NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Dome

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its is for this gig, this is not some spotty teenage boy band followed by wet teenage girls it is a real mans band who have been going nearly 35 years and whose drummer is 71 and whose last big hit was probably about 20 years ago. I know the x factor and indie wank music gigs sell out in 20 minutes but I would rather wash my eyes in acid than attend half of the wanky inide bands so popular on here , most of whol I am never heard off. The Stranglers are a national institution and piss on any of the lefty nsc bands so popular on this site.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Its is for this gig, this is not some spotty teenage boy band followed by wet teenage girls it is a real mans band who have been going nearly 35 years and whose drummer is 71 and whose last big hit was probably about 20 years ago. I know the x factor and indie wank music gigs sell out in 20 minutes but I would rather wash my eyes in acid than attend half of the wanky inide bands so popular on here , most of whol I am never heard off. The Stranglers are a national institution and piss on any of the lefty nsc bands so popular on this site.

so you can't stand rubbish like leona lewis then uncle?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Apart from Leona obviously.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am refering more to the utter garbage posted on here in thread about good music. Crap indie and trendy student bands who will be working at McDonalds in 2 years time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Stranglers, a 'real man's band'. *snigger*.

You have a very closed mind to write off bands as 'wank' and then later in the same sentence admit you've never heard of them [let alone listened to them].

Why don't you live a little, and try something new. Its no longer 1980.

I bought an album on Saturday, by a band I'd never heard of, just for the hell. I've been playing it in the car for three days and guess what? I really like it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am not going to argue about it hans just get to the Dome by 8pm and do yourself a favour.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

You have a very closed mind to write off bands as 'wank' and then later in the same sentence admit you've never heard of them [let alone listened to them].

I bought an album on Saturday, by a band I'd never heard of, just for the hell. I've been playing it in the car for three days and guess what? I really like it.

I did buy Lady Gaga's the Fame Monster last week which was the first cd I have brought in 6 months, it is very good.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Go to HMV and track down Rattus Norvegicus made in 1976 which is the greatest debut album of all time imo. This album I can guarantee will make an impression on you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am not going to argue about it hans just get to the Dome by 8pm and do yourself a favour.

I'm not arguing either Gareth. The Stranglers are a decent band. I used to listen to them on my parents' cassette tapes when I was a kid in the late 70's, along with Led Zeppelin, The Beach Boys and Johnny Cash.

I saw Elvis Costello at the the BC a couple of years ago, and he was good. Steve Niaive was technically superb, too, but frankly there's something a little uninspiring about late middle-aged men trying to rock out.

As I said, you should broaden your horizons. You may stumble across stuff you really like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports