Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Your 2022 HIGHLIGHTS

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
On a more serious note:

Getting a long overdue pay-rise.

Being selected to join a team working in partnership with the police doing safety patrols in Brighton at night, focusing on vulnerable females and VAWG (violence against women and girls). We also deal with medical emergencies, violence, missing and wanted persons and basically anything that presents itself. We also help a lot of people with info and directions etc.
Have had to do a lot of training and exams to get up to scratch, got my handcuff qualification and mental health first aid qualification among others. Nice to be achieving things again.

It's a great team and even though I say it myself, we have had some fantastic outcomes and there's a lot of people who got home safe who may have had a bad time of it had we not intervened. I'm proud of that.

In general, seeing more of friends and family after lock downs etc. They are all in good health and in good places in their lives. It's nice to see.

Seeing a dear friend face his demons, join AA and really turn his life around. It has made me in tears at times to see the progress he has made.

That Chelsea game.

And I finally overcame my fear of doctors and went and had all my bloods etc done. I have some things I now need meds for but lifestyle changes will hopefully see me off of them this year.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My only daughter getting married to a smashing young man. A Copper and a Luton STH, we’ll, you can’t have it all.

My eldest Son and his Wife providing us with our fourth grandson.

One of my oldest and closest friends being given the all clear from prostate cancer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On a more serious note:

Getting a long overdue pay-rise.

Being selected to join a team working in partnership with the police doing safety patrols in Brighton at night, focusing on vulnerable females and VAWG (violence against women and girls). We also deal with medical emergencies, violence, missing and wanted persons and basically anything that presents itself. We also help a lot of people with info and directions etc.
It's a great team and even though I say it myself, we have had some fantastic outcomes and there's a lot of people who got home safe who may have had a bad time of it had we not intervened. I'm proud of that.

In general, seeing more of friends and family after lock downs etc. They are all in good health and in good places in their lives. It's nice to see.

Seeing a dear friend face his demons, join AA and really turn his life around. It has made me in tears at times to see the progress he has made.

That Chelsea game.

And I finally overcame my fear of doctors and went and had all my bloods etc done. I have some things I now need meds for but lifestyle changes will hopefully see me off of them this year.
Good post Clampy and well done :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Work: Got my paper on our new 'wonder drug' published and the patent granted in 3 jurisdictions and got 3 year's worth of funding to work on my next 'wonder drug' which also kept my post-doc employed.

Play: The Chelsea game.

More play: Discovered yet another mountain of amazing music....some of which I may have shared on NSC. Ahem.

Sorry, I don't have a serious reply other than glad to be alive, still :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Work: Got my paper on our new 'wonder drug' published and the patent granted in 3 jurisdictions and got 3 year's worth of funding to work on my next 'wonder drug' which also kept my post-doc employed.

Play: The Chelsea game.

More play: Discovered yet another mountain of amazing music....some of which I may have shared on NDC. Ahem.

Sorry, I don't have a serious reply other than glad to be alive, still :thumbsup:
I said hello to you in the beer queue yesterday.

*flutters eyelashes*

:moo:

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
1. My oldest completing GCSEs and going to college

2. Littlehampton Town's 2021/22 season culminating in three trophies, promotion and Wembley final

3. Having a new role at working, no longer anxiety ridden

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Seeing my grandson grow. Now 18 months and eldest daughter got no 2 on the way (after lots of trauma and a little bit of science for no 1 above).

Albion. Ending the season on a high and starting this season well, followed by RDZ appointment.

Hopefully seeing the back of health issues which have plagued me for 18 months

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Followed this guy on Twitter for the past year ..suffering from (terminal) cancer ..vowed to run at least 5k a day for 365 consecutive days (tomorrow is that milestone) to raise money for charity to bring awareness etc
I am not in love with running ..much prefer walking ..but have total respect for him (even if he is a MU supporter) an inspiration

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Trip to Wales on the motorbike and the weather being perfect all week.

Seeing Genesis in concert one last time after the third time of trying after two covid delays.

Seeing Green Day in concert at the London stadium

Seeing ColdPlay in concert at Wembley

Seeing Brighton beat Chelsea in Potters return, that game will live long in the memory, so sweet

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The arrival of two beautiful grandchildren, my son winning the South of England 400m indoor title and another year clear of cancer for Mrs Q…… Oh and my football team did brilliantly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here