[Albion] Premier League 14-15/5/24

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's so very spursy. The manager calls out the fans and people inside the club, the fans are livid at the manager, the manager has had a bustup with a player or two, the atmosphere is a mess and the fallout from this game will haunt them for a while. All for what? You weren't beating City anyway and Arsenal keep their bragging rights. They've won the league before and will win it again, meanwhile the lack of winning mentality at Tottenham is staggering.

And all at the end of a season where it looked to the rest of us that they might have turned a corner this year. But no, still spursy.

Before the season all the noise was Spurs would be in a relegation fight without Kane/lucky to be in top 10....... so they have achieved more than that in a rebuild year and it's Spursy?

Reading back through the start of the season and all the victories were luck and down to a lucky start.... so can't have it both ways of claiming it's fallen apart......

Seems you may have fallen into the media hype I'm afraid.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yet people who were actually in the ground say the fans wanted the team to win?
5 Live: "The loudest this ground was was when 'Oh when the Spurs go marching in'" after they went 2-0 down. It was a very strange atmosphere"

Ange asked specifically 'what did you think of the atmosphere?'

Says it all!

I know you're a spurs fan but as a neutral its pretty funny that spurs end up the season by having to celebrate not being able to finish in the Champions League because it (in all likelihood) means arsenal won't win the league. Champions League would've been huge for spurs in terms of attracting players in the summer, etc.

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Before the season all the noise was Spurs would be in a relegation fight without Kane/lucky to be in top 10....... so they have achieved more than that in a rebuild year and it's Spursy?

Reading back through the start of the season and all the victories were luck and down to a lucky start.... so can't have it both ways of claiming it's fallen apart......

Seems you may have fallen into the media hype I'm afraid.
Seems you may be in denial that your season imploded and you didn’t care, possibly even hoped, that your club lost a game which threw away your last chance of a Champion’s League place. This is OK because it probably f***ed up your vastly superior rivals winning the league. Enjoy :rolleyes:

It would be karma if City lost and Arsenal won the last game, unlikely I accept.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seems you may be in denial that your season imploded and you didn’t care, possibly even hoped, that your club lost a game which threw away your last chance of a Champion’s League place. This is OK because it probably f***ed up your vastly superior rivals winning the league. Enjoy :rolleyes:

It would be karma if City lost and Arsenal won the last game, unlikely I accept.

You don't even know Brightons history..... I'd stay quiet.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
What the last 48hrs has shown, whether Spurs fans admit it or not, is that Arsenal have been living rent free inside their heads for over 40 years. It’s a little weird, you can’t compare the two clubs, one are perennial winners, the other… well… isn’t. I’ll never understand why the likes of Spurs and Leeds have such large fan bases when they’ve literally done nothing of any note for decades.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
You don't even know Brightons history..... I'd stay quiet.
Do I remember our fans wanting to throw a game to stop Palace winning something? Nope, enlighten me

I do remember Palace being professional enough not to throw a game to see us relegated though

I’ll keep quiet if you hang your head in shame :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'd hope you agree, you said it!
I said spurs would be in a relegation fight?

Edit
I guess you've quoted me saying the Kane thing about ordinary. Congratulations on finishing high enough for the Europe League. But surely that's quite ordinary for a team of spurs stature or are you not aiming higher?

You neatly avoided that no one was mentioning relegation at all.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Do I remember our fans wanting to throw a game to stop Palace winning something? Nope, enlighten me

I do remember Palace being professional enough not to throw a game to see us relegated though

I’ll keep quiet if you hang your head in shame :lolol:

Seems someone doesn't know the difference between the fans and the team being professional

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If by dressing this up as a near deliberate defeat makes it more palatable for the Spurs fans, then good for them.

The fact is, irrespective of a feverish atmosphere and a genuine desire to win… this Spurs team loses that game 9 times out of 10… this rivalry hyperbole is a convenient sideshow to an inevitable defeat.

As for us, I guess we’re all a bit miffed that either champions elect represent a worse case… insufferable Arsenal and a media love in, conveniently side stepping the 200 million or so spend… or City steamrollering everyone AGAIN with their own loaded dice and ‘interesting’ FFP interpretation….

Yep, either way it’s going to suck, but in reality anyone winning except a Leicester type story or us… well, it’s always a bit meh.

Christ, Chelsea will probably be in the mix next year the very thought of which would make me want to lose a decisive fixture lol… hang on 😂😂 seriously though 🤮

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Seems someone doesn't know the difference between the fans and the team being professional

I would certainly question how professional Spurs players have been in the last couple of months, yes. Seems they did show more spirit and desire than their fans last night, agreed.

Anyway you seem to have side stepped my original question, what don’t I know about Brighton history that is relevant to your result last night and fans being happy about it?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I said spurs would be in a relegation fight?

Edit
I guess you've quoted me saying the Kane thing about ordinary. Congratulations on finishing high enough for the Europe League. But surely that's quite ordinary for a team of spurs stature or are you not aiming higher?

You neatly avoided that no one was mentioning relegation at all.

"I seriously think we could be fighting relegation next season," a despairing O'Hara said when asked about losing the club's star striker's potential departure

Feel free to google more examples

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

"I seriously think we could be fighting relegation next season," a despairing O'Hara said when asked about losing the club's star striker's potential departure

Feel free to google more examples
Well one swallow doesn't make a summer. I think that article is sour grapes most likely. Anyway we are going in circles, he's done a decent enough job. 👍🏻

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I would certainly question how professional Spurs players have been in the last couple of months, yes. Seems they did show more spirit and desire than their fans last night, agreed.

Anyway you seem to have side stepped my original question, what don’t I know about Brighton history that is relevant to your result last night and fans being happy about it?

So a complete lack of form/losing games is now unprofessional? Jeeeeez.

Nothing... just a mere dig at your lack of knowledge about the one of the most important points in Brightons history.

But tell me more how Crawley council blocked the ground share?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
So a complete lack of form/losing games is now unprofessional? Jeeeeez.

Nothing... just a mere dig at your lack of knowledge about the one of the most important points in Brightons history.

But tell me more how Crawley council blocked the ground share?

Oh well dig away, but I’d rather be wrong about a detail that happened decades ago than wish/be happy to lose a game that puts stopping a rival from winning the league over a chance of getting into Europe’s Premier club tournament. Each to their own but that is piss poor to me :shrug:

Your dig has absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed on this thread though, just a petty irrelevant deflection.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If by dressing this up as a near deliberate defeat makes it more palatable for the Spurs fans, then good for them.

The fact is, irrespective of a feverish atmosphere and a genuine desire to win… this Spurs team loses that game 9 times out of 10
Before last night City had played four times at this Spurs ground. They’d lost ALL four matches, and failed to score a single goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports