Krush on hip-hop day.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Emmylou harris, The dome 1977odd. Absolutely awesome concert.
Rod Stewart Brighton Centre 1980's
Thin Lizzy, twice Brighton centre(?)
Genesis, too many to list, but Knebworth sticks in the mind.
Pink Floyd , Earls Court
Sex pistols, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The damned - Brixton Academy
Bob Marley's last ever concert at teh Brighton Centre
Kiri Te Kanewa at the Brighton Centre
Kraftwerk at the Dome
Dire Straits at The Dome
Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons ( december 63 tour) 1977 The Dome.

To be honest I can only remember one concert I ever disliked and that was tangereen Dream, who were fecking awful.

the week later, I saw Wishbone Ash at teh Dome and rekindled my faith in music

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Meat Loaf, Brighton early 80s.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Bob Marley - Both nights 1980

2nd night memorable for two reasons. First when he danced onto the stage, he tripped and fell into drum set, and secondly meeting him on the coach at the back of the center. Ill never forget it.

Last show in Europe. His last performance was in Pittsburgh in Sept 80

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Tiesto did a suprise set at a beach party I went to in Ibiza in 2005, that was pretty cool to watch him doing his thing while flame throwers, fireworks etc were happening at the same time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports