Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remf last night

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There were snags last night so we have to hold our hands up and admit it. Lester the raffle ticket seller had to stop at half time as he could not go on as he has rheumatoid arthritis. They fact he came along again whilst ill is something that epitomises the fund.

Everyone did their best. I did my best but made a mistake and am only human.

Lets just make REMF 10 even better.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
JUST SAID WHAT OTHERS WERE THINKING,PLEASE DONT BE ABUSIVE:wrong:

well thankyou for being the spokesperson of "other people's" thoughts.

If you have volunteered then fine, I look forward to meeting face to face and you can tell em how to improve the PA, i am always looking for CONSTRUCTIVE critisism......."announcer poor" is not constructive in my book.

look forward to meeting you

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
As organiser of the event, I take your comments on board Rev, and will consider them in due course.

For instance, next year when we do the raffle draw, we'll make sure we tear the tickets up properly and nicely, and draw them from the pit of your cavernous arsehole. Should raise a laugh.

:clap:

You really are a complete f***ing arse at times. Good to see you haven't learnt anything about customer service since that complete disaster of a shop you ran folded.

Take a lesson from US about humility, and stop shouting down everyone who dares disagree with you.

Stumpy Tim

well thankyou for being the spokesperson of "other people's" thoughts.

If you have volunteered then fine, I look forward to meeting face to face and you can tell em how to improve the PA, i am always looking for CONSTRUCTIVE critisism......."announcer poor" is not constructive in my book.

look forward to meeting you

come on Dave. Calm down. I'm sure a PM would suffice.

This has been the issue with the binfests on REMF. There seems to be an inabilty to take any criticism without it being held personally

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
pleasecan we stop this binfest. REMF 9 has been a great success and has raised a lot of money for a good cause. Non of us are pro's at running this charity and we all do what we can off our own backs. YES we know things could be more professional and probably done better but we actually put our time and money into it o help others, maybe a little thanks and more contributions would help rather than snide remarks

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
point taken. i have had a coffee. Sorry if i over-reacted

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Personally I think arranging an event of that size with a limited team of helpers / volunteers you have makes it an amazing achievement. Whats probably happened as a by-product is that its grown a bit big for itself maybe? and needs a bit more planning/event management next year? Either way its all good as far as I can see. Is there a REMF formal comittee, with regular meetings? Quite happily volunteer my little bit of event management and charity skills if so required. Not wishing to tread on any toes of anyone already doing these things, but just a point of view from me....

and ps. anyone giving Dave the razz for his announcing will deal with me...heart of gold that man!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree. We are meeting well before REMF 10 to discuss this exact thing. REMF has now moved on from a blinding light of brilliance in REMF 1 to profitable but low/middle key events from 2-7 and then took off in 8 and 9. It is now a juggernaught and I suppose we are not professionals so it may not be professional. Everyone did their bit to the letter yesterday except me who cocked up one thing but we live and learn. Al did everything superbly so he is to be absolved from any blame and Dave did very well on a ropey pa imo.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Personally I think arranging an event of that size with a limited team of helpers / volunteers you have makes it an amazing achievement. Whats probably happened as a by-product is that its grown a bit big for itself maybe? and needs a bit more planning/event management next year? Either way its all good as far as I can see. Is there a REMF formal comittee, with regular meetings? Quite happily volunteer my little bit of event management and charity skills if so required. Not wishing to tread on any toes of anyone already doing these things, but just a point of view from me....

and ps. anyone giving Dave the razz for his announcing will deal with me...heart of gold that man!

your help next year would be much appreciated.

D

Deleted User X18H

You really are a complete f***ing arse at times. Good to see you haven't learnt anything about customer service since that complete disaster of a shop you ran folded.

Take a lesson from US about humility, and stop shouting down everyone who dares disagree with you.

Ouch!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

David and Barbara at Lewes Football Club report that they had a great evening. They were particularly pleased that Peter and Jackie stayed behind to help them clear up.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
There's no need for anyone to beat themselves up or suggest that last night was a disaster. It wasn't. More money was raised than ever before and crowd numbers were higher than ever before. But like all events that rely on volunteer help, the areas that need greater attention will present themselves afterwards.

However, lessons are learnt and things go onwards and upwards. As an example, if more people are needed to sell raffle tickets (and that does appear to be the case) then more people will be recruited before the night next year.

Nobody involved with REMF (I like to think) is unable to take on board the constructive comments of people who attend the game but commentators can, of course, also volunteer to help so that REMF 10 will benefit from their organisational skills.

Not all of the organising, however, needs to be done (or indeed should be done) on NSC. People have phones, for example!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here