Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your end of season Mojo

Your end of season Mojo

• Total voters

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Has it been destroyed by our end of season implosion and departure of RDZ or are you basing it on how you think we might do next season?

I am reasonably positive but I have hated the last few months as most games were a really frustrating watch, but we do have some excellent young players who will have benefited from the game time. We will also be making some decent signings I’m sure

Excites to see who our new manager is too

I am a glass half full 6
A squad ravaged by injuries, starting eleven getting weaker each game from the Roma game onwards. But, use the break wisely get everyone fit again then the new manager has a very exciting group of players. It’s a 7 from me

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
3. Just honestly felt that whilst in Bloom we trust, a degree of wiggle room could have kept RDZ happy and then next season we would have really cooked.

Given that can’t happen now I’m entirely frustrated that it’s highly unlikely we secure a manager who plays with the same freedom and gay abandon.

Our fluid intense football was beautiful to watch and raised my mojo higher than it had ever been the success it brought was a pure bonus.

I think sadly we’ve seen our peak.

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Overall for the season very much a middle of the road 5. Some very good highs but all made a bit meh with the run of results over the second part of the season.

Yesterday was awful though, not only was the result shit but I had a call at half time to tell me a Tesco driver had driven into my parked car. 2/10 and up yours Tesco.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I voted 6+ yesterday and still feel the same.
Whilst I can understand the feelings of those whose mojo is floppy, I am an optimist by nature and with a new manager plus entourage, a few decent signings and most of our injured players back fit, I think we’ll be ok next season, but I am not expecting fireworks…..that can come the season after!
I do want a regular goalie though.😁👍

A one at the moment for all sorts of reasons. A real end of term / end of era feeling about yesterday. United are our bunnies too. The failure to finish our chances in the first half killed me a little inside.

But get the next coaching appointment right and have a good transfer window, maybe see some injured players back and I'll be a 10 ahead of the first game of next season.

I make no apologies for being bi polar when it comes to the Albion. That's how it's always affected me.

Likewise

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We were running on the fumes of the previous season, but inevitably selling our best assets has put us where we are now. Like I've said before, some people honestly believed that we have some kind of jackpot conveyer belt to churn out another World Cup winner. We do not. We'd already thrown away any chance of genuinely competing in Europe before the season had even begun. RDZ did remarkably well under the circumstances.

Alas, he was/is a great manager in amongst a talented squad, not so much a great manager to motivate a depleted one. For long anyway. I imagine this is the profile of manager we will be looking for now.

Our comfortably good enough to have had over 60 caps for England CB is in decline, I have a feeling we will be losing Gross who has been a level head since promotion and there is still a gaping hole in our midfield.

There's a huge amount of work to do, and I'm concerned.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
3. Just honestly felt that whilst in Bloom we trust, a degree of wiggle room could have kept RDZ happy and then next season we would have really cooked.

Given that can’t happen now I’m entirely frustrated that it’s highly unlikely we secure a manager who plays with the same freedom and gay abandon.

Our fluid intense football was beautiful to watch and raised my mojo higher than it had ever been the success it brought was a pure bonus.

I think sadly we’ve seen our peak.
Not sure TB or PBOBE does any wiggling and I get the impression that RDZ is a "give him an inch and......" kind of guy.
That said its a 7 from me 14th highest wage bill and 11th in the table, which given our average position of 14th is not the heights of the previous 2 seasons but fully expect (hope for) a bounce next season

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
It’s pretty poor right now, but that’s probably only because of how high it was at the end of last season. I’m getting better at accepting this in life in general though - the peaks and troughs.

Boethius probably said it better than I can;

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It had the potential to be the best ever and then the coach started to believe the hype, then the focus was on him and not the team.
The rest is history.
Going to take some rebuilding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here