Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] You’re Not Normal, You’re A Brighton Fan

el punal

Yesterday, one of my oldest friends who also is a long time Albion fan rang me up. Have I got a ticket for Fulham away? I replied that luckily I had as I was in the first tier of loyalty points but I told him they sold out within two days. I thought so, he said, I phoned up the club and they told me there were none available.

At this point I must tell you that my friend is an Albion+ member and has been supporting the team for over fifty years. His first ever away game was watching the Albion at Craven Cottage - hence the significance for wanting a ticket. I will add that my friend is a warm and generous person but innocent and naive in the nefarious methods of obtaining a match ticket, as I will now describe.

He decided to phone the ticket office at Craven Cottage and straight away informed the lady dealing with his call that he was a Brighton fan and he would like to purchase a ticket. :facepalm:
The lady then stated that as he was an away fan he should contact the Albion instead. But what if I was a normal fan then, my friend persisted. And her reply - You’re not normal, you’re a Brighton fan, and promptly cut him off. :drink:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Funny.

Was going to say it's crazy that someone can be a fan for 50 years+ and not understand how ticketing works.

BUT, let's face it, things have got a lot more complicated in the past 5-10 years.

When I'm his age, my kids will be dealing with - and perhaps watching - holograms or something.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yesterday, one of my oldest friends who also is a long time Albion fan rang me up. Have I got a ticket for Fulham away? I replied that luckily I had as I was in the first tier of loyalty points but I told him they sold out within two days. I thought so, he said, I phoned up the club and they told me there were none available.

At this point I must tell you that my friend is an Albion+ member and has been supporting the team for over fifty years. His first ever away game was watching the Albion at Craven Cottage - hence the significance for wanting a ticket. I will add that my friend is a warm and generous person but innocent and naive in the nefarious methods of obtaining a match ticket, as I will now describe.

He decided to phone the ticket office at Craven Cottage and straight away informed the lady dealing with his call that he was a Brighton fan and he would like to purchase a ticket. :facepalm:
The lady then stated that as he was an away fan he should contact the Albion instead. But what if I was a normal fan then, my friend persisted. And her reply - You’re not normal, you’re a Brighton fan, and promptly cut him off. :drink:
I will see your :facepalm: and raise it to a :lolol::lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Funny.

Was going to say it's crazy that someone can be a fan for 50 years+ and not understand how ticketing works.

BUT, let's face it, things have got a lot more complicated in the past 5-10 years.

When I'm his age, my kids will be dealing with - and perhaps watching - holograms or something.
TBH I've been a fan for over fifty years and I couldn't tell you exactly how it all works! Especially away games. (Tiers, layers, memberships, points etc)

#simplesoul

el punal

Funny.

Believe me, he stills lives in the 1980s. Only until recently did he believe that the best way to obtain a ticket was to drive to the Amex and purchase it in person. Bless him! :thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’ve got a ticket I can’t sell to your friend.

(Just seeing if the PBOBE snooper technology is working)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Funny.

Probably needs a Professor Frink
'hoyvin-flavin' to understand My Albion +

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I mean, anywhere else in the country, it would have been a silly request. But up until very recently, he could have made that very call to the Fulham ticket office, and been immediately offered a ticket in the ‘neutral’ section 🤷‍♂️

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I mean, anywhere else in the country, it would have been a silly request. But up until very recently, he could have made that very call to the Fulham ticket office, and been immediately offered a ticket in the ‘neutral’ section 🤷‍♂️
I managed to get a ticket in the "neutral" section for the 4-2.
It was no longer a neutral section, but most of the fans in there were either Brighton or Neutral.

It's probably different now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ve been in that neutral section twice.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
One time I was in the neutral section a dad and his 2 young boys asked a steward if he could move, as he was surrounded by 2,997 Brighton fans. That was my only hope of an away ticket in the Prem that wouldn't be in the home end.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That neutral section was just an away section but the tickets cost more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here