Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

I'm reading Peter James, Dead Tomorrow. It is absolutely brilliant, apart from one of the lead Characters Lynn Beckett. She is so bloody annoying!!!

Funny that, that is the one that I am just about to start reading. I don't even get a complimentary copy and have to borrow it from the library being too tight to buy it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just about to start "The Year 1000" by Robert Lacey

It is a history book but when I picked it up in a charity shop it looked readable.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I am the Secret Footballer

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
1365........Bernard Cornwell. Third or forth in a series written with a background of the wars in France. Knights and English Archers leading to the battle of Potiers, the lesser known one after Crecy. Standard Cornwell adventures written around factual history. Makes you want to buy a Longbow!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Litigators - John Grisham

I have read all his books and am absolutely astonished to learn from the front of this latest that this is his 25th !

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Spoilt for choice. Some great reads recently. If you can get hol of "last light" by Alex scarrow ands it's sequel "after light " you won't be disappointed. Think peak oil and terrorists bring the worlds power grids to its knees. Also read a very disturbing book called "the ruins" a very strange tale of kids getting lost in south America.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The Rotters Club by Jonathan Coe - absolutely brilliant, especially if you remember the late seventies, early eighties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here