Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Companies/brands you remember that no longer exist

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008

"The pint that thinks it's a quart"....bollocks.

Who did Tavern?
As in "Don't waste valuable Tavern time".

Has someone mentioned Worthington E yet?

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Was it Whitbread Trophy Bitter?

Also Kestrel Lager, Youngers Tartan Bitter :nono:

Fine Fare has been mentioned already, but I used to work for them. Think they merged with Gateway supermarkets and eventually became part of Somerfield I think.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes, Whitbread Trophy that was it. Truly, truly dreadful pint - made Red Barrel seem halfway decent.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Was it Whitbread Trophy Bitter?

Also Kestrel Lager, Youngers Tartan Bitter :nono:

Fine Fare has been mentioned already, but I used to work for them. Think they merged with Gateway supermarkets and eventually became part of Somerfield I think.

Fine Fare merged with Key Markets who then became Gateway and then Somerfield. (I used to work for Key Markets).

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
2148712367_4f67e3cb98.jpg

trio.jpg

Anyone remember 'united' biscuits?:drool:

:rave:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On a national level - Who (apart from Ben's Grandad) remembers Brickwoods and Double Diamond?

All of the old names have now vanished like Watney Coombe Reid, Whitbread, Ind Coope, Fremlins Courage and of course most of their original brand names like Treble Gold, John Courage, Cream Label Stout, Whitbread Tankard.

No longer do you see a pub advertising their brewers eg. The Kings Arms with Courage Beers. The Henty Friary Meux.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What was that alcoholic lemon drink they launched somewhere around the late 1990s, thus introducing a generation of teenagers who'd never have touched beer or wine to the wonders of easy drunkenness?

It came in a green glass bottle and had a cartoon lemon on the front, and doesn't seem to exist now, thanks to the omnipresence of such slapper-oil brands as WKD? I can't remember what it was called. I think the cartoon lemon design was binned because it was deemed too enticing to youngsters :dunce:

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
What was that alcoholic lemon drink they launched somewhere around the late 1990s, thus introducing a generation of teenagers who'd never have touched beer or wine to the wonders of easy drunkenness?

It came in a green glass bottle and had a cartoon lemon on the front, and doesn't seem to exist now, thanks to the omnipresence of such slapper-oil brands as WKD? I can't remember what it was called. I think the cartoon lemon design was binned because it was deemed too enticing to youngsters :dunce:

Probably either Two Dogs or Hooch. Can't remember which was which.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
90smashhits1.jpg

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Hooch.

Came out the same time as Two Dogs, which I believe was similarly vile.

The original alcopops

plakat_hooch.gif

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Panini stickers

86.jpg
combo.gif
1.jpg
2.jpg

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
How about:

_404792_cellnet300.jpg

and

One 2 One, which was the dreadful network that has since been taken over and rebranded T-Mobile. Can't seem to find a pic of their logo anywhere though. Didn't they used to sponsor Middlesboro or somebody like that?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What a great thread idea, Edna.

British Caledonian Airways, Southern Sound, TVS, Radio Brighton, Southern TV, Presto, Fine Fare, Gateway, Rediffusion, Oracle, TSB, Midlands Bank...

I'm sure there's plenty more from my childhood.

Lloyds are still Lloyds TSB aren't they?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
And on the phone theme, do Siemens still make handsets? Haven't seen any for years

one-way%20call%20on%20Siemens%20phone.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here