Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Still looking fairly good for snow. Latest charts suggesting the far SE (draw a line from the Wash down to Brighton) should see snow and snow only on Saturday night. Still hard to say for certain where the heaviest snow showers will be but the worst affected hilly areas could potentially see up to 20cms with 5-10cms widespread in lower areas.

The event Saturday into Sunday is certainly looking a little more marginal down here now. Not worth getting too worried just yet, as it's still a long way out (especially for such a complicated setup)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Brighton and Hove from Netweather.tv
snow1.JPG

snow2.JPG

snow3.JPG

snow4.JPG

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[MENTION=3660]Wanderer[/MENTION] - just shows how borderline it will be - 50 miles east or west will make all the difference in terms of freezing levels and therefore precipitation type.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] yes indeed. The % chance of snow in Brighton on Saturday evening is 29% whereas Burgess Hill is 45% (as things stand right now)

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] yes indeed. The % chance of snow in Brighton on Saturday evening is 29% whereas Burgess Hill is 45% (as things stand right now)

My concern has always been that near the coast it will be too warm, especially with a SE wind, and we'll get sleet here. Hopefully inland and on the Downs it'll be snow.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My concern has always been that near the coast it will be too warm, especially with a SE wind, and we'll get sleet here. Hopefully inland and on the Downs it'll be snow.

So it seems your passion for Weather forecasting stems from a deep-seated want and need for snow

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Currently all white around my house in Leicester. Setting off in a couple of hours, but I suspect the bigger problem will be the sun in my eyes all the way down!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am now resigned to no snow in Worthing this winter. Sad times.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here